Chapter 9

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Min’s pov

I went back to the work. Nana was surprised to see me but she was happy I was back. She asked me what happened but I couldn’t even tell her the truth so I lied that I was ill.

I was behind the counter when a customer came.

“Dark coffee, please,” she said and made the coffee.

“Thank you! Have a nice day!” I said when she was leaving and looked in her eyes that were hiding under the hat all the time. She looked at me too and even though it was only for one second, I knew right away who it was. Nurse…

I wanted to call her back but what would I say? I watched her leaving and gritted my teeth.

Few minutes later, TV caught my attention. I stopped breathing.

“Breaking news. It seems Exo’s Kai has been in relationship with fan. According to our source, they were seeing each other for almost a year and this time was full of dates in restaurants, walks and more. It seems like the pair was also spending their nights together…”

I felt dizzy. My heart was beating fast and I was losing the strength in my legs.

“What? What is this? Who is she?” I heard customers.

“Hey! Isn’t it that girl behind the counter?”

“Yes! I think it’s her!”

“Hey! Who do you think you are?! How dare you?! With Kai?”

People were gathering around, pointing and shouting at me. Their voices were disappearing in the distance, my sight was blank and then everything was quiet and dark.

 

Kai’s pov

We had a break during photoshoot. I was checking my phone. No missed calls, no messages. I sight. Should I call her first? It’s been days since we last saw each other…

“Jongin, the news…” said Chanyeol and pointed at his phone. I came closer and so did boys.

We watched it quietly. I was filled with anger. I was preparing for it, but it still shocked me. I was angry, hurt and sad. They looked at me after the reportage finished. My mind was blank. I didn’t think twice about what to do. I saw manager’s car key on the table, so I took it run off. They were shouting after me but I didn’t care. I got in the car and drove off. I tried to call Jae Min but she wasn’t answering.

I called to the building where she was living and asked if she was there.

“No, sir. She left this morning and hasn’t come back yet.”

“Okay, thank you,” I said and hang up. “Where can she be? Don’t tell me she went to the… Goodness!”

I drove even faster and stopped near the café. People were standing around, looking inside. No!

I wanted to run in but someone stopped me before I was exposed and drag me to the back of the van I was driving.

“Are you crazy?!” shouted manager, who probably followed me in another car. “You totally lost it! Do you want to go there and get yourself into even bigger trouble?”

“I have to get her out of there!”

“You can’t! You have to think about you first!”

“But--!”

“Look, someone’s taking care of her already, so calm down.”

I turned around and looked out of the window. “Jae Min,” I whispered when I saw her being carried by other man. She looked really weak, I couldn’t tell if she was conscious or not. I gritted my teeth when I recognized that guy. “Therapist,” I said and manager started the engine.

“We need to get out of here before someone notice us.”

I was stuck on the window, watching him putting Jae Min in his car. I’ll come and get you, Jae Min. I’ll definitely come. 

 

“So they made it the way we thought they will,” said CEO as we were re-watching the news in his office.

“Yes.”

“We should give a statement as soon as possible. Your fans are boiling already. We’ll publish it tomorrow morning. Now, what should we write there…”

“Truth,” I whispered.

“Of course. Anyway, what about Ms. Kim? Did you talk to her?”

“No, not yet.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know where she is right now.”

“You don’t know?”

“That’s right. She was at work so I wanted to get her out of there but my manager stopped me. The café she works at was surrounded with people. All I could do was watching that stupid therapist taking her away.”

“Didn’t he took her to the hospital then?”

“I don’t think so. But I should check it anyway. I finished that photoshoot and I don’t have anything else in my schedule so I’m going to find her.”

 

I got in car and went to the hospital. I run to the reception desk and asked for doctor Park. They told me they didn’t know but then I saw doctor coming down the stairs.

“Doctor Park!” I run to her and she looked at me surprised.

“Mr. Kim? What brings you here?”

“I need your help.”

“Okay, should we go to my office then?” she asked and we went to her office.

“I think this is better place to talk. Especially after today news…”

“You saw…”

She nodded.

“Anyway, that’s kind of the reason why I’m here. That therapists that is working here took her with him in his car. Did he bring her here?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter