Chapter 5

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wore a simple dress in the end. It was suitable for restaurant but it wasn’t too much even if we would just walk around somewhere.

I’m in front of your house.

I’ve read the message, took a bag, keys and went outside. There was only one car so I assumed he’s in.

“Hi,” he smiled with his angelic smile when I sat on the passenger seat.

“Hi.”

“Ready?”

I nodded and we drove off. I’ve imagined a lot of different places we could go in, but when we ended up in front of someone’s front doors, I started to panic.

“Jongin? What is this? Where are we?”

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. I want to introduce you to someone.”

“Who--?” My heart stopped as the doors opened. I looked at the woman.

“Oh, you’re here! Come on in.”

Jongin gently touched my back and we went in. We went to the living room and Kai introduced me to his parents. I greeted them properly and bowed. They both smiled and welcomed me.

 “It’s really nice to meet you, Ms. Jae Min,” said his mum.

“Oh, just call me Jae Min.”

“If you’re okay with it. Would you like some tea or coffee? Or anything else?”

“Ah, y-yes, tea, please.”

“Sure. You, Jongin?”

“Tea, as always. Thank you, mum.”

She left and we sat on the sofa next to each other. I was stressed out and barely took the cookie that Jongin’s father offered me. I was sitting there like a statue, unsure what was going on.

“I’m going to get my glasses, I left them somewhere again. I’ll be right back,” said Mr. Kim and left the room.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this in advance?” I whispered angry.

“Because you would panic and wouldn’t want to go in the end.”

“Well, I’m panicking now. If I knew about it earlier, I would prepare myself.”

“I don’t think this is something you can prepare for. You just have to do it.”

“But…”

“Jae Min, relax. I’m sure they’ll like you,” he said, took my hand and intertwined our fingers. “And I’m with you.”

“So, here is the tea.”

“Thank you,” we both said.

I sip the tea right away even though it was still hot, so I didn’t have to say anything. Jongin was talking with his mum and father for a little until I put the cup on the table and just sat there quietly.

“So, how old are you, Jae Min?” asked Jongin’s mum and broke my own imaginary bubble I’ve been in while they were talking.

“I’m 21.”

“I see. You’re still so young. Jongin said you’re working already. Didn’t you want to study something?”

“I… couldn’t afford it so I had to find a job.”

“I see. And where do you work?”

“At the café.”

“Maybe I could come visit someday,” she laughed a little and I smiled. “Oh, sorry, I’m asking too much. I must’ve made you feel uncomfortable. How about we skip this part and go eat dinner instead?”

I helped Kai’s mum with dishes after dinner and she asked me some more questions but then she talked about Jongin and once we finished in the kitchen, she took me in the office and showed me a family album. I laughed at little Jongin. He was so cute.

“He was such a good child,” said Mrs. Kim and smiled. “Oh, and look at this one. We went to park and do you know what he did? He…” I listened to more funny storied and we both laughed. The pressure I felt before almost vanished and I was enjoying the time with Mrs. Kim.

“What are you two doing here?” asked Jongin once he entered the room.

“You don’t need to know everything, dear,” said his mum and put album back on the shelf.

“Yeah, you’re probably right. I better not know what stories you told her and what photos you showed her,” he said and put one arm around my waist. I thought his mum wouldn’t be impressed but she didn’t really mind.

“I’ll let you alone. I’m sure there’re things you want to show Jae Min,” she smiled and left.

“Would you like to see the rest of the house?”

I nodded and he showed me the house he grew up in. We ended up in his room.

“It looks exactly the same as before. Nothing’s changed here.”

“How long has it been since you came home?”

“I left when I joined the company and became a trainee. I was just visiting since then so I didn’t spent much time here.”

I looked around nervously. I was in the old room of an idol and my boyfriend. I was there with him alone. It all made me so nervous that I just stood there in the middle of the room and stared everywhere but where Jongin was.

“Oh, this is still here?” he said and looked through things on the table.

I was looking at few photos on the wall when I felt two hands around me from behind.

“You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter