Chapter 13

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed, we finished promotions of our new album as well as all concerts. I finally had free time and went on date with Jae Min.

It was evening, and we were walking in the park. It was nice and quiet place but at one moment it was filled with kid’s crying. We ran forward and saw a small kid lying on the floor. We run to him and Jae Min kneeled and helped him to stand up.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” she asked with worried voice.

“Mommy!” cried the boy.

“You can’t find your mummy?”

The boy nodded, still crying. He had hurt knee, so she took him in her arms and stood up. I wanted to take him instead of her, but the boy clenched his arms and legs around her.

“Okay, let’s look for mummy. Where did you see her last time?”

“Playground,” said the boy.

“Let’s go to the playground then.”

We walked together and looked for his mum. We found her at the playground, all stressed out. She took the boy into her arms and thanked us.

“I was really worried about him. I just went to swing my younger one and he disappeared. Thank you so much for finding him.”

“That’s okay, we’re happy you’re together now,” smiled Jae Min.

She was smiling even when we left.

“You look really happy,” I said and took her hand.

“I’m happy we helped. And that little boy was so cute,” she squealed.

I smiled. Something inside me moved when I looked at her and it made me smile.

 

I was in my room, looking at Jae Min’s photo on my phone. I couldn’t get the image of her with that little boy out of my mind. Pictures of her with little baby were popping in my head. I knew I wanted to spend my future with her and I wanted to have a family with her.

My heart was beating fast as I imagined us married. How great it would be to go home and find Jae Min there…

 

“Hey, are you okay, Jongin?” asked Baekhyun during lunch.

“Yeah, I’m fine, why?”

“You totally spaced out.”

I shook my head and took another bite of the chicken.

“You’ve been like this for few days. Is something bothering you?”

“No, it’s just… Never mind. Nothing.”

“Did you have a fight with Jae Min?”

I almost jumped when I heard her name. “No, we didn’t fight. We’re completely fine. That’s the problem…” I almost whispered last part but they heard.

“What? Is getting along well a problem?” asked Chanyeol.

“No, but… it just makes me want to be with her more and I can’t.”

“Hey, do you want to like… live with her? Marry her?”

I almost spilled the water I was drinking. “What?”

“Do you want to marry her?” asked Suho and they were all staring at me, waiting for the answer.

I gulped. “I-I don’t know. I mean… Yes, I want to be with her but I can’t do it to you guys. I made enough troubles for Exo. My marriage would destroy everything we worked hard on.”

“Well, it wouldn’t be easy, but I don’t think it’s impossible.”

“You wouldn’t be the first married idol.”

“But what about our fans?” I asked.

“They will… accept it after some time. At least most of them.”

“But a lot of them will leave and never come back…” I sighed.

“Look, it will be hard, we can’t pretend it won’t. Let’s be real. But if you feel like you still want to do it despite all negatives… then just do it. You only live once, Jongin. We sacrifice a lot for fans, because it’s our job, but don’t sacrifice your love too.”

 

 

It took me few days to finally decide and make a move. When I told others, they were cheering me on, which gave me a courage that I was lacking. I didn’t even know how and I was in a shop picking the ring. When I found the one I thought Jae Min would like, I bought it and went home.

 

“When are you going to propose?” asked guys and made me nervous.

“I don’t know yet.”

“If you have a ring already, then there’s nothing to think about. Just do it.”

I sighed. “I haven’t planned it yet.”

“Planned? Oh, right. I think you should do it at a special place.”

“Somewhere where you’ve been together.”

“Place with nice memories.”

“Or a restaurant.”

“But there are lots of eyes watching.”

“Right. So maybe some quiet place.”

I got an idea about a perfect place. “I think I got it, guys.”

 

I waited for Jae Min in my car.

“Sorry, I made you wait. I just had to take care of Blackie.”

“That’s okay. Shall we go now?” I asked once she got in the car.

“Yes, let’s go.”

 

We were climbing on the same mountain we went to when she was a ghost. Once we got to the place with old branch, Jae Min sighed.

“How can it be so beautiful here even in this cold season?” she asked and enjoyed the scenery around us. I was watching her walking around with a smile on her face until she finally stopped.

I walked behind her and hugged her.

“Are you happy?” I asked and put my chin on her shoulder.

“I am. Really. I wish I could stay here forever… with you” she said quietly.

“You can,” I said without thinking. She turned her head to look at me.

“We can’t stay here. It’s cold. But it would be nice if—“

“Stay with me forever, Jae Min,” I almost whispered and my heart was beating wildly.

I was thinking about the right way how to ask it. I was nervous like never before, but I wanted to know the answer. When should I ask her? Should I kneel down? What should I say?

“Well, I am with you—“

“No, I mean… Argh, I can’t do this anymore,” I mumbled more for myself, but she probably heard it. “Marry me, Jae Min,” I said with a trembling voice. I waited few seconds and then turned her around, so I could see her face. She was in shock. Her big innocent eyes were staring at me and it made me smile.

“Kim Jae Min,” I said and kneeled down “will you marry me?”

I took out the ring and waited for the response. Her eyes were filled with tears and she covered . I was getting worried, when I suddenly saw her small nodding.

“I will. I will marry you, Kim Jongin,” she said and when I finally got it, I stood up and kissed her. I was so happy I could jump around.

I pulled back to put the ring on her finger. “I love you, Jae Min,” I said and wiped away her tears from her cheeks.

“I love you too, Jongin,” she smiled, and I kissed her again.

 

 

I was standing in front of the CEO’s table. He was staring at me speechless. The shock on his face was obvious.

“You…You’re what?” he asked with weak voice when he got a bit out of the shock.

“We’re engaged. We want to marry.”

“Is this a joke? Or am I sleeping? Because if I am, I want to wake up right now,” he said and massaged the bridge of his nose.

“I’m really sorry for troubling you…” I said while looking at the floor, but then I raised my head and looked straight at him “but this is something you won’t be able to stop. I will do it with or wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter