Anticipation

Dreams are for kids

After that day we barely talked. We couldn't look at each other anymore. Anticipation was killing me. I would text him but he would rarely reply. I just wanted to talk to him. So what we almost kissed? Had he never kissed a girl? Then I thought about it.

"I want to get this right."

With as much as he had thought about it it was all too possible that I could have been his first kiss. I want to scream and laugh at the same time. We finish our project and after that we hardly spend anytime together. In fact it goes on like that for almost 2 weeks. I want to say something but I don't want to say the wrong thing. I tell Namjoon about everything. He tells me Tae does this. He goes on these days where he doesn't say anything and he just shuts people out. But even I know that's a flat out lie. They all know something I don't

I continue to write songs. I spend most of my time in the music room just playing around with rhythm and finding notes that work. I actually create a piece that I fall in love with.

Dark circles under my eyes

Pills that keep going down

Burning petals and burning lies

And I keep going round and round

You run away from me when I need you most

So if this is the end

You can say goodbye to my ghost

I just need you

I just need you

You've been locked up

Torn up

And not saying a word

I just need you

I just need you

One day I'm playing it in the music room when Tae walks in. Just him. 

"Sorry i'll leave you alone."

"No your fine. Stay. Actually I want your opinion on this."

I begin to play it for him and he sits down. I see him take a special liking to it. He even begins to add a few notes. Eventually he starts to take over. He plays out this really beautiful melody that afterwards I can't get out of my head. When he finishes he just looks at me.

"I'm sorry for the past week or so. I've just been busy thinking."

I hang my head and nod.
"You're ok . We all get that way." 

He smiles. "I've missed talking to you. And seeing your face. And hearing your voice."

My face blushes bright red. I look at him and he moves closer. I just smile.

"I want to get this right."

I pull away. He looks at me.

"Something wrong?"

I shake my head. 

"No I just... I don't want to mess this up. I want to get this right."

He smiles realizing that I had remembered that. He nods.

"Ok we can do it right."

I smile. "Thank you Tae."

He nods. "anytime."

He puts his arms around me and hugs me. For a while. Something's wrong and I don't know what. I have to know eventually. I hope he will tell me. We walk out of the room together where the other 6 are waiting and I just laugh. 
"seems like you two made up." Yoongi says

I laugh. 

"I guess that means we can all return to normal again?"

Tae nods. "If we're what you call normal." 

These boys had no idea that what normal was then would not be normal now. We all knew that we were going to be friends for a long time. What we didn't know was the road that would take us through life together. But that sometimes would be a good thing. I just remember writing that song in that room and then hearing it sung by them later on. Different words same message. I need you. Little did we know we'd need each other that much.