You've Got Some Explaining to Do

Forced to Date You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only six in the morning, but Wendy was already wide awake. She still felt like after her breakup with Sunggyu, but she had to cook breakfast for her members, plus they had an early schedule for the day.

She washed her face and stared at her reflection. Her eyes were still puffy and red from all her crying from the day before. How could Chanyeol say that she looked beautiful? She wanted to believe him, but she thought that he was probably just fulfilling his best friend duties.

She tied her hair and got to work. She started mixing her own pancake batter and put it into a squeezable container. She drew pancakes of different shapes on the frying pan, flipped them carefully, and put them on the members’ favorite plates. She rushed to the other members’ rooms in the building and woke them up to have breakfast.

“Pancakes aren’t good if left cold!” she shouted at their doors.

Seulgi was the first to enter the dining area. She was still holding on to her head, trying to wake herself up, when she saw Wendy’s puffy eyes.

“Wendy-ah, what’s wrong with your eyes? They’re red and kinda swollen!” Seulgi worriedly held Wendy’s face with her two hands, trying to examine her eyes.

Wendy sighed. “I’ll explain when the other members get here.”

One by one, the other members entered the room, all feeling groggy and grumpy.

“These smell amazing,” Yeri exclaimed. “Thank you, Wendy!” Irene and Joy said.

“Wait a minute,” Joy remarked. “What’s wrong with your eyes? Unni you look like your eyes were bitten by a dozen insects,” She was staring at Wendy intently.

“I guess now’s the time to explain, Wendy,” Seulgi added.

Wendy let out a heavy sigh. “Please don’t wait for me to explain, eat up,” Wendy said. While the members were eating silently, Wendy was mentally preparing herself on how to explain what happened to the other members.

It is real. Sunggyu did break up with her. She wasn’t just having a nightmare. Sunggyu did cheat on her, broke up with her, made her feel worse, and she had to tell the members.

“Sunggyu broke up with me,” Wendy confessed, while staring blankly.

All four members paused from eating.

“Seungwan-ah, are you alright? What happened?” Irene asked. All four shared the same expression of concern on their faces.

“He was here yesterday, right? And he forgot to bring his phone with him when he left. Some girl kept on calling, and I tried to ignore it at first... then she sent a message, basically saying that they had a great night together and she wanted to see him again soon,” Wendy explained. The tears are no longer coming out – but Wendy thought that it was because she already let them all out the day before. She just felt numb.

The members’ faces showed shock, disgust, and anger.

“How dare he...” Irene said in a low voice.

“He doesn’t deserve you,” added Joy, who was also seething.

Seulgi sat up from her chair and went over to Wendy’s place to hug her.

“Are you okay?” Seulgi asked Wendy.

Wendy was touched by the members’ concern for her. She wished she thought the same way – that Sunggyu didn’t deserve her, or that she deserved someone better. But right now, all she could think of was how much she loved him – just for it to end up with Sunggyu cheating on her.

“Don’t worry guys, I’m okay,” Wendy tried to reassure them.

“Unni, is this one of those moments again where you say you’re okay, but we all know you’re not okay?” Yeri was still staring at her with a concerned look.

Wendy couldn’t answer. They knew her too well.

“Seungwan-ah, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter