five

otp = online typing pal?

sonderland: i had an essay due but i worked on my dark yemirin fic instead

sonderland: it took off on a slightly different direction than i intended but i rather like this new direction

sonderland: let me know what you think

 

nothing but the night (yejeong/mijin/seolrin, dark, r)

Everyone has a breaking point. What differs is the length of their fuse, in how long it takes before it burns out into the inevitable explosion. Mijin had never thought she would see one from Yejeong. She had also never thought that she could be genuinely afraid of Yejeong. All of that has changed.

“Mijinnie,” Yejeong murmured, almost fondly.

“U-unnie,” Mijin stammered. She tried very hard not to look at Seolrin, who was a pale, lifeless lump against the wall. It’s easier than it should have been, given that her eyes were very much fixated on the knife in Yejeong’s hand. “Y-you wanted to talk, right? Why don’t you put that down?”

Yejeong didn’t seem to hear her. “You know, I loved you. I gave you everything. After she”—she said this with a venomous glare in Seolrin’s direction, as if she were some kind of monster—“broke your heart, I comforted you. I took you in when you had nowhere to go, I took two weeks off work when I had never taken a sick day in my life, I took care of you. I didn’t even ask for anything in return. Just having you in my life was enough.”

“Yejeong unnie…” Mijin’s throat was thick. If she weren’t so overwhelmed with sheer terror, she would have been wracked with guilt.

“You promised to love me. You said that she”—a jab with the knife in Seolrin’s direction this time. It was clean, at least, with no signs of blood, the tiniest of comforts in a situation beyond comfort—“didn’t matter to you anymore. You said that you wanted a new life. One with me. You said that you loved me.”

“I did!” Mijin’s voice cracked. “I do.”

Yejeong slowly turned to look at her. Even though she had been talking to Mijin all along, her eyes had been distant, as if, like her mind, they were somewhere else, somewhere past the point of sanity. “You do?” she repeated mockingly. “Then why did I find you ing her in our bed?”

“I—” Mijin’s eyes darted frantically to Seolrin, who didn’t stir, who barely showed any signs of life other than her chest rising and falling faintly. At least she was still breathing. At least she was still alive. Mijin couldn’t see any blood or wounds on her, she didn’t know what Yejeong did to her, she didn’t know what she could do to help her.

“Even now, you still look at her the way you never looked at me.” Yejeong’s voice was soft now. Sad. Wistful. She didn’t sound like a maniac holding a knife, she sounded like herself. Like the girl who sang Mijin to sleep, who held her through her nightmares, who painstakingly mended her heart piece by piece only for Mijin to hand it back to the one who broke it.

“I’m sorry,” Mijin said thickly. “You have every right to hate me. I don’t deserve forgiveness from you. I don’t deserve anything.”

Yejeong walked toward her, each step painstakingly slow and measured. She brought Mijin’s head up with a gentle touch under her chin – not from her hand, but from the dull side of her knife. Mijin flinched at the kiss of the cold metal.

“Look at you,” Yejeong said quietly. “I never thought I’d see the day when you’d be afraid of me. I bet you didn’t either. I bet you didn’t think of this, didn’t think of me, when you were screaming her name in our bed.”

Mijin tried very hard not to shake, but her body betrayed her as she broke into shivers, goosebumps rising along her skin as Yejeong ran her free hand down her arm.

“So pretty,” she murmured, her pupils dilating as if the sight of Mijin cowering in fear was the most arousing thing she’d ever seen. Very carefully, as if she were an artist handling a paintbrush, she pressed down the tip of her knife to a spot right above Mijin’s elbow, just enough to draw a bead of blood. Mijin didn’t even make a sound, her voice having died. “I wonder, since you don’t seem to remember who you belong to, if you need a more…permanent reminder.”

Mijin couldn’t help it, she whimpered in fear at the thought of Yejeong carving something into her skin. When they made love before, Yejeong always liked to leave hickeys on her inner thighs, rake her nails down her back, leave marks that she was eager to replace as soon as they faded. Mijin had joked that maybe she should get a tattoo of Yejeong’s name on her body, but she had never imagined anything like this.

“Shh,” Yejeong crooned, Mijin’s cheek. Her fingertips came away wet, and only then did Mijin realize that there were tears in her eyes. “Don’t cry. I won’t hurt you. Not too badly, anyway.”

The softest of groans came from beside Mijin. Her heart leapt, but she didn’t dare look at Seolrin. She wished that Seolrin would stay unconscious. This is not a reality anyone would want to wake up to. Yejeong didn’t seem to notice the sound. At least, she didn’t show it, her eyes still locked on Mijin.

Mijin wet her lips, attempted to speak. “Please.”

Yejeong’s eyes had softened minutely at Mijin’s tears. “What?”

“Please – don’t hurt Seolrin. It’s not her fault. She didn’t know.”

It’s the wrong thing to say. Any softness that had been in Yejeong’s face disappeared, replaced with a dark, ugly sneer. Madness, of both the anger and insanity variety, had erased any hint of the girl that Mijin once knew, once loved.

“Even now, you only care about her.” Yejeong sounded like she was talking to herself. There was no sadness or wistfulness in her voice any longer, only rage and resentment. “Okay well, if you love her so much then why don’t you do her a favour?”

Yejeong pressed the knife into Mijin’s hand, who was so startled she almost dropped it. “Don’t get any ideas,” she warned. “I have a gun and a gun is always faster than a knife.” She nudged Mijin in the back, and Mijin was forced to approach Seolrin, who groaned again, her face twisting in pain even in unconsciousness.

Please be okay please be okay please be okay, Mijin chanted like a litany in her mind. There was the slightest chance that Yejeong would spare her, but she couldn’t see Yejeong showing mercy to Seolrin.

“I gave her a slow-acting poison,” Yejeong said conversationally, like she had offered Seolrin a cup of tea. “It’ll kill her painfully but not for a while yet. There’s no antidote, not one that you could get to her in time anyway.”

Mijin whirled on her and raised the knife on instinct. “You—”

Yejeong laughed at her. Actually laughed at her. “Are you going to stab me?” She sounded amused, but she had a gun in her hand now, the barrel loosely pointed toward the ground. “It doesn’t feel so good, does it, when you’re betrayed by someone you love.”

Mijin’s arm dropped.

“Then again, I’m not really betraying you, am I,” Yejeong said thoughtfully. “I don’t think this counts as an act of betrayal. Anyway, your precious Seolrin is suffering and it’s only going to get worse. I think I’m going to have some fun with her before the poison fully kicks in. Well, it’ll be fun for me anyway, not so much for her. Why don’t you put her out of her misery?”

“Y-you want me to—” Mijin looked between the knife she was holding and Yejeong and then Seolrin. At that moment, Seolrin’s eyes fluttered open. She saw Mijin in front of her and started to smile in relief, but then she caught sight of Yejeong hovering like a ghost behind her and the knife in her hand.

Yejeong raised the gun and pointed it directly at Seolrin. “Don’t worry, I won’t go for a lethal spot. This isn’t my only magazine either so we can keep playing for a while.”

Seolrin froze, her expression petrified, but Mijin could read her better than a book and could tell that the fear was not for her own life. Her eyes locked on Mijin’s and she mouthed a single word.

Run.

 

toujours_belle: YOU CAN’T JUST LEAVE IT HERE

toujours_belle: WHAT HAPPENED TO MIJIN

toujours_belle: WHAT HAPPENED TO SEOLRIN

toujours_belle: DID YEJEONG KILL ONE OR BOTH OF THEM DID SHE KILL HERSELF AFTERWARDS DID SHE BURN DOWN THE WHOLE PLACE

toujours_belle: okay i won’t be able to sleep tonight. i’m just going to be rolling around in bed thinking about yemirin

toujours_belle: well okay i do that all the time anyway but like. i need to know what happens. this is such a cruel cliffhanger but also the perfect stopping place. you sure know how to bait your readers

toujours_belle: OKAY THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

toujours_belle: I JUST KEYSMASHED SO HARD MY KEYBOARD CRASHED. DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID TO ME!??!?!

sonderland: lol don’t worry nobody dies. yet

toujours_belle: “yet.” you love this don’t you

sonderland: what’s this

toujours_belle: TORTURING PEOPLE. AKA ME

sonderland: well. yes. i’m a bit of a fic sadist, can’t deny it

toujours_belle: the twisted part is that i feel bad for yejeong. what mijin did to her was not cool

sonderland: yeah it wasn’t

toujours_belle: but like, is it terrible that i’m still rooting for mirin in this

sonderland: wow your bias is really showing

toujours_belle: but seolrin told mijin to run okay, like that was her primary concern, she wasn’t even scared she’d get gutted with a knife by her gf’s psycho ex

sonderland: pretty sure seolrin is technically the ex. and that she was scared of being gutted. who wouldn’t be scared of evisceration

toujours_belle: even that word is scary. evisceration. vivisection. a -tion ending has never sounded so dark and frightening

sonderland: attention. direction. fanfiction. are you terrified yet

toujours_belle: OMG FANFICTION MY ULTIMATE PHOBIA *hides behind desk*

sonderland: looool. i thought you were rolling around on your bed. you’ve relocated to a desk?

toujours_belle: maybe my bed has a built in desk. or vice versa

sonderland: you know my dream bed does have a desk. and a mini fridge. and a massager. and basically everything you could want so you’d never have to leave your bed

toujours_belle: is there a toilet too then?

sonderland: wtf no

toujours_belle: i’m just saying, how can you never leave your bed if you need to use the toilet? are you wearing an adult diaper? a chamber pot?

sonderland: …you just ruined a beautiful bed for me

toujours_belle: you ruined a beautiful night for me. i’m going to have nightmares now about a psycho knife wielding yejeong and mijin with bloody carved words all over her and seolrin possibly dying from poison

sonderland: that sounds like a great time. you’re welcome

toujours_belle: ><

sonderland: 8)

toujours_belle: okay but i really do have to go to sleep. good night!

sonderland: night, hope you dream of everything you just said

toujours_belle: you are pure evil

sonderland: i never denied it


A/N: The YeMiRin fic was somewhat inspired by this TaeNySic fic I once read on LJ. I'm pretty sure yuenyee92 wrote it, although they took down all their fics a long time ago so I can't check.