[Sukai] Baby

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots

 

Prompt—Junmyeon comes home to his pregnant husband being sleepy and pouty as usual.

Note (s)—sukai is just so cute. uwu

read on ao3.


 

“Why is he not picking up my calls,” Junmyeon mumbles to himself, frown setting on his handsome features. He pushes his purse in his suit pocket, loosens his tie and leans against the car seat, one hand still firmly set on the steering wheel. Rubbing his temple with his free hand, he again passes a glance to his phone. Jongin hasn’t even called back. He breaks into a sweat.

 

He has told Jongin a thousand times to never, ever leave his phone unattended. He is pregnant. and Junmyeon can’t always be at home with him, and he needs to stay attentive. Junmyeon calls him almost every thirty minutes, just to make sure that he is alright and every single time he reminds Jongin to keep the phone with himself.

 

Jongin, most of the times, doesn’t listen to him; maybe he does but forgets as if it doesn’t matter. As if whatever Junmyeon said was nothing but .

 

He grabs his phone again, despite the building in view, and calls Jongin. Jongin doesn’t pick up. With a sincere prayer to God that his husband is alright, he quickly parks his car, grabs his phone and his briefcase from the backseat and runs toward the building elevator. The guard greets him; he barely pays the old man any mind.

 

With the lift occupied at such an hour, he takes the stairs and God; he is going to give Jongin an earful of lecture for doing this to him. Their flat floor is ten and the stairs not less than hundred. He is tired as hell after work, Jongin is going to get it; definitely, without any doubts.

 

He reaches after almost twenty-five minutes, he is sweating to his bones, and his legs are feeling jelly by every second. Still, the thought of making sure that his baby (or babies for that matter) is safe and sound and not in any kind of danger, he quickly fishes out his flat key, practically shoves it in the keyhole and walks inside.

 

The first thing he hears is the soft music playing in the background; the TV is switched on. The lights are off except in the living room. Jongin must be there, he thinks before locking the door, placing his briefcase and both keys of his car and flat there and walking inside. True to his thoughts, Jongin is there, sleeping safe and sound on the sofa.

 

A small blanket that barely covers his frame is around Jongin, Junmyeon smiles fondly, eyes catching the steady rhythm of his baby’s sound breathing. He kneels in front of Jongin, brushes aside the fringes falling over his eyes and places a kiss to beautiful pouty lips mumbling in sleep. Jongin wakes up at the intimate contact as if he knows who those lips belong to. He stares at Junmyeon silently for the first few seconds before smiling a sleepy smile.

 

“Hey,” Junmyeon whispers, placing a hand over Jongin’s swollen belly, before placing a peck to the younger’s forehead.

 

“Hi,” Jongin answers, quickly sitting up with Junmyeon’s help. “When did you come back?”

 

“Just now.” Junmyeon has always loved touching Jongin’s cheek; it’s soft to touch. “I told you to keep your phone by your side, why didn’t you—” Junmyeon looks back when Jongin asks him to, sighs a little before turning to Jongin. “Battery is low?”

 

“Very low,” Jongin corrects, giving a small laugh at Junmyeon’s expression. “It was dead; I switched it on some time later, but forgot to increase the volume.” Then he pokes Junmyeon on his cheek, apologizing a little, “did you call a lot?”

 

“Not less than a hundred times, to be honest—how’s baby?”

 

“Fine, they were missing their daddy,”

 

“Oh,” Junmyeon smiles, tension bleeding out of his body. “Their daddy missed them too.” He presses a kiss to Jongin’s swollen belly and then looks up at his husband. “Did you have dinner yet?”

 

“I did, I made some for you too. Go, fresh up, then eat fast and let’s go to sleep. I am sleepy as hell.” He yawns a little, proves Junmyeon that he, in fact, is sleepy and not joking. “See, go make it fast.”

 

“Fine, fine, darling,” Junmyeon teases.

 

“Don’t call me that!” Jongin points to the couch he is sitting on, “or else sleep here for the rest of the week.”

 

“I won’t say anything, happy?”

 

“Happy,” Jongin hums, squealing a little when Junmyeon steals a kiss from him.

 

“Gotta go, I don’t want my baby to wait more.” Junmyeon laughs at the look Jongin passes him before walking toward their bedroom for some fresh comfortable clothes to change into.

 

 

 

 

“How was it?”

 

“What, dinner?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin hums, locking his hand around Junmyeon’s on his belly. The bedroom is dark; it scares Jongin how everything is silent around them. He asks Junmyeon to hug him tighter from behind; Junmyeon does, knowing well about Jongin’s fear of the dark.

 

“It was, as always, delicious.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” Jongin frowns. “I remember burning some. Don’t lie to me.”

 

Junmyeon coughs a little. “I was just trying to be grateful. Jongin, you are pregnant and despite that, you spend so much time in making sure that I am okay, I should be grateful at the least.” Jongin feels a press of kiss on the back of his neck. “Besides whatever you cook will always be heaven for me. You know why.”

 

“Nope,” Jongin answers with a teasing smile. He snuggles closer to Junmyeon, Junmyeon tells him to stop already otherwise he will ultimately push Junmyeon out of the bed. Jongin apologizes.

 

“Because I love you, silly,” Junmyeon says, ruffling Jongin’s hair with his free hand. “You’re not going to tell me.”

 

“What do you want me to tell you—let me sleep?” Jongin yawns; Junmyeon imagines the pout on his husband’s lips.

 

“Tell me you love me.” Jongin doesn’t answer; Junmyeon knows Jongin is teasing him. He decides to tease his lover back. “There’s this guy in my office; he is kind of—”

 

“What are you saying?” Jongin gasps, turning around to look at Junmyeon in the dark. Although nothing is visible, Jongin still hopes Junmyeon knows how angry he is right now. “Who are you talking about—I am coming to your office tomorrow.”

 

Junmyeon laughs. “It’s no one—no, really, I promise. I was just teasing you.”

 

“Really, you promise that you don’t ogle guys in your office.”

 

“I swear on my life, I do not.” Jongin feels a press of a hand on his cheek. “Tell me you love me,” Junmyeon begins, “otherwise I will start ogling guys—”

 

I love you!” Jongin shouts, Junmyeon laughs. “Please, don’t go around ogling guys. Don’t leave me.”

 

“I won’t, silly, you’re the only one.”

 

“You promise?”

 

“I swear on my life.”


 

i swear on my life. no fluff from now on. just angst, i am dying to write angst, God. TT TT