[Sekai] Little Jonginnie

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots

 

Little Jonginnie

 

Prompt—Little Jonginnie is upset with his daddy and there’s no way that would make him fall in love with his daddy. Except, his favorite chocolates and his daddy’s sweet promises.

Note (s)—No, again, this is not a one-shot. Little Jonginnie is little Jonginnie, the baby Jonginnie. I am falling in love with baby Jongin and oh my God, there’s no going back now. Although, I will say that this was not inspired by anything, I still find this fanart that I decided to include something inspired from that. Credit to the talented owner. 

Read on AO3


 

“I am sorry, Jonginnie, I promise I didn’t mean to be this late.”

 

“You said that last time too, I am bored of that excuse already.” The boy huffs, crossing his small arms over his chest. He looks up straight into his daddy’s eyes so that he knows that he is really upset and serious this time. “This was the annual recital. I even won the first place but you were not there.” Tears appear in the boy’s eyes and Sehun panics, quickly crouching down at his son’s level. “Everyone came, every single parent, but you didn’t.”

 

“Jonginnie,” Sehun coos, wiping away the fallen tears on the boy’s chubby cheeks with the pad of his thumbs. “It was my mistake, I know. I am so sorry for being a bad daddy.” His tone is regretful and apologetic. He hopes that his baby understands that how sorry he actually is. “Just one chance and daddy will make up for it. Look,” he stops, pulling out his phone, “I even asked your teacher to record your poem and she did and sent me the video.”

 

“I promise we will watch this together this evening. What do you say?”

 

Nothing. The boy shakes his head, his cute sniffing loud in the silent ambiance of the school. It’s not until his son takes a step back that he realizes that there’s another presence than them. A boy, probably older than his own son, stands behind Jongin looking genuinely upset and awkward.

 

“Oh hello there. Sorry I didn’t see you earlier.” Which was completely unnecessary, but what’s said is said.

 

“This is Chanyeol hyung,” his son introduces, a wide smile blooming his lips now. “Daddy this is Chanyeol hyung and Chanyeol hyung this is my daddy.”

 

“Hello, Mr. Oh.” The boy bows and Sehun pats him on his shoulder.

 

“Good manners, kid.”

 

“When you didn't come for Nini, Chanyeol hyung did. He cheered for Nini, he clapped for Nini and he kissed Nini like Daddy.”

 

“Kissed?” Sehun frowns at the other boy, Chanyeol, realizing that the glare is directed at him, coughs.

 

“A kiss on the cheek, Mr. Oh, like they do in the dramas.”

 

“Then you shouldn't go around watching dramas at this age, young man.”

 

“But I am twelve already. I know what means what.” Chanyeol tilts his head a little, resembling a puppy. “Mom says that there's no wrong in watching dramas. And mom is always right.”

 

“Is that so?” Jongin asks, pouting a little and looking up at the elder student with watery eyes.

 

“Yes, mothers are always right. They know best, even more than daddies.”

 

“...but,” Jongin says, shedding a few tears and Sehun’s heart breaks realizing what his son must be thinking at the moment. “My daddy knows better.” He says at last. Something warm blooms in Sehun’s heart and he doesn't take long to place a quick kiss to his boy's head. “My mommy doesn't love me. She doesn't love daddy too, so she is a bad woman.”

 

“Oh, that's so wrong. She is bad then. No one can hate someone as cute as you, Nini.”

 

“Isn't it?” Jongin asks, giggling adorably. “I know I am cute and adorable and if mommy doesn't love me, that's her loss.” He looks at his daddy, smiling widely. “Its mommy's loss, isn't it daddy?”

 

“It is, baby.” Sehun smiles, ruffling the boy’s soft hair before looking back at Chanyeol. “Thank you so much, Chanyeol, for being there for Jonginnie.”

 

The boy rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. “Welcome, Mr. Oh, but you don’t need to thank me. I’ll always be there for Nini.”

 

O-okay. Sehun clears his throat, standing up again and gently nudging Jongin on his shoulder. “Let’s go.”

 

“Okay but take Chanyeol hyung with us too, please daddy.” The boy looks back at his hyung, showing him his infamous puppy eyes. “Chanyeol hyung, daddy will drop you at your home.”

 

“Oh no.” Chanyeol shakes his head. “I’ll walk to my home.”

 

“Why?”

 

Pink dust Chanyeol’s cheeks and Sehun wonders why, well until the boy opens his mouth. “I want to be a strong boy so when I grow up I turn into a much stronger man for you.”

 

Jongin giggles. “For me?” He repeats.

 

“Yes.” Chanyeol nods. “So when I will be a strong man then I’ll be able to protect you from all bad people. Then I’ll be your man.”

 

Jongin giggles and Chanyeol laughs. Sehun’s eye twitches. Is this Chanyeol kid actually hitting on his baby?

 

“… and then I’ll have these big arms and I’ll be like your daddy!”

 

“Like daddy! Wahhh,” Jongin blinks, staring at his daddy and then his hyung. “That will be so awesome, hyung.”

 

“Yes, it will be.” Chanyeol nods, stepping a little back and bowing once again to Sehun. “Congratulations again, Nini, I should go now. Otherwise, mommy will go crazy.”

 

“Thank you so much, hyung.” Jongin steps a little ahead and gets on his tip-toes to place a kiss to his hyung’s cheek. “Call me when you reach home, we will talk a lot.”

 

“Sure, I will Nini.” With a quick bow to Sehun again, the boy turns around and starts jogging in a direction.

 

Sehun stands there for first few minutes wondering what’s wrong with this generation. These kids can barely wash their butts after pooping and here they are, flirting as if they are adults. He shakes his head then scoffs a little, then mentally decides to make sure that this Chanyeol stays away from his innocent baby. What a flirt, if he’s this much of a flirt right now, at this young age, he wonders what he would be when he would grow up.

 

He walks back inside the car, staring at his son for a few seconds before starting the engine.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongin, you never told me that you have an older friend.”

 

The boy doesn’t answer, staring out of the window. Sehun rolls his eyes, before poking his son on his waist with his free hand. “Jongin, I’ve taught you when elders talk to you, you’ve to reply to them.”

 

The boy huffs a cute huff before looking back at him. “Yes, Chanyeol hyung is my friend. He is my friend since last year.”

 

“And?”

 

“… and,” the boy stops, staring up then nodding at him excitedly. “Chanyeol hyung is now the captain of our school team. It’s so cool, isn’t it? I will always support him and Chanyeol hyung says that I am his favorite cheerleader.”

 

“But you are not a cheerleader.”

 

“Yes, I am not. I tell Chanyeol hyung the same thing but he never tells me why he doesn’t believe me.”

 

“That’s cool.” Sehun nods, answering his baby’s previous question. “I was a captain too when I was in college.”

 

“Football captain?”

 

“Yes,” Sehun answers, proud of himself. “Our team was the best team.”

 

“Wahhh.” Jongin giggles, covering his small mouth with his small hand. “Daddy was so cool.”

 

“Daddy is still cool, baby.”

 

“Maybe.” The boy nods, yawing a little. His nose scrunches a little and Sehun coos at his adorable son, ruffling the boy’s hair.

 

“Oh, and by the way, I bought your favorite Hot Chocolate, here.” The boy nods, quickly taking it from his daddy’s hand and taking the first sip.

 

“Wahhh, this is so awesome, daddy. Thank you.”

 

*

 

Jongin, Sehun would say, has some kind of brain problems. One moment, the boy is happy and excited and then the next moment, he becomes all grumpy. Much to Sehun’s dismay, he doesn’t understand what he did wrong to get cold shoulders from his only family. Sometimes, he would ask Jongin about his mistake (that he himself isn’t aware of) and apologize to his baby, but sometimes he just won’t and let his baby to himself. No matter what, the boy comes back to him at the end of the day—only after annoying the out of Sehun.

 

“Your son is such a brat. He is a cute brat, so I will let this one slip away.” Baekhyun had said when Jongin had managed to break his expensive set of glasses.

 

Like right now, he doesn’t know what he did wrong but here he is coaxing Jongin to eat his dinner already. Tomorrow is Sunday, so it’s not exactly a big deal but his baby needs to have something in his stomach right now. He hasn’t eaten anything since he came back from school in the afternoon.

 

“Jongin—”

 

“No.”

 

“Nin—”

 

“No, no, no, I will not eat.”

 

Sehun sighs and bites the inside of his cheek to restrain his anger within himself before speaking in the sternest tone he could use for his rebel of a child. “Eat now.”

 

Jongin looks taken aback by his tone and Sehun expects him to burst into tears soon. The boy does, no wonder. “Just say that you don’t love Nini anymore!”

 

“Why do you even want me to say that?” He asks, frowning before placing the plate on the table beside Jongin’s bed. “Jongin, baby, why would you say so?”

 

“Because I know that daddy doesn’t love me anymore.” The boy claims, wiping the tears off of his chubby cheeks and not allowing his daddy to touch him. “Chanyeol hyung’s mummy says that if you really love someone then you make time f-for them. But I know that you don’t because you’re always busy and never come to any of Nini’s program. Nini is so sad.”

 

The boy then takes his much larger hands in his much smaller ones and Sehun seriously doesn’t know if he should coo, laugh or cry at his son’s adorable behavior. “Daddy tell Nini what he did wrong. Don’t leave Nini, Nini loves daddy a lot. Daddy should love Nini too.”

 

“Oh Jonginnie,” he settles for cooing in the end, pulling his small baby in his lap and wrapping his arms around his small five-year-olds frame. “Jonginnie is daddy’s only family; his universe. Why daddy won’t love his baby? Daddy would be an idiot if he didn’t?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course, yes.” He lays back on the bed, pulling his baby over his chest and peering at his small frame in adoration.

 

“Yes, that’s right.” Jongin nods. “Daddy will be in loss if daddy left Jonginnie. Like mummy.”

 

Sehun laughs, Jongin’s small frame shakes above him and the boy giggles adorably, hugging his daddy to his chest. “But Nini doesn’t love daddy anymore.”

 

“Why?” Sehun asks, playing along. He knows where this is going.

 

The boy tucks his chin on Sehun’s chest, pouting at him a little. “I want my favorite chocolates from daddy. My favorite plushies too.”

 

“Chocolates okay, done. But you already have so many plushies, why do you want more?”

 

“Because I want more so I want more.” The boy replies in his bratty tone, sitting back on his daddy’s chest. “Also, promise me that you will come to school next week.”

 

“Why, what’s the occasion?” He asks, tucking a strand of soft, black hair behind his son’s small, cute ear.

 

“Father’s day.” The boy answers a cute frown on his equally cute face. “Daddy, I want to tell the whole school that my daddy is the world’s best daddy!”

 

“Oh, is that so?” Sehun smiles, pulling his son down for a quick bear hug. Jongin is so small in his arms that a part of him doesn’t even want to let go of him. “I didn’t know I am the world’s best daddy until now.”

 

“Oh, you are. You’re Jonginnie’s daddy and Jonginnie’s daddy will always be the world’s best daddy.”

 

“Then you’re world’s best son. The most adorable boy ever and—”

 

“Daddy.” The boy yawns, getting up from his chest and sitting next to him on the bed. He points to his now open mouth with his small, cute finger. “Nini is hungry.”

 

“Oh.” Sehun nods, surprisingly not getting annoyed at his son for cutting him off earlier. “Sure, let daddy bring the plate here.” He sits up on the bed, takes the plate in his hand.

 

Again vegetables? Daddy, don’t you know how to cook something else?”

 

“Jonginnie, daddy knows everything but vegetables—”

 

“Oh, daddy, tell me why every good thing tastes so bad.”

 

“I don’t know, baby, I really don’t know why.”

 

“Daddy, okay, fine. Please find out so that Nini find out too why it is important to eat vegetables every day.”

 

“Okay, I will. First, eat.”

 

“Do I really have to eat?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay, daddy, but you’re so cruel for doing this to your Nini.”

 

“That’s because I love Nini and I want the best for him.”

 

“Nini loves daddy too. So daddy will do best for Nini?”

 

“Yes, no doubt.”

 

 

 

“Then daddy can Nini marry Chanyeol hyung when he grows up?”

 

Sehun chokes on his own mouthful of food. Jongin shakes his head in disappointment and a cute grimace settles over his face. “Eww, daddy, you aren’t even funny.”

 

The boy passes his own unused handkerchief, Sehun takes it with a small apology to his son. “Oh, what am I going to do with you, daddy?” The kid wonders aloud.


 

I just wanted to write a sekai version of baby Jongin after I dropped the idea of finishing my long one-shot about another baby Jongin story that most of you, hopefully, remember. That sekai baby! Jongin soulmate au will take some time to finish, though.