Chanyeol is Insane

Forced to Date You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy did not want to get out of bed. She was just staring at the ceiling of her room, thinking of how much trouble she’ll be in a couple of days. She even made a list of people that would be affected by her callous mistake.

Chanyeol – Wendy really, really wanted to help him. He was being turned down for projects he deserved because of his reputation. It kind of upset her that Chanyeol suffered for mistakes he’d done in the past, when he’s been trying to be better now. If this will help him in any way, she’d do it in a heartbeat. Her members – This one, she felt extremely guilty of. They said they had no qualms about it, but who knows how crazy things could get? What if they also couldn’t get appearances from networks because they were afraid of retaliation? Her members didn’t deserve this. She prayed that it wouldn’t come to that. EXO members – Well, they were probably used to the dating scandals by now, but still. She knew that Chanyeol and the others were put in some pretty awkward situations when the Baekyeon and Kaistal dating news came out. They were her friends, too, so she still worried for them. Her fans – She liked to think that her fans were more open-minded than most, but who knows? What if they abandon her just like how Sunggyu did? They’ll be disappointed in her, especially when she’s always said that she never had a boyfriend (which she did to avoid any scandals and protect her fans’ feelings). What if they don’t stick around? They’ll probably find another singer to idolize, she thought. Her parents – This one she was nervous about. She never even told them about Sunggyu, afraid that she might disappoint them. She always had good grades, she achieved her dreams of becoming a singer, and she told them that she would stay focused: no romantic relationships whatsoever. Her parents were extremely strict and conservative, and she’s almost a hundred percent sure that they will be against any relationship. Granted, they like Chanyeol as her best friend, but this is a different matter altogether. Speaking of Chanyeol... Chanyeol’s family – She can’t believe she almost forgot. It’s not just her family that might be affected, but also Chanyeol’s. She loved, loved his family. They’ve treated her like a family member ever since she became best friends with Chanyeol. She didn’t want to disappoint them as much her own family. What will Chanyeol’s mother say? She saw how heartbroken Chanyeol’s mother was when he was sleeping around. Heck, Chanyeol’s mom was even disappointed in her (at least that’s what she thought it looked like) when she found out that Wendy was dating someone. What if she caused even more heartbreak for her? Will Chanyeol’s sister be mad at her, too?

She could even list down at least a five more people that will be affected by her actions – their manager, their guards –

Her train of thought was interrupted when someone knocked on the door.

Seulgi entered her room. “Hey, you haven’t made breakfast yet,” she said.

Wendy looked at the time. It was already ten in the morning!

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry, I was thinking—“ Wendy said, panicked.

“Wendy, calm down. We’ve got it. We know how to cook too! You should relax now, first of all,” Seulgi approached her and sat on Wendy’s bed. “Are you okay?”

Wendy nodded.

“Tell me the truth,” Seulgi was persistent. Wendy sat still. “I know you’re still worried. Worried about Chanyeol, about us. But please don’t mind the noise, please,” Seulgi said. “We’ll be here for you, okay? It’s okay.”

Wendy was tearing up. “It’s just... it’s... I mean, it’s impossible to get over Sunggyu in just a matter of days, no? And now...” Wendy was stuttering. Seulgi shushed Wendy and hugged her, patting her hair. “Please don’t hug me, I’ll cry even more—“

“It’s okay to cry,” Seulgi interrupted her. “First of all, we’re taking Sunggyu down, okay? Yeri and Joy already started spreading the news to their friends that Sunggyu’s a lying cheat. Don’t worry, they didn’t mention you. They have their ways, you know our evil maknaes,” Seulgi said.

“They didn’t have to do that—“ Wendy tried to say.

“Oh come on, we did. Women need to be warned, too. He deserved it. And no way in hell does he deserve you,” Seulgi said, holding Wendy’s shoulders. “Now chin up, and let’s have some breakfast!” Seulgi dragged Wendy by the arm, out of her room and into the dining area.

“Wait, where’s my phone?” Wendy just realized that her phone was missing. She always slept with her phone on, and it was not on her bed, nowhere in her room. She was trying to search the sofa, when Irene interrupted her.

“It’s with me,” she explained. “No looking at internet news today. I changed the password for everyone’s laptops, too. Only you don’t know them.”

Wendy was incredulous. “Uhm, why did you do this unni—“

“Because we know you’ll obsess over the comments. Now is not the time, okay? Now we eat. You can confront all of this later, when the news has mellowed out a bit,” Irene explained.

“So the news is out,” Wendy said, looking down on her feet.

“Yes, but we aren’t talking about that. Sit and eat!” Irene said.

“Yeah unni, I tried to cook. It might not be that good, though. Please spare me from the criticism,” Joy said, smiling sweetly.

Each member then sat down on their chairs then took a bite from Joy’s waffles.

“Joy, I think you need some more lessons from Wendy,” Seulgi said.

“THIS IS TOO SWEET oh my god?” Yeri complained. “DID YOU MIX THE SYRUP IN IT even the texture feels weird!”

“Don’t eat it then,” Joy answered back playfully. “Maybe Wendy unni does need to take time and teach me more.”

“You guys are being too obvious. You just want to distract me, don’t you?” Wendy said while smiling shyly. “You don’t have to worry about me, I promise. Irene, please give me my phone? What if my mom’s calling me? I promise I won’t read the comments.”

Irene knew Wendy would still read the comments, but Wendy wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted.

“Fine,” Irene surrendered. “I deleted all of Sunggyu’s pictures and his number, by the way. You’re welcome.”

“WHAT—“ Wendy tried to protest.

“You’ll thank us later for that, I swear,” Seulgi said.

“But—“

“The only but you need to think about, unni, is that he was a -hole,” Yeri said, laughing. Irene tried to hold her laughter in.

“Yeri-ah, you really need to stop it with the corny jokes,” Joy said, trying to control her laughter. Seulgi agreed, but she was laughing the loudest.

“When will we ever get to eat in peace...” Wendy wondered, smiling with her members.

After finishing their food, Wendy washed the dishes. Irene, Yeri, and Joy all had scheduled activities for the day, leaving Seulgi and Wendy alone in the apartment building. She was itching to read the news, but she was anxious all the same. She had to pour all her nervous energy into something productive instead.

Suddenly, Wendy’s phone buzzed in her pocket. It was a message from Chanyeol.

PCY: i think we need 2 meet and talk

Seungwanderer: is this really the best time the news just came out right

PCY: no we need 2 talk

Seungwanderer: cant u call

PCY: some things we have 2 discuss in person. r u sick of my face

Seungwanderer: always

PCY: im gorgeous tho

Seungwanderer: rl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter