Last Training

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-2 before the invasion

Author's POV

A tension started to build up within the atmosphere around the base as the day of the invasion is coming soon. The generals have held several meetings to discuss about the strategy over and over again. BoA in particular have emphasize the changes that Mort has offered to her and she would accept that in order to make the casualties as minimum as possible but she also keep warning all the generals to stay in guard because Mort must've something in his sleves that makes him challenged her for a duel. They're busy making backup plans and also to prepare for the worst that could possibly happen. Everyone seems anxious whether the plan will succed or not. If it is failed, it could be their greatest lost ever. They could potentialy lose some of their best soldiers that would defend the city while the rest of the people evacuating miles away from there to avoid Mort's attack and to buy time before he can launch another attack on them. BoA is getting better in controling her new power and she can already be able to fight smoothly like she used to be with the help of Dr Jung's medication along the way. The new kids are almost ready to mastered the weapon with the help of Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, and Hyoyeon. They gathered in the open training ground as Taeyeon setting up a simulation of the upcoming battle. A clear glass like box covering the training ground area, acting as a protective barrier just in case there is any shoot or attack that goes beyond the training area, a simulation started to formed, a forest that covered in black fog. They're all standing in an open area in the middle of the forest while Taeyeon finishing up the whole training ground images. The new kids gone into their alert mode, ready to defend themselves just in case the instructors will suddenly attack them or something.

"Alright everyone. Today we're going to train a bit differently. Remember our first meeting? Prepare your weapons now, we will be your enemies. Try to defeat us." Taeyeon said, going on to her battle mode along with Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon. All bracelets on, the instructors heading to the deepest part of the simulated forest, with the thickest black fog.

3

2

1

START!

A loud sirene can be heard marking the start of the mock battle. Waves of dark creatures can be seen coming towards the students as a dark clouds follow up above, a loud howls and growls can be heard from the waves of dark creatures. The students are in their battle mode with their bracelets on. It was a silent agreement between all of them to make Seohyun and Yoona their commander in charge since they're the most experienced one to deal with the instructors. "All shooters, formation 1 now! Prepare your weapons. Shoot on my mark! Kill as many as you can! Melee fighters, prepare barriers and readied your weapon in front of the shooters!" Seohyun yelled in command and everyone doing exactly like Seohyun told them to "as soon as the battle become a close combat, just focusing on heading north we will meet up there to face the instructors. Don't get killed, stay safe and charge your weapon!"

The waves are getting closer and Seohyun yelled out loud "NOW!" A line of magic bullets and arrows formed in front of all of them, demolishing 1/4 of the dark creatures squad. The dark creatures are pissed and they are moving faster than before with a louder growl. "AGAIN!" All of the shooter release their bullets and arrows from their weapon and wipe out another 1/4 of the enemy line. The waves are 300m away from them, Yoona then yelled out loud "all melee, get ready! Shooters, strengthen the barriers! On my mark!" The enemy is getting closer and closer, they all can see the dark creatures' red eyes glowing, craving for their magic cores but the soldiers showing no fears against the threatening creatures. "NOW!" Yoona yelled and launched her attack along with the other soldiers. They wipe out the dark creatures until all of them almost gone. "Spread out and kill the rest of the dark creatures, we're heading north!" The soldiers immediately spread out and kill every one of the dark creatures before being alarmed by the 4 figures flying fast like a bullet towards them and it doesn't show any sign of stopping. Seohyun and Yoona immediately fly up above aligned with the 4 figures.

"Everyone! Formation 2!" Everyone quickly fly up above to formed a triangular formation with Seohyun and Yoona as the center of the triangle "barriers ready! Shooters get ready!" Seohyun yelled as she charged her weapon getting ready to shoot the 4 figures that flying like a speed of the bullet towards them "NOW!" every shooter focusing shooting on the 4 figures, two of them fly forward and prepare their weapons. The bullets from the students instantly dispersed to the thin air as the two teachers demolished it easily. The teachers are not holding back, they are in fact getting more excited than the usual. Sunny prepared her seeds, ready to shoot beams to them as well as Tiffany readied her guns for multiple shooting to boost Sunny's beam. Without saying a word, the duo launched their attack and hit the student's barriers hard, half of them started to cracked and broken, eliminating whoever behind the barriers. The half eliminated students thrown away for a quite good distance and harshly, Sunny send her seeds to assist them, sending them to the safe point where they can watch the match while trying to recover from their injuries.

"Taeyeon-ah! It's good to be able to fight alongside with you again! I've missed this adrenaline rushed all over my body!" Hyoyeon said while charging her sword as it glows bright green, her eyes showing so much excitement. "Same goes to you Hyo! Let's try our old moves shall we?" Taeyeon asked, earning an agreement from the rest of them, smiled can be seen from their face as they enjoyed the fight, they really do. The students trying to hold up and strengthen their barriers as the teachers are getting closer. "They have to be separated. They're way too strong together Seohyun-ah." Gain said "But we will be weaker if we spread out." Jokwoon added "what is your plan leader?" Everyone look at Seohyun and Yoona as they tried their best to hold up their defense for the upcoming attack. "Divide the team into two. All soldiers with defense advantage, gather with me, offense with Yoona. I have an idea." Seohyun said and the rest of the soldiers followed Seohyun's command. She discussed the strategy quickly in her mind with Yoona while the 4 figures getting closer and closer. 

"Defense team, make a ball formation, projects your strongest barriers so there is no gap that they can penetrate to disperse us." Seohyun instructs and the soldiers immediately formed a ball formation, deploying their barrier around all of them, making them looks like a giant ball of barrier. The teachers slowing down their moves and started to think what the students trying to do, they stopped their track a few meters from the giant ball to observe. "Hmm interesting." Sunny said while observing the behavior of the students "I will scout them first, hold your horses Tae and Hyo" Sunny send her seeds to go ahead first to scout on the students. The seeds moving in circular pattern surrounding all over the giant ball of barriers, making the students feels a bit uneasy about it. They knew that those small seeds can shoot their barriers and break them apart easily.

"Try to shoot it lightly. Analyze how strong the barriers are holding up and if there is any gap we can penetrate in to finish them all" Taeyeon said while holding her sword firmly, looking at the giant ball in front of them. "Alright then" Sunny prepared a few screens to monitor the attack she is going to launch towards the students. "Amber, channel your mirroring abilities to the defense team, reflected their attack through the barriers" Yoona instruct, Amber quickly do it just in time as Sunny shoot the barriers and the beam being reflected to a different directions, making a few holes in the simulated forest, some of them also hit the protective barrier that surrounding the training ground, some of them are going towards the teachers. Sunny easily dispersed her own beams before it manage to hit them, a smirk can be seen on her face as she found it really interesting on how they're hold up against the attack.

"Interesting move. They're getting better in working as a team. Okay, do you want us to end it quickly or do you want to play around first?" Sunny asked as she finished analyzing everything "they have a weaker barrier here, here and here. They're basically dividing the team into two, offense and defense. Seohyun in charge of the defense team, Yoona in charge in the offense team. They might have some sort of trick that they will put together to attack us. Based on my prediction, they're trying to separate us so they can attack us better. Another possibilities, they are going to collect all of their resources and put it all in a single attack that will give us a quite damage, enough to be considered as eliminated by the system. All they need is only the right moment." Sunny explained as she showed the team on where are the weak spots and everything else that she have found. "I agree with that. Well I am quite curious on what they will do though. Let's push them a bit harder." Taeyeon grins "Hyo, let's try our old moves. Double swords?" Taeyeon raised one of her eyebrows to Hyoyeon, holding up her sword to her waist level. "Sure! Please back us up" Hyo said excitedly, charging her weapon. "We always do that aren't we? Don't worry. We'll be there for both of you when you're troubled." Tiffany said while winking on them, making her gun in ready to shoot position towards the giant ball of barriers.

"Let's move!" Taeyeon and Hyoyeon dashed quickly towards the giant ball, Sunny and Tiffany flying steadily 10 meters away from the other two, allowing Hyo and Tae to do their movements freely as they stand on guard to back them up anytime they needed. Hyo and Tae held out their weapon as they fly quickly in spiral, slowly become one as the combined their attack together. It started to formed into a drill like concentrated magic. Upon seeing this, Seohyun becoming more alarmed than before, her eyes widened, her brain started to think of how to avoid the strong attack.

"Everyone on my mark, avoid getting hit by them. Make a way so they can passed through us, avoid on getting hit, that attack is way stronger than our barriers. Here they come. NOW!" Seohyun yelled and everyone making a way so Hyoyeon and Taeyeon can get through, making the hole in the middle as a passage so they don't have to waste their limited energy trying to hold the barrier against the attack. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon separated and fly side by side, a smiled formed on their face. "Cool! Can we play a little bit longer with them?" Both of them asked their respective partner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter