CHAPTER 16

Story of Us

The loud clanging sounds of the spoon and coffee mug resonates around the room as Eunbi keeps on tapping the utensils together as her minds flies off into nowhere. All she could think of was how Sojung was acting towards her after the event in the parking lot. 

The older girl was undeniably distancing herself and acting rather… colder and avoiding contacts as much as possible. And with those kind of actions done by the model, it couldn’t be denied that the photographer is indeed missing the old Sojung — her Sojung, as she stated during her talk with Eunha.

“How long has she been moping around exactly?” Yerin who was staring, with both of her arms crossed in front of her chest, at Eunbi who was sitting at the corner of the room with a hot cup of coffee.

“Two days? Three? Or four… I think?” Eunha answered while counting the days she had seen the photographer who looks like someone who completely lost their sanity after something tragic had happened.

Both of the Jungs were seating a few tables away from younger girl and they were rather amused in what they were seeing. As if they are watching an interesting movie.

It is a rare sight after all.

“Do you think we should go over there and tell her that our coffee break is already finished?” Yerin asked as she lifted her wrist to look at the current time

“No, let her be. It’s fun seeing her being all trouble in paradise person — as if she was facing a huge problem she needs to fix in her life” Eunha chuckled and turned around, signaling the latter to exit the room since they still have documents to work on.

“Oh… kay…” The older girl slowly nodded, uncertain if they should really be leaving the photographer behind.

Once the two bosses had exited the place, Eunbi’s daydreaming haven’t stopped. It unfortunately had gone worse — started whispering out her thoughts and even slamming the wooden table in front of her which made the other customers turn their heads toward her, looking at her with either a confused expression or a is she crazy? expression.

And being all the distracted person, Eunbi wasn’t noticing any of these.

“Why did I exactly say that to her anyway? And why am I suddenly missing her to the point that I called her My Sojung in front of Eunha?”

To be exact, Eunbi was utterly confused on why she had the guts to bring up the contract that time. She just wanted to stop Sojung from acting all clingy and being all the girlfriend type when they’re out in an open space, but she didn’t expect that it would affect the model this way.

“And why the hell hasn’t she sent me any text messages since yesterday? There was no even a good morning and good night text” The photographer tapped her phone in a hard way. By that, like in a literal hard way, the table was even vibrating because of the impact of her taps on her phone.

Being insane for Kim Sojung may be… an understatement at this rate. She was more than insane but of course being the stubborn Eunbi, she wouldn’t admit that and would just say ‘I’m not crazy for her. It’s just I’m not used to this kind of Sojung’ Like right… you aren’t.

Seconds turned into minutes and the model was not yet sending any messages to her and it was rather making Eunbi displeased and near in exploding her anger. But remembering that she was in a public area, she closed her eyes and breathed in and out again and again while she tells herself that Sojung might just have a schedule and is too busy to send any messages.

“What am I even thinking?” She annoyingly asked herself and grabbed her phone from the table “I can just call her. I mean trying for only once wouldn’t hurt”

She swiped her thumb on the screen, opening the lock screen, and quickly went to her contacts to find the model’s name to give her a call.

It rang for a few times before someone had picked it up but the voice she had heard was far from the Sojung’s and very unfamiliar.

It was a man’s voice. That fact made blood rush into her head that only a fragile thin line was stopping her from outraging in the café.

“Who is this? You’re not Sojung” The photographer asked, her eyebrows knitted together while her free hand turned into a ball of fist.

“This is her manager. What do you need? And who are you?” Wow so much for being polite. She made an eye roll and softly groaned before answering with a calm manner “Kindly tell her that this is Hwang Eunbi. The photographer of Galaxy clothing line and I have some business to ask her”

“I’m afraid she’s currently busy discussing her next project with the brand that is offering to work with her for the next month. But I will surely inform Miss Kim that you had given her a call and to call you back immediately”

Not knowing which is which was making her pissed, if it was the fact that the model wasn’t the one who personally picked up the phone or if it was the fact that the manager didn’t know who she was. Did the model perhaps not save her number or did the manager just answered the phone without taking a quick glimpse on who’s the caller.

Eunbi sighed “Why am I even feeling this way?” It was frustrating her. How Sojung was being distant, how she unknowingly brought up the contract, and most of all, why she was feeling all sorts of emotions just because of a single action of the model.

She continuously tapped the table for a while before she finally stood up from her seat to head to her destination.

Kim Sojung’s house.

Even on the way to the parking lot, her mind was occupied by the model. Throwing her car key up in the air and perfectly catching it when it lands is the thing is do the most when she thinks when walking.

“She better be back into the normal Sojung after I visit her place today” The photographer muttered as she the engine before rushing off the parking lot.

The travel took almost two hours since there was a heavy traffic caused by an accident and during that long wait, she couldn’t help but keep on honking her car — well not only her, even the other drivers were pissed at the slow progress of their vehicle.

Eunbi had always hated waiting and that traffic didn’t help her calm down at all. It was making her all paranoid and annoyed.

By the time she arrived at the building, the sky was already dark and she expected Sojung to be home already. If not, she couldn’t imagine how pissed would she be.

A two hour traffic and an empty house? That would be great. Too great that it’ll make her anger meter drastically rise up from its normal state.

When the photographer had arrived in front of the model’s door, she was contemplating if she should ring the doorbell or just put in the passcode. She knows it after all.

“I’m her wife now so this wouldn’t be considered as trespassing a property right?” She muttered as she placed her thumb on the machine and started pressing the numbers.

“Good thing I have a good memory” She said proudly when getting the door opened in her first try.

The place’s lights were , meaning that it’s either Sojung who was home or it was her cousin, Umji, but the photographer hopes that it was the first option.

She walked towards the living area but saw no one, then she went to the kitchen and heard the chopping sound of the knife. There she saw the person she was looking for — Kim Sojung.

The model had her back faced against Eunbi, still not noticing the presence of the younger girl.

Eunbi took the initiative to sit down on the stool of the sining area and waited for a while if the latter would notice her or not.

“Kim Sojung” The younger girl ended the silence in the room and what made her raise her right eyebrow was the response of the latter.

She just hummed in response.

“You know that I’m sitting here?” She asked, confused if she heard the older girl correctly or if she was just imagining things.

“Yeah, I knew you were there. I heard the beeping sound of the passcode machine outside my door, Eunbi”

Hearing that made Eunbi undeniably annoyed and hurt at the same time. Why didn’t the latter greet nor welcomed her? Why did she decide to ignore the younger girl’s presence?

“Then why didn’t even greet me? A simple ‘good evening, Eunbi’ is enough and you didn’t have to turn around when you greet cos I get that you’re cooking. But why didn’t you even act that you noticed me? Instead, you decided to keep quiet and act like I’m not here?”

It was inevitable that the photographer was in the verge of crying. She was near in breaking down but she stopped herself for she couldn’t afford making the model see her cry just because of how cold she was being treated.

“Where did the Sojung that I know go? Why are you suddenly treating me like this? Was it because of what I said when you hugged me in the parking lot?”

Eunbi doesn’t know why these words were slipping from but she knew that she needed to vent them out or else her insides might be the one to breakdown.

“I kept apologizing to you but every time I do that, you just say that it’s not my fault and everything’s fine. But well as you can see it’s not. I’m getting bothered by the fact that you suddenly changed”

The photographer thought that she would finally get the answer that she had been wanting to hear from the model but what Sojung replied was just still the same answer from before.

“It’s not your fault, Eunbi. And dinner will be up soon—“ Even before the older girl could finish her sentence, she felt two arms wrap around her waist and Eunbi’s face was buried on her back.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry for what I’ve said” The photographer said as her voice trembled and tears were slowly falling from her eyes.

Sojung on the other hand didn’t expect Eunbi to act like this. The Eunbi she knew would never cry in front of her and would be stubborn as always so hearing the younger girl cry made her guilty for distancing herself from her.

The model turned off the stove before loosening the grip of the younger girl on her waist so that she would be able to turn around and face the latter. Eunbi just had her head hung low, not wanting to let the latter see her current state — her arms managed to find its way back into the model’s waist before pressing her head to the chest of the older girl.

“Eunbi. It’s not your fault okay?” Sojung said softly but the younger one just shook her head and said “But it’s my fault that you’re distancing yourself”

“Because I thought you don’t want us to be the center and headlines of the news if reporters do manage to capture us being all touchy with each other?”

“No. I know that’s not the only reason you’re doing this…”

Sojung doesn’t know what to do to calm the latter because this was the first time she had seen this side of the photographer and it was rather making her melt and soft. Deep inside her mind, it keeps telling that she wouldn’t mind having this side of Eunbi all the time.

It was amusingly adorable.

“What do you want me to do for the old Sojung to be back?” Upon hearing that, the model doesn’t know what to respond. But that moment of confusion and silence stopped when a smirked formed on her lips.

Sojung placed her thumb and forefinger in between Eunbi’s chin to lift it and make eye contact with the younger one “How about we make ‘us’ official?”

It wasn’t the time for teasing but the model just couldn’t help it. Not when Eunbi is in her fragile state. Who knows when she will be able to see this priceless reaction of the photographer once again? And she was somewhat expecting what the latter would reply to her question.

 

—•—

 

A/N: Just dropping by to update this since I’m deprived of wonb content uwu. And I also have some WonB AUs in my twitter account (Wishnim). Feel free to check them out and I hope that you've enjoyed this chapter :)