We Won?

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

The sun slowly rise, shining through the dark sky. Bustling noises can be heard from the base since early in the morning, checking all the preparation that has been made the previous day. The atmosphere around them are mixed between excitement, firery passion, scared, tensed and eagerness. Everyone that will goes to the battlefield today already gathered in their assigned groups, trying to think a backup plan if things doesn't goes according to the original plan. The new recruits are being grouped with the combat team, some are being grouped with the defense team to strengthen the barriers.

Sirene Echoing

As the sirene echoing around the base, everyone get to their position, ready for order to go. The commanders move forward in front of their teams, Sunny set up a big screen for everyone can see and line it up with BoA whose still in the hospital. Everyone staring intentively to the screen. The new recruits staring at it with amazed look. "You're good to go BoA" Sunny said through the intercom to her

"Good morning everyone. I am General BoA speaking. I just want to give the last brief before I send you all off to the battlefield. As you may already learned that there is a new threat from the previous battle, anyone who encounter or has visual on it must report to HQ. Stay away from that creature, keep an eye on it until Lieutenant General Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived on the spot. Let them deal with the new threat, don't try to fight the new threat especially for the new recruits. Listen to what your team's captain said, stick to the plan that has been briefed yesterday. Due to my condition, I hereby assigned Sunny on the second command during the battle and Taeyeon as the third command on the field. I will still have visuals from here and monitored everything, so brace yourself. We can defeat Mort's army! We can win this battle! Be brave, fight hard, and come back home safely with pride! All soldiers, go!" 

A loud cheer can be heard echoing all over the base, another sirene echoing the base, signaling all the soldiers are allowed to launched themselves to the battlefield. On the front line, Taeyeon and Tiffany leading the way, wearing the link bracelet activated in mode 1. Sooyoung and Yuri right behind them along with the other soldiers.

"Sunny, I need visual, how far we are from the enemies?" Taeyeon asked through the intercom

"on it." Sunny's glowing seeds moving ahead from Taeyeon to find the dark creatures "700m from where you are, based on your speed and their speed, the first encounter will occurs in 1 minutes."

"got it. do you have visual of the new threat among them?"

"nothing so far, just the ordinary one but they gain in numbers quite a lot compare to the previous wave. Don't let your guard down."

"alright. All Soldiers! Prepared for impact in 1 minutes! Sooyoung, Yuri, get to your position! For Our People! Give your best! Stay aware with your surrounding!"

"Yes mam!" Everyone shout in unison

A loud howl and screams can be heard from distance, slowly a dark clouds approaching them. Red eyes staring at them in hunger to devour their flesh and magic. Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Tiffany launched their attack in unison as the front liners, demolished a great amount of dark creatures. The other soldiers started to move forward and killed one by one of the dark creatures. The dark creatures line of army shrunk just within minutes. Mort saw everything from his throne, he then signaled the 3 creatures that has been standing behind him all the time to make a move, he ordered them "kill their strongest first and you can easily demolished the rest. Leave no one alive." 

A 3 human shapped dark creatures bows and fly fast like a lighting to the battlefield. 

"TAEYEON! 3 DARK CREATURES MOVE VERY FAST HEADING TOWARDS YOU AND TIFFANY!" Sunny inform them via the intercom

"What?!! Damn it! How long?! From what direction?!" Taeyeon and Tiffany immediately take a defensive position, back to back, ready for impact

"3 minutes, northwest! Estimated impact radius from first contact 50m!" Sunny paused a bit before broadcasting the new command "Everyone listen! The new threat is coming, clear the area around Taeyeon and Tiffany for radius 500m now! Sooyoung and Yuri, lead the other soldiers, continue pushing them away!" Everyone immediately cleared up from Taeyeon and Tiffany's flying position, give them space they needed. Sooyoug and Yuri split up and moving forward to the rest of the dark creatures, continue killing them layer by layer. High tension filled the atmosphere, Sunny's seeds are moving in circle around them and also in a bigger circle of radius 500m for precaution. Taeyeon and Tiffany readied themselves as they hold unto their weapon tightly, Their eyes focused on the direction where Sunny informed them. They saw a tiny 3 dark dots heading their ways fast and not having a sign that they're going to stop until they crashed into them.

Taeyeon's POV

there are 3 of them. We must be able to defeat them all. I thought within myself before I can hear Tiffany's voice

"I can hear that Taetae.. our minds connected remember?" She gave me a chuckles

I smiled back to her before arranging strategy with her on how we're gonna deal with the 3 of them all at once inside our mind.

"Make a multiple layers of barriers to stop them first. Just like we did back then. But this time it has to be thicker and stronger."  Fany suggested using telepathically 

"We must always stick together and not be separated since they won in numbers from us. but we are stronger than them so we have to count every moves we made. Let's do our usual routine shall we?" I said to her through telephaty and smiled to her, she nodded at me.

I held out my hands as she also did the same, we create the barriers together through the link bracelets. A white wide barrier appears in front of us, we started to make layers of it. I can feel Tiffany's power flowing through my magic circuit and it is strong defensive magic. We manage to make 12 layers of barrier to hopefully can take the impact of the 3 creature's speed. We also readied our own weapons to launch a quick attack just in case the barrier broke and the creatures still flying fast towards the city.

The 3 creatures hit our first layer of barriers, damn they're strong. We both grunts and moved backward a bit trying to make them stop. We expand our wings and push forward, the 3 creatures began to slowdown as they started to destroy one by one of our barriers until 2 layers left, we can do this. I can see the red eyes, filled with evilness and hunger for more magic power. They finally stopped right before they destroyed our last barrier, silence filled the atmosphere around us. I readied my sword as Fany also readied her gun. We quickly launched our first attack towards them,

"LIGHTING STRIKE!" "CRESCENT!" we scream in unison as we take down our barrier to attack. 

Author's POV

A powerful blow came from Taeyeon and Tiffany. More powerful then it used to be as they combined both of their magic cores. The attack pierced through one of the creature off guard, breaking its armor, exposing its core for a brief seconds before it regenerate its armor back again. The other two teleports to other side to avoid direct contact with the first attack. They quickly launched themselves, raising their claws to attack on Taeyeon and Tiffany. Tiffany quickly put up a barrier, defending Taeyeon and herself. Taeyeon swings her sword making a huge slash to attack them. The pace of the battle is rising as the creatures moves quickly to launched their attack against Taeyeon and Tiffany. The two girls moved in sync switch up between making barriers and attack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter