couch

Loving All of You

“ Well okay Mitang, feeling okay now? ” Momo says still confused.

 

Mina beams nodding her head, while proceeding back to what she was previously doing. Momo watches as the latter carefully picks up her pencil and finish her sketch, while watching, momo has fished out her phone and read her college notes.

 

‘ Dissociative Identity disorder, formerly referred to as multiple personality disorder,  is a condition wherein a person’s identity is fragmented into two or more distinct personality states. People with this rare condition are often victims of severe abuse.’

 

‘ Severe abuse? I don’t recall Mina ever telling me about any sort of abuse.’

 

The situation gnawed at Momo’s head. She can’t jumped into conclusion, as she learned back in college, what’s happening to Mina could be a coping mechanism. She might be cured of her depression but there still must be a remnant of sadness for her to do something like this or rather her subconscious to do this.

 

Momo was pulled out of her thoughts as Mina is pulling at her sleeve to get her attention.

 

The older hums as she take her eyes away from her phone to be met with a grinning Mina. ‘ God she looks cute ‘

 

Mina excitedly took her drawing and showed the older, It was a picture of a very beautiful woman. Somehow the woman reminded her of Mina, with that elegant smile on her pretty face. Momo takes the drawing from Mina’s hand, studying the it closely, her hands tracing over delicate outline.

 

“ Is this your- “ before Momo could finish her sentence mina finishes it for her.

 

“ Mommy! Yes she’s my mommy, isn’t she pretty?”, Momo watches Mina animatedly talk about a time when her mom hugged her to sleep during a thunder storm. But suddenly tears come spilling out of Mina’s eyes, which panics Momo.

 

“ Hey, hey why the long face? “ Momo says softly, cupping the younger’s cheeks while wiping the stray tear.  Mina sniffles, and smiles sadly. “ It’s just that Mommy, she hurt Mitang too.”

 

Momo pulls Mina in for a hug, ‘ She hurt Mina too?’.  The young doctor combs Mina’s hair to calm her.

 

“ Shh, As long as I’m here she won’t hurt you anymore okay? “ Momo assures, earning a hiccup and a nod from Mina.

 

They stayed like that for a while. Until Mina pulled out of the hug and yawned.

 

“ I’m tired. “ The younger said, while rubbing her swollen eyes.

 

“ Come on, Lets get you to bed. “ Momo says standing up, pulling mina with her to the latter’s bedroom.

 

Momo tucked Mina in, kissing her forehead before heading to the door. But a faint call makes her halt to her steps.

 

“ Can Momoring stay with Mitang? “ Mina says eyes glossy with sleepiness. Momo smiled at the nickname, walking closer back to the bed.

 

“ Will that be okay with you? “ Momo asks uncertain, making Mina nod in response.

 

“ Okay, I’ll stay. But i’ll sleep on the couch okay?” Momo says, not wanting to step over boundaries.

 

Mina nods hesitantly, which makes Momo smile. ‘ I’m so whipped, God help me ‘

 

 

The night ends with Momo sleeping on Mina’s couch, curling as her body find the correct position to sleep. She yawns as her eyes finally feel heavy, ‘ Mina… You just keep on surprising me…”

 

 

 

 

Momo stirs slightly as light hit her closed eyes, she turns to her side not wanting to wake up yet. But then she doesn’t feel her soft matters meet her body but rather the carpeted floor, “ UGH” Momo groans.

 

“ Who’s there?! I’m warning you I have a knife! “ Mina screams from the kitchen, Momo panics at what she hears, immediately standing up making her forehead hit the coffee table,“ .”

 

“ Momo?”

 

“ Oh my God, Momo are you okay?” Mina says worried eminent in her voice, putting her knife aside.

 

“ Yeah just a little…sore…” Momo grins at the latter while rubbing her swelling forehead.

 

Mina tenderly cups the older’s face and study’s her forehead worriedly, what she does next shocks both Momo and herself. But she closes her eyes as her lips stay on the sore forehead for a minute,“ Come on, let’s get ice on that forehead of yours.” She misses Momo’s flushed face as her eyes avoid the latter’s.

 

Momo silently sits while nursing cold compress to her forehead alleviating it’s soreness, “ You’re probably thinking why I was sleeping on your couch… “

 

Mina halts at her movement, “ I.. uh yes.. care to explain? “ she says more teasing than intimidating.

 

“ Well, I called Yerin yesterday. And she said that you weren’t feeling well and went home early, she added that you looked like you were in real pain so i got worried and rushed over here. “ there was a pause, and a deep breath before continuing, “ Then when I reached your doorstep I realized I had no key. But then I remembered you telling me that you keep a spare key under your door mat. So I took it and you were acting weird, but i stayed with you because I thought you might need someone with you last night. But then when I was about to leave you asked me to stay, that’s why I was sleeping on your couch. “ Momo rambles as her hands play with the cold compress at hand.

 

 

There was silence, before Mina clears . “ So uh… why’d you call Yerin yesterday? “

 

Momo looks up to see Mina’s back, as her face heat up. “ Uh… y-you didn’t text me yesterday and I-i got worried. And I was really looking forward to seeing you and taking you home and uh…” She rambles again, looking down on the table.

 

Momo hears the younger turn the stove off, soon after she sees plates of scrambled eggs on the table and feel a hand cup her chin lifting it up. Eyes, she freezes as brown familiar eyes stare at her own dark pools.

 

 

 

“ Is your forehead okay now? “

 

5 simple words, and Momo feels herself falling deeper.

 

“ Yes “ she answers dumbly, and Mina grins softly as she gently traces Momo’s forehead.

 

And Momo feels herself falling deeper, helplessly deeper.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

Hello fam~ here’s a new update ‘cause i wuv you all

Anyway i think my next update will be on the 25th? ‘cause i have a competition coming up and training is a .

 

Also i’m sorry this update is very short TT i’ll make it up to you guys on the next update

 

That’ll be all, see you guys

 

PS. Stream Likey!