Ambush

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Loud Continuous Sirene Echoing

The night sky turned slightly red and orange due to the blazing fire from the base. Everyone is trying their best to protect the base, the new recruits are helping everyone that is not a weapon holder to be evacuated. The elites are trying their best to buy time for the new recruits to finished the evacuation, some of the soldiers are protecting the barriers. Chaos can be seen all around the base, Hyoyeon and Sunny killed every creatures that goes near the evacuation route as they wore the link bracelet to strengthen their attack. BoA is forced to use her dragon's eyes along with her weapon, she has been using it for more than 15 minutes. BoA helped the soldiers to protect the barriers, Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, and Yoona trying to suppress the dark creatures' wave from the where they came for but it just wont stop. They started to get overwhelmed, their respective teams are getting weaker and some of them already need to be evacuated from the site as well.

"The evacuation is almost complete! please hold it for a bit!" Sunny informed, she send all of her seeds to assist each one of the elites

"HQ! We are here!!" another voice come to interrupt Sunny's broadcast, two familiar figure arrived in front of Sunny and Hyoyeon, wearing the ear peace that is already set at the same frequency as their communication line. "TAEYEON!! TIFFANY!! You're here!!" everyone said in unison through the intercom "how's the vacation?" Yuri asked in between her panting while shooting multiple dark creatures at the same time."need a little help here!!! let's talk about the vacation thingy later when we're done with these damned creatures!" a grunt from BoA's mouth can be heard as she killed most of the dark creatures that come nearby the barrier post. Tiffany and Taeyeon immediately rushed towards BoA to assist her killing those dark creatures but they cannot go all out yet since the evacuation is not yet complete

"EVACUATION COMPLETE! We can fight freely now!" Hyoyeon said through the intercom as she held her weapon tighter, the fire on her sword is blazing brighter than before, indicating that she's going all out from now on.

"Nice! I've been waiting for this moment" Everyone's attack speed and range raised rapidly as they can finally fight without worries that they would kill the non-weapon holder in the facility. The waves started to slow down and the dark creatures numbers diminished greatly. Waves of waves of attacks and moves being launched by each of the soldiers but the dark creatures doesn't seems to stop from coming. A loud explosions can be heard, making another hole on the airbase. Another waves of dark creatures started to crawl out from the new hole. Taeyeon and Tiffany swiftly fly to the new hole and start to demolished them line by line. A grunt can be heard coming out from the soldiers' mouth as some of them started to lose their magic and have to be escorted to the evacuation room.

Hyoyeon burnt almost the whole tunnel that the dark creature's created with her blazing green fire that can last for few seconds but the dark creatures seems to have a skill of multiplying themselves inside that tunnel because they're endlessly just keep coming. Sunny deploys her seeds all around the area and shoot a laser to kill as many dark creatures as she can get in one shot. Sooyoung swings her lance in circular motion like a chopper blade that eliminate every dark creatures on her path when she storm herself forward. Yuri changed her gun into burst mode to shoot multiple bullets at one time and kill multiple dark creatures at the same time. Seohyun shoots her arrows as well as testing her newly invented moves, she control the arrow's movements with her mind and the arrow pierced through every dark creature's core in a split seconds. Yoona with her huge scythe reaping all of those creature's life that makes her scythe goes brighter by the time it reaps the dark creature's core, as her sycthe already fully filled with the energy she reaped, she stand firm and swings her scythe in horizontal line, creating a visible laser like line that cutting every single dark creatures it passed into half. Taeyeon gracefully swings her blue sword as she moves like a bullet, eliminating all of her opponent inside the tunnel before she gets out again, trying to rest for a bit while taking turns with Tiffany that has been charging her gun when Taeyeon eliminate the dark creatures within the tunnel. As more dark creatures are visible marching towards them and wanting to get out from the tunnel to attack them, Tiffany shoot her concentrated huge magic bullet as a size of the tunnel itself and the shoot can be seen making through its way to the other end of the tunnel which is about 7km away from them, that one tunnel is clear for a while before they can hear the marching dark creatures started to run from the other end and making its way back to the base.

40 minutes after the first explosion

An annoyed groans came out from all of the elites, half of their respective teams already being called off from the field due to injuries they received. Some of the soldiers body already laying lifelessly on the ground with blood splattered from their bodies, some of them also already being splitted into half by the dark creatures. BoA started to get weaker as her time almost up, her wings slowly fade. She saw there are still lots amount of dark creatures roaming around, she saw the soldiers and the elites started to slowing down as their magic getting diminished by the time being. The elites' wings started to shrink as they concentrated their magic for attacking and defending purpose. The other elites already performed most of their moves except for their trump card because they felt the situation is not yet called for it. BoA then thought she would use one of her move to end the battle as soon as possible while she still have time left.

"Everyone! Gather behind me!" BoA ordered through the intercom, everyone are gathering behind BoA. "All of the elites, deploy your strongest barrier for the rest of the soldiers. I'm going to use my chance to end this battle once for all." they're debating within themselves as they're worried with BoA's condition and her words, they're afraid that BoA will use her trump card "I'm not going to use my trump card, don't worry." BoA smiled, the elites deploy their strongest barrier to protect everyone just in case the attack accidentally hit the place where they stand

"BLOOD RAIN!" BoA raised her sword up high as a red lightning strike the sky from BoA's sword. slowly a sharp red droplets coming down from the skies like a raindrops of blood, stabbing every dark creatures left above the ground. The last of the dark creatures came out from the hole and being killed by BoA's blood rain. Slowly the skies cleared up and the moonlight started to shine above them. BoA collapsed on the ground as soon as the blood rain stopped. Her eyes instantly changed into her normal brown orbs and she dropped her weapon. She held her chest screaming in pain and coughs black blood before she got unconscious.

"Sunny, any dark creatures left?" Tiffany asked as she lift BoA from the ground. Sunny scanned thoroughly to find any sign of dark creatures. She exhale and shake her head. A loud cheer can be heard from the rest of the soldiers as they won the unexpected battle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter