Training

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

The sun not yet rising and the beach already become a noisy place. 15 pairs of soldiers standing at the appointed place, waiting for their instructor to arrive. They tried to warm their bodies with their breath or by hugging their partners. They're also started to talk to each others in the group, trying to build a communication among them all. Suddenly a wind blows from above them strongly, they looked up only to find two person flying above them with their wide wings gracefully before slowly descend to the ground in front of them smoothly. The soldiers immediately standing in two lines formation.

"Good morning everyone. Thank you for coming here on time, how is your current status?" Taeyeon checked on her device and see their medical report from yesterday. "Okay, all good here. Let's start the training! Everyone carried their weapon?"

"SIR YES SIR!" They yelled and salutes

"Alright, good then." Taeyeon distributed a black patches that has a small square components within "put that patch on your back and both of your feet." Everyone do as they being told to do "Tiffany, you know what to do next." Taeyeon smiled and put her weapon on her back securely while Tiffany adjusting things on her device. The patches suddenly glows and Tiffany click the activate button. Everyone were startled by the sudden weight they feel on their back and feet, some of them almost lost their balance if they're not holding to their comrades that is standing next to them.

"That patches are weight patches. I have adjusted it with the weight of your own weapon that you carried with you, so everyone have an equal weight to bring with them." Tiffany said while giving her famous eyesmile "we will have a warming up run from here to that tiny looking dock over there. Approximately 10km from here I think? Right Tae?" Taeyeon nods and smile "And to make it even, we will also run with you, with our weapon as well. We don't have to wear that patch though." Taeyeon let out a small chuckles as she sneak her arm around Tiffany's waist. The soldiers groans in disappointment "if you want us to wear those patches with the same weight as yours, be my guest to bring our weapons. Anyone wants to try?" Taeyeon challenged them as she gave teasing smirks.

"I want to try!" One of the tallest soldier raised his hand, he is one of the strongest soldier there. Everyone clapping their hands and supporting the soldier as the soldiers feels confident that he will be able to do it. Taeyeon hold her sword with one hand, waiting for the soldier to arrive in front of her. The soldier open one of his palm to receive Taeyeon's weapon on his hand. "One hand huh? Alright. Don't blame me if you twist your arm or broke your fingers." Taeyeon said and dropped her weapon to the soldier's hand. The weight of her sword pulled the soldier straight to the ground with a loud thud. He grunts as he tried to lift the sword with his two hands but cannot manage to do it. "I'll give you 30 more seconds to try to lift your arm, lift my sword and handed it back to me. If you can do that, I will wear those patches with twice weight that you all have to carry now." Taeyeon tried to give him more encouragement. Everyone is cheering for him, adrenaline rushed over him as he tried to lift the sword. He gather all his strength on his arm and he yelled with all his might while trying to lift it up, only manage to lift about 10 cm from the ground. "Okay your time is up! Nice try, keep up the good work and more trainings. You might be able to lift this someday." He let go of the sword handle, Taeyeon lift her weapon with her feet and throw it to her hand with ease as if it was nothing. The soldier grumpily back to the line and questioning why he can't lift that weapon that looks like it is very light. "Anyone else? You can also try Tiffany's weapon" a gun holder soldier then raised her hand "I want to try to lift Lieutenant General Tiffany's gun!" Tiffany chuckles a bit before grabbing her gun from her back, she then put her gun on her palm and the handle facing the other side so the soldier can grab it. The soldier take a deep breath, grabbing the handle of the gun with both hands and Tiffany take her palm away. The soldier were basically fell down to the ground along with the gun, a louder loud thud can be heard than before. She tried to lift the gun only to find it is a futile effort. She then take her hands up surrender as she rubbed her palms in pain. Tiffany then grab her weapon with her finger in the fingerhole with ease as she perform a few tricks with her gun before she put it back to the place and let out a small laughs.

"Nice spirit everyone! I guess no one wants to try again huh? Alright then! Let's go!" Tiffany claps her hands happily but everyone still confused and feel they've been tricked by them. "Awh come on ~ the sun started to rise already. If you feel that we put some sort of trick on our weapon, you may check our profile. It is not a classified data anyways. Let's go!" Tiffany and Taeyeon started to run with their weapon on their back while the soldiers checking on the data only to find the real weight of the weapons they bring. Their jaw dropped, wondering how can the elites bring that with them all the time without showing it is a big deal, they recheck it all over again and started to fall behind from the two elites. Taeyeon and Tiffany yelled "anyone that left behind us for more than 10 meters will get score penalty. Better keep up with us!" Everyone started to run quickly to keep up with the two elites. They can't take their eyes away from Taeyeon and Tiffany's weapon, wondering what kind of training they have been doing to make them so strong. 

After running for a while on the sand with added weight on their back and feet, the soldiers started to running out of breath while Tiffany and Taeyeon still cassually run and talk to each other without showing any sign of tiredness. They look to the back and asked them "you guys tired?" The soldiers trying to keep their face straight and catches breath as much as they can, sweats already makes their training uniform got wet "No sir!" Everyone yelled in unison, while started gasping "Alright then. Let's increase our speed shall we? We're almost there anyways. Just 3 more km." Taeyeon and Tiffany increase their speed a little bit."Sir yes sir" everyone gasping for air and trying to run faster. "Let me tell you this, on the last 500m, let's have a race. Anyone who can reach the destination faster than us will be awarded 100 points, the award will also applied with their partner. If the pair are faster than two of us, we will give 200 points for each one of them. We will also give you a 30 seconds headstart. Sounds good?" Tiffany asked, trying to cheer them up while turning her head a bit to face them, she flashes her famous eyesmiles, Taeyeon turned her head and gave them a wink as approval. "Sir yes sir!" Everyone suddenly back in the mood and started to run well

"That's a good one." Taeyeon whisper and smile to Tiffany as Taeyeon leaning closer to Tiffany's ears, she also stole a peck that makes Tiffany blushed. "we might be losing them tho. We don't know what they're capable of." Taeyeon said in acknowledgement as she saw her device that shown a monitor for the kids' heartbeat rate. "It's a good thing right? Means they have something that is better than us?" Tiffany said happily like a proud mom. "Well yeah. But I don't like losing so I will still take the challenge seriously." Taeyeon chuckles as she intertwined her hands with Tiffany, they runs casually "Do you think I will purposely lose myself to them? Hell no! I like winning too. Only between us, loser has to pay for weapon enhancement of the winner?" Tiffany asked while circling her arms around Taeyeon's arm. Taeyeon answer excitedly "Deal!"  Tiffany laughs and they both continue runs with the soldiers till only 500 meters left. Taeyeon and Tiffany stopped and turn around to face the soldiers that is still 5 meters away from them, gasping for air. "Come on hurry up! I will only give you 5 minutes to rest before we start the race!" Taeyeon yelled. Everyone slumps themselves on the sand, trying to catches breath. Taeyeon open her device and called Seohyun and Yoona, she asked them to come quickly with bottles of water, she also asked them to be a jury for the race, they gladly obliged.

2 minutes later, Seohyun and Yoona came with bottles of water, distributed it to the new soldiers and come to hug Taeyeon and Tiffany. Everyone was too tired to recognize the one who bring the water for them. They can only say thank you."You really know how to torture your students eh?" Yoona asked while looking at the exhausted soldiers, some of them already laying themselves down, some of them sitting weakly while wiping their sweats. "I'm not torturing them, I am training them. They have to be able to move faster. They're too slow. We will have a big fight right? I have to prepare them well. Look at you two, aren't you grateful to be our pupil back then?" Taeyeon defend herself as she raised one of her eyebrows while hugging her Tiffany like a koala. "Yeah right." Seohyun rolled her eyes and she handed the bottle to Taeyeon.

"Alright everyone! Your time is up! Make a long line so we can be running at the same time with the same length" everyone moved their feet and started to form a straight line formation. Seohyun holding her archer, ready to shoot a customized arrow that equiped with whistle as a starting mark. Yoona already standing at the finish line, waiting with a slow motion camera. "i am ready here!" Yoona shouted from afar while waving her sychte.

"Everyone is ready?" The soldiers are eager to win the race. They're getting ready, their heart beats are getting faster as they prepared themselves to run.

"On your mark. 3.2.1. GO!" seohyun's arrow flying highly up above the sky. All soldiers are running the fastest they can. Taeyeon and Tiffany can't wait to run as well. Adrenalines pumped in their bodies, they start tapping their feet impatiently, waiting for the 30 seconds to passed. One of them running quite fast, she is just 300 meters away from the finish line, Taeyeon and Tiffany's eyes focused on the finish line as they both are determined to win the race more than ever. "Okay the 30 seconds is up! You may run now!" Seohyun yelled excitedly. She spread her wings to fly to Yoona's place. A huge sand dune was formed by the two elites standing point as they dashed qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter