Tuxedo

Kitten

“I swear the next time I see Jaehwan I’m gonn-

 

Meow

 

Huh?

 

Meow

 

Where is that meow coming from? I looked around trying to find

 

Meow

 

Right there in front of me scratching my leg was a small black kitten. What was oddly strange about this kitten was he had small patch of white on his chest along with a little speckle of black. From far away it looked like he was wearing a bowtie.

 

MEOW

 

I was snapped out of my thoughts and bent down to pick up the now angry kitten.

 

“I’m assuming you're hungry?” As if being able to understand me it nuzzled my hand. Well I don’t have cat food. I checked my phone it was 6pm so the stores are still open.  Looking at the kitten in my hands I made my decision, and began walking to the nearby store close to my house.  It dawned on me that animals aren’t allowed at the store. Luckily I had a bag on me so I put the kitten in the bag. Quickly before the kitten started meowing again, I bought a small bag of cat food. Once out I let the little kitten come out of the bag, and put it on my shoulder. My house wasn’t far away, but I couldn’t risk the kitten getting hit by a car. Thankfully the kitten stayed on my shoulder the rest of the way there. In the safety of my home I put the kitten down so I can get a bowl to put the food in. The moment I set the bowl down the kitten devoured the food in front of him.

 

“Well you must have been hungry” I crouched down to pet his fur. It was surprisingly cleaned for a stranded kitten. Which led me thinking that maybe the kitten did have a owner.  

 

“Do you have an owner?” “You don’t seem to have a collar though.” The kitten somehow understood me again, and turned to stare at me to shake his head as if to say no.  

 

“Can you understand me?” The kitten stood there staring at me as if pondering my question. The kitten then proceeded to walk away possibly to explore his new surroundings.

 

“Right you need a place to sleep.” I followed the kitten that walked straight to my bedroom. How did this kitten know where sleep.  Maybe I am just overthinking. It was strange though since my room was quite the distance from the entryway. The kitten looked up at me waiting for me to open the door. I opened the door just for the kitten to jump up on my bed and fall asleep.

 

“Well that was unexpected.