fourth man

Loving All of You

“ Hey, Momo unnie “ Tzuyu greets momo as the young doctor barges in. 

 

“ Hey, Tzuyu where is Wendy and Sana? “ Momo asks as her eyes wander around the room, looking for the two. 

 

“ They haven’t arrived unnie, it’s just 7:30 in the morning” The younger says as fixes the files on top of her desk.

 

“ Wait, it’s just 7:30? Do you usually come here this early?” momo asks, taking a sit by the couch. 

 

“ Yeah, ever since my internship here I’ve gotten used to being an early bird.” the younger responds earning a small ‘oh’ from momo accompanied  by a nod. 

 

A few minutes of silence past, before tzuyu decides to break it. “ So unnie, why are you here so early” 

 

“ Well, I have things to discuss with all of you, which I’m sure will be really helpful for your upcoming thesis” Momo says while fiddling with her phone to contact the other two doctors. 

 

“ Ugh, Don’t remind me of that unnie.” Tzuyu says pouting.

 

“ Hmm…and why not?” 

 

“ My thesis nearing, means me going back to school… meaning I wont be able to ‘work’ here anymore.” 

 

Momo chuckles at tzuyu’s whine, “ Yah, if you want to officially work here you have to finish your degree. “ 

 

Tzuyu sighs and continues fixing the documents quietly. “ But we sure will miss our diligent and hard working secretary / receptionist. “ momo adds, earning a giggle from the younger. 

 

“ And I’ve been meaning to ask, you’re so tall and beautiful. Why choose to study psychology rather than becoming a model or an actress.” the young doctor said, standing up and stretching her body.

 

Tzuyu hums at that, “ I guess I never really had interest in such line of work. And I’ve always been really good at reading people so….”

Momo nods in understanding, “ I guess we’ll have to look for a replacement for you now, considering your internship is nearing to an end.” 

 

“ Well, you guys won’t find anyone who’s as diligent as me..” Tzuyu jokes, making momo laugh. 

 

“ That’s for sure” The older says agreeing. 

 

 

 

 

“ So I called you all here for a very important meeting “ Momo says as the other 3 just look at her waiting for her to continue. “ It’s about Mina…”

 

With that said the room was filled with squeals and an, “ Omg, are you guys together now??”  And, “When's the wedding?” and lastly an “ I’m so proud of you momo, you grow up so fast.” from sana while she wipes an invisible tear from her cheek.

 

Momo flushes at their comments coughing and attempting to regain composure, “ That’s not it, I mean it’s about Mina’s condition.”

 

The latter’s statement gets a collective ‘ohh’ from the trio, and decided to settle back down on their chairs. Gaining the attention of the three, Momo then tells last night’s peculiar encounter with Mina. After she finished, the three kept mum while they furrowed their eyes brows.

 

 

“ Wait so you’re telling me that….Mina somehow formed a new personality to cope up with the pain of loosing her family?” Wendy asks

 

“ Well, I didn’t say that, I just assumed it. But that is why we’re here to discuss this, because didn’t we made an agreement that if something like this comes up we’d talk it out and consider our options? “ Momo says, getting a nod from Sana. 

 

Tzuyu then raises her hands getting the attention of the doctors, “ Uhm, Why am I here though unnie?”

 

“ You’re the fourth man. ” Sana says, getting a confused rise of a brow from the latter as if asking for an explanation. “ Well, three of us have been friends since college and we’ve come to know that our brains are always on the same wavelength. But in cases like this, we need another person to join the party and think of a different answer — no matter how far-fetched it is— to overrule our reasons.” Sana pauses and thinks, “ It’s called the tenth man rule, when nine people agree on something, it’s the tenth man’s responsibility to disagree no matter how probable the idea is.” 

 

“ It’s the tenth man’s role to convince the other people in the party to consider an alternative view point, something we humans usually resist.” Momo continues for Sana, “ But since we’re only three, we call it fourth man rule.” 

 

“ Oh, so I’m here to think of an alternative answer and you guys will consider it no matter how improbable my idea could be?” The youngest says, getting a nod from the three.

 

“ Plus you have an open mind considering you are still studying all this stuff. “ says Wendy.

 

“ Okay lets get thinking Gang. “ Sana says enthusiastically. 

 

Wendy raises her hand in attempt of getting the others attention, “ I think we need more information on what’s going on with mina. She could’ve just been drunk last night or if what she said about her mom ‘hurting’ her true then the closest think she could be diagnosed with is Borderline Personality Disorder, but as you said we can’t jump into conclusions.” 

 

Momo hums, “ That’s true… However, we’ve been hanging out frequently and I haven’t noticed any symptoms of BPD from her…”

 

“ We need more information, Tzuyu do you think you can find more information about Mina? Family background, Medical records, school records find as much as you can.” Sana says to the youngest who nods and stands up to do the task requested from her.

 

“ Momo, keep an eye on her. We need all the information we can get, then if we have enough we can talk about this again.” Wendy says standing up after momo mutters a quiet thanks, and follows Tzuyu outside.

 

Sana too stands up to follow the two but before she goes out the door, she looks back, “ Don’t worry Momo, we’re going to help whatever is going on with Mina okay?” she smiles softly before fully going out the room.

 

Momo rests her forehead on the table, closing her eyes as she heaves a sigh. A vibrate from her phone prompts her lift her head from the cool surface. 

 

A smile crawls up her face when she sees a text from the girl her heart aches for. 

 

 

Mina [ 8:16] :  Have a nice day <3 :) 

 

 

Sana’s words echos in her head, ‘ I’m going to help you mina…’ 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

I’M SORRY, know I said i was going to update on the 25th but i got sick after the competition then after i recovered exams were on their way and I had to catch up on all the lessons that i missed due to my training and ugh i’m sorry.

 

I’ll make it up though, Promise :)) 

 

Anyway if any of y’all were wondering what Borderline Personality Disorder(BPD) is it’s a mental illness which has symptoms similar to Dissociative Identity Disorder(DID) or what most of you know as Multi Personality Disorder.

 

While dissociation is also a symptom of BPD, usually the dissociation seen in BPD does not happen as frequently or as severely as in DID, that being said a person with BPD can have an ‘episode’ where they temporarily manifest an alter ego. But as I said it’s not as frequent as the ‘episode’ a DID patient have. 

 

Though like DID, BPD can be acquired through traumas, childhood abuse or neglect or were separated from their caregivers / parents at an early age. People who have BPD also experience problems with depressed mood. In fact, one study found that about most patients with BPD met criteria for a mood disorder and clinical depression. 

 

That’s pretty much it folks hahaha i’ll probably add these kind of notes in my updates if ever a content in my future updates are unfamiliar to y’all

So see y’all in the next update bye loves.

 

PS. Heart Shaker is near omg sdksdks