I'm Young

Fated Meetings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2015

"Hyung! I'll take Haute out for a walk. Take care of the house." Seunghoon shouts to Jinwoo making sure he will hear it inside his room. Haute is an italian greyhound he brought this year since Hoon gets down a lot when he has nothing to do. Haute cheers him up and he treats Haute like his own child. Following Seunghoon, other members also got their own pet cats, Mino has Jhonny, Jinwoo has Bei and Rey, and Taehyun has Bally and Pally. Seungyoon decides to not get one because he has no confidence that he will be a good father to his pet.

"Ung! I will." Jinwoo shouts back without even seeing Seunghoon out. He is the only one left in the house. The other three are in the studio composing new songs. 

Jinwoo usually spends time playing his game on the computer when he has no schedule. He is close to winning the game when Bei suddenly jumps up and blocked his view. Jinwoo ended up loosing the game in the end, "Aist! I lost."

He puts down Bei and losts interest in playing. Then, he lays down in bed and stares at the ceiling. His consciousness drifts to the very first day they got the name WINNER...

"And the winning team is...Team A. Congratulations!" Daesung announced as the crowd cheers and claps. Instead of clapping and cheering, the whole stage is filled with wailing and crying. It was tears of happiness and relief. It is the turning point of their lives that will stay vivid in Jinwoo's mind like watching a movie.

After being WINNER, they were so busy running to their goals of becoming the artists they want to be. They did WINNER TV and went to Japan to guest for their seniors' concert. They successfully debuted with the song Empty and the public loves them. They won awards left and right. That was a moment of satisfaction and joy. Everything was new and exciting. 

But those were just distant memories. It's so far that it felt like a dream. They've entered the hardest part for a YG idol and for the fans: hiatus. It is a time when everything is uncertain. None of them know when they will have a comeback. The wait can be year or years or none at all. It can be a very long wait but Jinwoo is patiently anticipating their return. He was trained to wait since his trainee days. But now he thinks he can endure it longer since he has s with him.  He feels invincible when he is with them. It is more special since he debuted in the same group as Seungyoon.

Jinwoo didn't notice that he fell asleep as he reminisces all their memories. He wakes up at the sound of noise outside his room. He walks up to their living room and saw Seungyoon, Mino and Taehyun sitting in their living room depressed and being cheered up by Seunghoon.

"What's with the long face, you three?" Jinwoo asked.

Seungyoon replied, "CEO Yang rejected my songs again." It is not new for Seungyoon to get his songs rejected but it still hurts each time.

Taehyun follows, "I read a lot of insults for my acting." Taehyun tries acting but the public is not receptive of him and criticized him for his "foot-acting"(bad acting).

Mino also answered, "I made a mistake in my lyrics. And now the public are cursing me." Mino is currently participating in Show me the Money. In his desire to come out strong, he made a mistake in writing his lyrics.

Jinwoo advises everyone and says, "All I can say is don't give up. Seungyoon-ah, your songs are great. Just keep trying and CEO Yang will acknowledge you someday. Taehyun-ah, everyone is like that for the first time. You did great and I know you will improve in no time if you put your heart in it. Mino-yah, you should sincerely apologize. We all make mistake sometimes. If the apology is sincere, they will surely accept it. It's unfortunate you can't show your adorable side to the public right now but there will come a time when you can."

The three nodded as they take in Jinwoo's words. At these times, Jinwoo is a respected hyung to them. They know everything he says are genuine and comes from his heart.

Jinwoo added, "Let's talk more about it over dinner. Let's eat meat. My treat!"

The three perk up at the thought of "meat" and "Jinwoo's treat". They all stood up and prepare themselves to go out.

Feeling moved by Jinwoo's words and gesture, Mino comes up to Jinwoo to hug him. He says, "Thank you, hyung! You're the best."

Seungyoon gets jealous and tries to split the two, "Ya! Song Mino! That's enough." In the span of two years, all WINNER members have become really close with each other. Mino even lets Seungyoon to address him as a same-age friends. 

Taehyun pulls Jinwoo's hand from the other two who are now bickering and says, "Come on, hyung. Ignore those two and let's get meat by ourselves."

Everyone suddenly gets lively and energetic that Seunghoon comments, "You three! I've been wasting my energy here trying to cheer you all up. And you all change at the sound of meat?"

"Eyy...hyung, you know how rare Jinwoo-hyung volunteers to treat us meat. We should take this opportunity before he changes his mind!" Mino chides.

On their way to the restaurant, Jinwoo is walking slowly just watching the other members' back while bickering. He smiles to himself thinking how lucky he is to be in this group of talented individuals. Seungyoon glances at Jinwoo walking slowly behind them and subtly walks slowly to match his pace.

When the other three are far ahead, Seungyoon discreetly interlaced his hand with Jinwoo's and gives him a light kiss on his cheek. He whispers, "Thank you, Hyung."

Jinwoo smiled, "This is all I can do for now."

Seungyoon gave Jinwoo another light kiss and said, "That much is enough." Seungyoon's ear flushed bright red even when he is the one who initiated the kisses. He still can't get enough of Jinwoo even after dating him for almost four years. Jinwoo is breathtaking before too but after debuting, he has become more handsome each passing day. He tries to hide his mix of astonishment and embarrassment by changing the topic. He says,  "Anyway, hyung, you didn't forgot your wallet, did you?"

Jinwoo got wide-eyed and remarks, "Ah! Right! My wallet! I forgot to bring it."

Seungyoon gets worried, "What?! You forgot to bring your wallet with you?" He thinks quickly and offers, "I brought my wallet. We can pay with mine."

Jinwoo grins and pulls out his wallet. He sticks out his tongue and says, "Fooled you! Of course I'll bring my wallet with me."

Seungyoon smiles and sighs, "This hyung, really. You surprise me everytime."

The other three members arrived at the front of the restaurant and stops by the entrance. Seunghoon called out the two with a loud voice, "You slowpokes, quickly get here! Let's eat!"

Jinwoo and Seungyoon looks at each other and smiled. Then, they turn to Seunghoon and answered simultaneously, "Coming!"

It's one of those times. A time when simply being together makes them happy. A time when problems can be forgotten for a while. A time when the sound of their stomach growling is more important than the noisy curses of other people. Jinwoo thinks, I wish time can stop at this moment. I hope we can all stay happy together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Year 2016

Finally, the time has come for their comeback. With an innocent and young heart, WINNER anticipated their songs to be a hit like Empty. They are proud of their album especially because their youngest,Taehyun, is the one who created their title songs.They are promised to have a series of mini albums to release, E,X, I,and T like Bigbang's MADE album. Everyone thought,  E is only the start of their long promotion period.

However, expecting too much will only result to disappointment. Though the song reached number one, the response of the public is not as hot as when they debut. Their quick promotion period and long hiatus during debut took a toll on them. A lot of groups that debut on the same year as them has continually release new music and became more popular. Their anti-fans jumped into the opportunity and calls them flops of YG Entertainment. The management, reading the manipulated comments, also thought that this project is a failure. 

Out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter