Chapter 2

Life (A Sequel to (No) Life)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Min’s pov

“I am tired. Of all this.”

“What?”

“I’m tired of this hiding.” He looked back down at our hands and we were quiet for a moment.

“You should go back and rest. And also, someone might see you here and…”

“I missed you,” he said and looked in my eyes. “I know there’s always possibility that someone will see us, but I had to come and see you. So can’t you let me stay for a bit longer?”

I gulped nervously. It’s been so long since I saw him and I was so happy to be with him but happiness wasn’t the only feeling growing inside me. The fear of being exposed to the world and causing a trouble to Kai and Exo was growing inside of me as well.

I hesitantly reached my hand to his face and touched his cheek with fingertips. Being able to touch him was still a bit unbelievable for me.

“I missed you too,” I said quietly and his eyes softened. He put my hand on his cheek and held it there for a moment until he let go and hugged me.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to come.”

“No… I understand. You don’t need to apologise for that.”

He looked at me and put a strand of hair behind my ear.

“I should’ve at least called you. But I couldn’t. I would miss you even more…”

Jongin’s honest confession made me smile.

“What?” he asked surprised by my reaction.

“It’s just… I still can’t believe this,” I said and looked down at my hands.

“Believe what?”

“Us. The fact someone like you would miss me. It just all seems like a dream…”

He leaned closer and our faces were almost touching. “If this all is just a dream, then I don’t want to wake up. Ever.”

He leaned back before my heart would burst.

“How about your condition? Does it still hurt a lot?”

“Hmm, I’m trying to walk little by little. It will take some time to fully recover but I’m sure that day will come. And what about your leg? I was really worried after seeing news.”

“It’s okay now. I’m just being more careful so I wouldn’t get hurt again.”

“Yes, be careful, please. I don’t want you to be hurt anymore.”

“I’ll keep it in mind,” he smiled.

“Eh-em,” Hyun Suk came back. “I think I should take her back to her room.”

“Oh, sure,” said Kai and took my hands in his quickly. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to come visit you anytime soon, but I’ll make sure to call you.”

“I’ll be waiting,” I smiled.

He stood up and gave me a peck on the top of head. It surprised me a little but made me happy at the same time.

“Bye,” he whispered and left.

“Bye,” I whispered as I watched him leaving. I had no idea when I will be able to see him again. I was aware of the fact that in our relationship seeing each other often would be luxury. I was dating an idol. Idol hunted by reporters.

 

Time passed and I was starting to be more confident in walking. Rehabilitation helped me a lot and doctors were impressed by my progress. I was challenging myself and tried to walk longer and longer distances without any help, by myself. I wanted to recover as soon as possible and start to live my new life fully.

I thought about Kai a lot. He called me every time his schedule allowed it or late at night. Few times I found missed calls in the morning. I sighed when I imagined how late he came home and had time to talk to me. Sometimes I would just find a message and reply but he didn’t text back. Probably because of the schedule. I understood and was thankful for times we talked.

 

*knock, knock*

I looked at the door and smiled at doctor Park who came in.

“How is our big warrior doing?”

“Very good.”

“Really?”

I nodded and she smiled and sat on the chair next to my bed.

“We talked about you at meeting. We think you’re doing really well and that you’ll be able to go home soon.”

“Wh-What? Really? Are you serious?” I asked in shock and she just smiled. “Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it. I will go home soon.”

“But… there’s something for you,” she said and gave me the envelope.

I opened it and read. I frowned. “What is this? What did they do?”

My fingers were trembling and my mind went blank. Doctor Park took the paper and read it. She looked at me shocked.

“They demolished my home…” I mumbled still in disbelieve.

“It says that it was in bad state. It might’ve been dangerous…”

“But I have nowhere to go now. And all my belongings were there…”

“I’m sure they took your things away before they destroyed the house.”

“I’m… homeless now…”

“My brother works in the business with houses so… he might help you to choose something if you want.”

I bit my lip. I almost lost my life and when I finally got to live aagain I find out that they took the last thing I had after parents. They took my home…

.

I was on my way to the room when I saw a men in front of my room. It seemed like he hesitated if he should or shouldn’t come in. I went closer.

“Excuse me? Can I help you?” I asked and he looked at me, bit surprised.

“Oh… I’m… Are you Ms. Kim Jae Min?”

I nodded and he gulped nervously.

“I… I wanted to talk to you if you have a time.”

I had no idea who that person was, but he didn’t seem like a reporter so I agreed.

“So… what did you want to talk about?” I asked once we sat down.

“I… I wanted to apologise for… my father.”

I frowned. I had no idea what was this man is saying. I’ve never seen him before and I didn’t know who his father was so why would he apologise?

“I don’t think I understand.”

He bit his lips and played with his fingers.

“Last year… your accident. It wasn’t quite an accident.”

“I already know that.”

He n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter