Chapter 3

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was washing the last glass and went to eat a lunch.

“Did you try this one before?” asked me Nana, the owner of the café, and gave me plate with a piece of chocolate cake.

“Oh, no, I didn’t.”

“You’ll love it. It’s really popular here. There’s not much left so I stole this piece for you,” she laughed.

“Thank you,” I said and tried the cake. “Wow, it’s delicious! I love it!”

“Told you. It’s just a little bit more complicated to bake, so I make it only once a week and it’s always a speciality. There are people that come here just because of this cake. Wish we could make it more often…”

“So, how do you make it then?” I asked and she talked about the process for the rest of lunch break. “Maybe I could help you sometimes, when you’ll bake it.”

“Oh, really? That would be nice. How about this Sunday?”

“Sounds good.”

“Deal. Anyway, we should get back to work,” she whined and I giggled.

 

The Sunday came and I was in café with Nana. I was helping her with the cake and she showed me some other easy ones.

“I’m going to try these at home.”

“You really should. They are pretty easy but nice. But this one tastes better when you keep it in fridge,” she explained and I nodded.

We were tiding up when my phone rang. It was a message from Kai.

Are you sleeping?

No. I’m at the café.

At café? It’s pretty late…

We were baking some cakes…

I see…

Did you need anything?

Just wanted to hear you, but I assume you’re not alone. Call me when you’re able to talk.

 

We finished the cleaning and left. Nana went other direction so I was alone. I took phone from the pocket and called Kai.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Kai? You wanted to talk to me so…”

“That’s right,” he said and suddenly someone hugged me from behind. “Hi,” he said and I almost screamed.

“Do you really want me to have a heart attack? And what are you doing here? It’s late.”

“Yes, it is,” he said, pulled away and I looked at him. He seemed angry and worried. “I didn’t want you to go home by yourself. You never know… Streets are dangerous at this time,” he said just when two drunken guys passed by. “See?”

“So you came to take me home?” He nodded. “But you should be resting. I’m sure you had a long and hard day.”

“I’m fine,” he took my hand, intertwined our fingers and we went to my flat.

 

I opened the door when we got there, but Jongin didn’t come in. I looked at him with rose eyebrows.

“I won’t stay, sorry. We have busy schedule tomorrow so I need to get some sleep.”

“That’s why I asked why’d you even came. You should sleep when you can.”

“I told you the reason. And it was a great excuse to see you,” he smiled brightly and my heart skipped a beat.

“Be careful on way back,” I said and he leaned closer and gave me a quick peck on forehead.

“I will. Good night,” with that he left and I closed the door.

 

The cake we baked with Nana was delicious. It was hit on Monda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter