Jisoo, You're So Blind

Now Playing: Blackpink’s Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon and Jisoo was busy doing her school project that is due on Monday. While I, on the other hand, was busy playing video games on her PS4.

You see, Jisoo unnie is a year older than me. She’s now a senior college student and I’m on my third year. We both go to the same school because I promised her before that I will follow her when I go to college. If you’re wondering why, Jisoo unnie and I are best friends since we were in high school. I met her when I was a freshman transferee student, while she was the president of the campus. She helped me adjust with school every day considering the fact that I came from New Zealand.

To make the long story short, we became best friends in an instant. Well, I guess it is mostly 'cause I badly want to see her always.. Why? Because I had a crush on her.

Wait, I’ll rephrase it. I still have a crush on her. I know it has grown too much but I just think it is more than just a crush now.

Anyway, back to the current happening...

I went to Jisoo unnie’s place to hang-out with her though she is still busy, so she let me stay there for a bit. She didn’t hesitate since it’s been our daily routine. Jisoo unnie will go to mine, if we both have free time on weekdays, then I’ll go to hers every weekends. However, everything has changed when that bastard came to her life.

“Augh! I’m so tired. I’m going to have a break.” Jisoo said frustratedly, which brought me back to the reality. I paused the game and turned to face her. I was sitting on the sofa that is almost near her study table.

“Unnie. I think you’re right. You’ve been doing that since this morning and I bet you haven’t eaten your lunch yet.” She stood up, yawned and stretched her arms. “Mhmm!” I laughed a little with her actions.

“I think I’ll just go take a nap.” She sat beside me and laid her head on my lap. You’re so cute, Jisoo. I thought to myself.

“Unnie. Let me help you so that you’ll finish earlier and play with me.” I said while brushing her hair with my hand.

“No, no. Don’t worry I got this.” She replied with her eyes are closed. Such an independent woman. That’s what I like, no, love about her. I said to myself once again.

Then, she sat up straight. “I think I reeeally should take a break. Let’s play!”. I was about to say yes when her phone rang.

“Unnie” I pointed out her phone on the desk.

“Oh yeah!” She quickly stood up to pick it. “Uhm. It’s Jinyoung. Excuse me for a while.” She smiled then went to the balcony. “Hello?”

Jinyoung.

Once I heard that name, my mind went completely back to that time when I saw it. It was just a week ago when I saw that bastard with another girl.

I mean how dare he is?! How does he has the audacity to do such a thing?! He doesn't truly love her! Jisoo doesn’t deserve that bastard! I better tell Jisoo unnie before I see that xx here. I thought furiously while my arms were crossed.

“Hello! Earth to Jennie!” I jumped a little when I didn't to noticed her beside me already and thought that she was still not done talking to him.

“What?!” She giggled.

“You spaced out.”

“Uh. Yeah. Sorry.” I scratched the back of my head, then she pinched both of my cheeks that made me squealed a little.

“You’re such a cutie! Come on. Let’s play.”

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Jisoo always knew that I never lose any game especially when I’m focused on it. But this time, I let her win since I was too preoccupied with my thoughts. I badly wanted to spill it all out.

“Yay! This is the very first time! Haha! I won, Jendeukie!” She stuck her tongue out, acting as if she’s like a ten year old girl trapped on a 22 year old body.

“Well. Congrats, Jisoo!” I said while looking straight into the screen. “But I was busy thinking about your lover’s true feelings for you.” I heard her gasped and looked at her. “Don’t take it as a wrong way, unnie.” I said while holding her hand, yet she didn’t respond that's why I moved closer to her. “Unnie. I have a very serious question to you." I paused for a while before continuing. “Do you really think that he loves you so much?" I asked her seriously, thinking that maybe she would say no.

"Yah. Jennie-ah! Why are you asking me this question?" She let go of my hand and at the same time, crossed both her arms and legs as she looked at me. “You still don’t like him, do you?” I shrugged only as an indication of my reply. Jisoo, if you only knew what I saw that time. I said to myself.

“I think I should just continue with my project.” She stood up and went back to her work. I sighed heavily. Unfortunately, I was about to tell her but it seems like she doesn’t want to listen. Not to mention that I have a bad feeling that she knows it already.

I looked at her again and saw how sad she is. I wouldn’t want to see her like that again. I said silently. Then, I searched for my phone in my bag to play music, hoping that Jisoo will be a little bit okay later on.

Tap. Next. Tap. Skip.

Ahh yes. I finally found the right song that perfectly suits our situation.

I hope Jisoo unnie can hear this.

NOW PLAYING: THAT XX - G-DRAGON

Walking on the street,
I bumped into your man (Yeah I saw him)
I didn’t want to believe it,
but my hunch turned out right (I told you)
He’s not wearing that ring you gave him,
there’s another girl by his side
But I’ve said enough (I don’t wanna hurt you)

I stared at Jisoo and tried to ask her once again. “Jisoo unnie. Do you think he’s loyal or faithful to you?” She glared at me this time. She was busy writing something, but stopped for a minute.

She stood up and walked towards me. “For the nth time, Jennie.” She looked at me for a while, then shook her head, as if she’s disappointed. “I believe that Jinyoung loves me and would never ever try to cheat on me!” She said a bit louder this time and ran her hands through her hair.

I sighed heavily after seeing her reaction. “Okay.” I fixed my things before I stood up and walked out of the door, but I almost slammed it closed.

“Yah! Why do you have to be so rude?!” Jisoo yelled and came after me. “Is it because of Jinyoung?!”

Now you’re getting angry with me (Why?)
You say “He’s definitely not that kind of person” (Sure you’re right)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter