New Recruits

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

It has been years that humans trying to stay alive, fighting the dark creatures of Mort that came by every now and then. The best scientist and engineers gathered around to find out a way to make a greater blast through a weapon, utilizing the human's magic core. One scientist came up with an idea of combining two person magic cores to be channeled in one weapon so they can fire it together for a greater result. Since the others are desperate of finding more effective ways to kill the dark creatures that keeps on coming, they agreed to go with that hypothesis. The military lose so many soldiers so they have to keep up with it, they started to force young man and woman who has potential to become a great soldier, Taeyeon and Tiffany are one of the best female soldiers they have.

Taeyeon and Tiffany are well known of their teamwork as if they can communicate telepathically through every battle. They have each others back, Tiffany mainly covers for Taeyeon while Taeyeon marched to slay those dark creatures. Perfect combination between defense and offense. The general put them in charge to train the new recruits so the new recruits can participate in the other battle next week, according to the prediction of incoming attack.

It was just another morning where the new recruits just arrived at the base, Taeyeon and Tiffany still sleeping on their bed since they burnt out their magic power to strengthen the barrier. Both of them are exhausted, they supposedly can take a little break but since the incoming attack is within 2 weeks and it is predicted to have quite large amount of dark creatures, they have to train the new recruits as quickly as possible so they can be ,hopefully, ready in 2 weeks.

Tiffany's POV

I'm exhausted. My magic core hasn't fully recovered after yesterday's barrier charge. I just want to sleep more so I can recovered quickly. I bet Taeyeon is also exhausted since she pushed herself to the limit until she fainted on the spot and has to be carried here. I turned around to look at her and caress her hair gently, she looks like an angel when she is sleeping. I unconsciously smile and let her sleep for another few minutes until our peaceful moment being disturbed by a certain noises from the phone.

Beep beep 

Incoming call - General BoA

I drag myself to the bedpost to answer the call from BoA, a small projected screen appears from the phone, I can see her face from this video call as she can also see ours.

"Good morning ladies. How's ur sleep? I hope you're already recovered from yesterday's work especially Taeyeon."

"Good morning General. I am well aware we're not fully recovered especially Taeyeon. Can we get a permission to skip the morning training session and just do the afternoon one?" Taeyeon slowly slide her hands under the blanket to back hugging me before burying her head on my back

"hmmm.. I love you.." she murmurs on my back, making me blushing hard and I can hear BoA's laugh

"Yah! you guys, seriously tho. get a room!" she was trying to control her laughs

"we are in our own room tho! you're the one who called us GENERAL"

"right right. ahem.. anyways, regarding your request, my answer would be no you can't. You have to attend the morning session also the afternoon session. Those new recruits need to see the great TaeNy, our best Lieutenant General so they can see how great our military now."

"oh please. They can see how we fight through the military archive. so there is no point for us showing off. beside, like I said before, my magic core still not fully recovered, so does Taeyeon."

"hmm.. mine already almost fully recovered hmm..." Taeyeon murmurs again, I slap her hand gently in protest. She is definitely not 'almost fully recovered'

"okay! it is settled then, Taeyeon said she is almost fully recovered, so both of you get up now. new recruits will arrive within 15 minutes on the main training ground. Make sure you bring your weapon as well. I will be there too. and please do make sure Taeyeon wont flirt with you during the mock battle since the new recruits knows nothing about both of you like we all did here in this base." BoA said with her stern voice while her index finger pointing out

"hmm.. now that I cannot promise you.. Tiffany is way too beautiful, BoA-ssi.." she peeked from behind my shoulder to give a grins with her half awake face, kissing my shoulder gently

"ahem.. just make sure don't do it too much.. I will be heading first, both of you hurry up and get dressed. if both of you coming down late, I will make sure you'll be charging those barrier again on the next day. General BoA signing out."

"Yah----" I was about to protest but she already cut her phone call. I sighed before turning around, only to find Taeyeon already fall asleep again "Taetaeee~~ wake up! hurry up! we need to go down before we're late. I don't want to deal with those barrier again tomorrow. it my energy in a minute and I don't like feeling weak. cmon! hurry up!!" I tried to push her from the bed but ended up trapped under strong arms. She opened her eyes slowly and gives me a smile before kissing my lips then my forehead.

"I know. let's kick BoA's if she put us on that charging station again tomorrow. let's show the new recruits how teamwork truly meant" She jumped off the bed, changes her clothes and put her coat on. She still look a bit pale to me that makes me worried that she will overtire herself with today's training session. she looked into my eyes and smile "don't worry pany-ah. I wont overworked myself. we will just show them some easy trick that will still awe them anyways." I give her my eyesmile before changing my own clothes and wear my coat. Grabbing my weapon, moonlight. Taeyeon grab hers, starlight. She walked to the door and waited for me.

I hugged her and lean my head on her chest, listening to her soothing steady heartbeat that I love so much. She caress my hair gently before whispering "I love you Tiffany. I will never let anything bad happen to you, in every battle we have ahead, I will always be there for you." I smiled and give her a nods. we hugged for a few moments before Taeyeon break the hug, staring me intensively and lean closer, making me blushing hard, she leaned her lips near my ear and whisper "we only have 5 minutes to go down to the training ground. I think we should be hurry now" she teasingly my earlobe before running fast to the training ground

"Yah! Kim Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter