[Baekai] Best of Me

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots

 

Best of Me

Prompt – Alpha Baekhyun comes home to find his omega quietly crying in a corner of their kitchen.

Note (s) –although, I am working on a lot of baekai one-shots, I couldn’t complete them for unknown reasons (lmfao). So, I decided to write this drabble and finished it within a few hours  minutes.

Read on AO3.


 

Having a job that demands his presence twenty-four by seven was never a part of Byun Baekhyun’s dreams, if anything, it was one of the many nightmares that he never wanted to come across to. His small family, his parents, were also workers who worked their asses off twenty-four by seven just so that they could give their only child, Baekhyun, everything that he wanted and needed. That’s parents, Baekhyun thinks, he would be someday too. Thoughts of kids fill up his heart and envelopes his body in a heat that he couldn’t shake off of his body no matter how hard he tries.

 

They, he and his pretty omega mate, haven’t talked about kids for a very long time but something in him tells him that Jongin would love to have kids of their own. Baekhyun imagines seeing his baby practically bloated for nine straight months, whining and pouting so adorably that he wouldn’t be able to resist him and would-

 

He shakes his head, trying to keep his mind away from all those indecent thoughts because no matter what, he can’t forget that he was still sitting in a public transport and sitting with a - he shivers at the thought of people possibly passing him stink eyes and calling him ‘ert’ none too subtly. His eyes keep drifting to all the passengers with their kids, mind busy imagining him with their kid that he would bring out so that he could fulfill the pup’s demands.

 

Before he knows, he has already reached his stop and he sighs, with heavy steps he walks out of the vehicle, thanking the driver for reasons unknown. Jongin says that he should always thank people for their hard work, no matter how big or small the work is. He does, Jongin always brings out the best in him.

 

Jongin. His Jongin.

 

Within a few minutes, he finds himself just standing in front of the home (“home sweet home, hyung, call it home sweet home,” says Jongin), a frown appearing on his handsome face when he finds all the switches off. As much as he knows, Jongin has always hated darkness. He switches on the light of their gallery before stepping out of his shoes and after hanging his suit jacket on the hook walks inside, softly calling out the younger’s name.

 

“Jongin?” He asks, placing his bag on the sofa kept in the living room before shuffling around the room on his socked feet. “Jongin, babe?” He calls again and it’s not until that he hears a loud sob coming from the kitchen that he practically rushes towards the said kitchen, eyes wide at the heartbreaking sob that he hears. “Jongin, baby, what happened?” He softly asks, crouching down beside a sobbing Jongin.

 

The young lad looks up from where he was burying his face between his knees, before bursting into fresh tears at the sight of the alpha male just in front of him. Baekhyun, ever in love with the boy, without a second thought pulls the younger closer to himself, unconsciously pulling the small omega in his lap. He coos, “Jongin, why are you crying? Tell hyung.”

 

Jongin only sobs quietly, shivering ever so slightly in his mate’s arms before hugging Baekhyun in a bear hug. “H-hyung, it hurts.”

 

“What hurts, Jonginie?” He asks, eyes flitting everywhere across the boy’s frail frame as he looks for any bruises, only to come up with nothing until he looks down and sees Jongin’s white shirt practically soaked in red. “Jongin, blood? Where are you hurt?” He asks, gently pushing Jongin off of his lap before taking the omega’s hand in his and whining low in his throat when the boy only sobs at the touch of his fingertips on his cut. “Baby, why didn’t you–”

 

“Hyung, it hurts so much,” the boy says with a loud sob. “P-please make it stop,” the boy pleads, watching with blurred eyes as the alpha quickly gets up and pulls him up on his feet.

 

“Wash your hand first and I will bring the first aid kit, okay?” When the boy only sobs louder, he gently takes the boy’s hand in his own before guiding it to the running tap. He knows how much Jongin’s scared of blood. “Just keep it here, and hyung will bring the kit here, okay?” The boy nods, but Baekhyun knows that he isn’t paying attention.

 

He quickly searches through every cabinet of their kitchen, cursing under his breath when he doesn’t find it until he comes across the fifth cabinet. Jongin is still crying his heart out and in a state of panic and anxiousness (because he just doesn’t like it when his baby’s crying), somehow manages to apply ointment on the cut.

 

It’s not until a few minutes later that Jongin’s cries finally subside and small hiccups break the silence of the kitchen. Baekhyun gently blows on the boy’s hand, getting back to his senses when everything finally settles down. “When did you get this cut? For how long, Jonginie? Why didn’t you treat it–?”

 

“Y-you know I am afraid of blood?” Jongin quietly asks, wiping the tears on his face with the sleeve of his oversized shirt. “I-I was afraid,” the boy adds and the crack in his voice tell Baekhyun that the omega is about to cry again. Before that happens, he quickly pulls the boy for a hug, kissing his head to reassure him.

 

“Hyung will never let that happen to his baby, you know that right?” Jongin nods and he smiles. “Hyung is always there for you baby.” Then frowns, “But how did you manage to cut yourself?” He asks in a teasing tone yet nothing about his tone isn’t serious.

 

“I-I was cooking,” Jongin says and shoves Baekhyun back when the alpha only laughs. “What? I wanted to cook something for you,” he says with an adorable pout on his equally adorable face. He coos, ruffling the boy’s hair before pecking him on his forehead.

 

“Hyung had told you a long time ago to not come near the stove, didn’t he?”

 

“But I was just trying to cook something for my hyung!” Jongin says with a heavy blush, watching as Baekhyun quietly grimaces at the mess that he had made of the kitchen.

 

“Okay, so this will take some time but,” Baekhyun says, turning around and pulling the boy in his arms, wrapping his arms around the boy’s willowy waist. “Thank you so much.”

 

“For what?” Jongin asks, playing with the alpha’s hair with his uninjured hand. His eyes are still swollen from all the crying but, Baekhyun thinks, the boy still manages to look gorgeous as . If Baekhyun were to be honest, the boy looks adorable. “I didn’t do anything other than making a mess.”

 

“But you thought about it, even though you know nothing about cooking,” he says and chuckles when Jongin only whines in embarrassment.

 

“Jongin, really,” Baekhyun says after a few moments of silently staring into the boy’s beautiful brown eyes, “I really appreciate it, even though I don’t like the outcome,” he says pointing to the injured hand before kissing his cheek. “Hyung loves you so much that you aren’t even aware of.”

 

“Jonginie loves hyung so much too, like this big,” the boy says, stepping back and spreading his arms wide before shaking his head with a cute giggle. “Not this big, but bigger than the universe!”

 

Baekhyun smiles, and really it’s that kind of fond smile that he knows his best friend, Jongdae, would cringe at.

 

“Oh, dear lord, how did I manage to get so lucky?”


 

By the way, Baekhyun was taller than Jongin in this drabble, if you didn’t notice that yet. Tell me what you think in the comments section.

Thank you to all of you who comment and motivate me. No matter how much I love writing, comments only add the fuel to that burning fire (eww, what did I just say, lmao?)

Thank you! Have a great night (?) ahead. And dear lord, great night does not mean great night. You get what I mean, right? (Gosh, since when did I become this ert?)