Firework

Kitten

As I was closing up the cafe a loud bang resonated. Right I forgot it's July. Even when it isn't the holidays people still liked to light up fireworks all summer long. Hopefully Leo is okay, and not being frightened by the fireworks. I managed to get home ten minutes later as I practically ran back to my house. The moment I opened the door another loud bang sounded. I glared at the sky as I quickly closed the door. I took my shoes off as I began to make my way to the living room. 

 

"Leo?" I called out as I walked to the couch to not find him laying there. Maybe he is in the kitchen eating. I walked over to the kitchen to still see no sign of him anywhere. Maybe he is sleeping on the bed. I ran to the bedroom still see no Leo.

What if he tried to walk to the cafe? What if he got so scared he fainted? What if someone kidnapped him?! 

 

While I was rambling another loud bang could be heard. At this pont I was about ready to throw something out the window when I heard a strangled meow. 

"Leo?!" I called out anf waited for another meow.  About a minute later I heard another mewo coming from the closet. I pried the door opend and called out again

 

"Leo!"

 

This time a meow came from above my head. I looked up to my storage boxes. I grabbed the one filled with socks, and noticed how it fel heavier than usual. I looked inside, and to my relief Leo was inside there. I practically choked him as I hugged him against me. He bit my hand in return so I loosened my hold on him.

 

"I was so worried about you!" Before Leo could do anything another loud bang was heard. Leo jumped and clung onto me. I winced as his claws dugged into my shirt. I carried him to my bed and set him down.

 

"Wait here I'll be back." Leo meowed, but stayed put as I went to close all the the windows and curtains. Then I went to get my speaker. In hope of calming Leo down as well as drown out the fireworks I played something I knew Leo liked. Within seconds the sound of rain filled the room. Leo perked his ears up in question at the new sound. He then walked into my lap and lay there listening to the rain. I had known since it rained not long ago that Leo really like the sound of the rain. I pet his fur helping him relax more. Once I heard him purring I smiled. I rolled onto my side with Leo in my embrace. Surprisingly Leo didn't struggle as he usually didn't like to be hugged. He just snuggled closer to me, and stayed there content. 

"Good night my little kitten." I didn't think he would respond, but a little meow was heard. I smiled and with one last pet to his head I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of rain.

 

I had this story in my mind for so long but just could never get it on paper lol This story is for all the pet owners who struggle when there are fireworks and spend the night comforting their pets like me lol Hope you liked it!