[Sekai] To Love Abundantly

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots

 

To Love Abundantly

 

Prompt—“Rival CEOs who are lovers in private” AU.

 

Note (s)—I wrote first one-shot inspired by this  ohsekaix’s prompt on Instagram. I thought of making this longer than what it actually came out as but then thought that it would only end up creating unnecessary drama that I do not wish to put here. I don’t want my readers (especially Sora di) to sleep on this, lol.

 

Oh, and yes, I hope you like it, di. Also, I tend to mold the prompts in the way I deem perfect so I hope that this doesn’t turn far from what you have in your mind. Besides that, I hope that you all like this. Oh, that and even though there will be a few moments where you will feel like sekai’s going to go down and dirty… that won’t happen because honestly, I can’t write to save a life.

 

Read on AO3.


 

“To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.”

 

~Henry Drummond

 

“What happened?” It came out barely as a whisper but Jongin heard it in the silence of the night anyway. He sighed at the first touch of soft lips pressed against the bare skin of his neck, the touch inevitably sending a tingle down his spine. “Something’s bothering you?”

 

Jongin shook his head gently, silently wondering why Sehun even bothered to ask him anything when everything was so obvious. “Nothing, what would bother me anyway? That the person that I love is about to get married to a beautiful lady that almost half of Korea desires. That I cannot do anything but let it happen because I know very well that I am nothing in comparison to her. Ah, no then there’s nothing that’s bothering me.”

 

Sehun sighed from behind him, unwrapping his strong arms from the other’s waist so that he could turn him around and whisper words of apology and love that he is hiding in his heart for so long—since his father announced the news to him this morning. “Do you really think that I am not worried about it? Or that I would allow that to happen in the first place?”

 

“At least, you do not look worried at all, Sehun,” Jongin whispers, small tears gathering in his beautiful orbs before running down his slightly chubby cheeks. The moonlight falling on his face makes him look ethereal, makes Sehun believe that angels, after all, are real. “I’ve never allowed my father to go and find someone for me because I know that I wouldn’t be able to live without y-you. I do not wish to marry anyone but you, Sehun. I would rather die—” A small reassuring kiss to his pink lips is what it takes the sob to come out of his mouth. Fear remains, it was always there since the beginning of this all but now… now, everything seems to come alive in front of his own eyes. It scares Jongin furthermore, makes him want to curl into a ball and spend the rest of his life locked in inside his bedroom.

 

Sehun rubs the tears off his face, as gentle as ever with him. “I can never let that happen, baby. I am yours as much as you’re mine. No one can ever come between the two of us, I won’t allow that.” Sehun shakes his head. “I can never allow that. I will rather die than marry someone that’s not you. I will rather die than allowing someone to take your place in my heart and in my life.”

 

A reassuring kiss to the smaller’s forehead, a peck on his cheek and then his lips. “Besides, who told you that you are less beautiful than her? If someone did then they must be an idiot, a blind who I loathe.” Sehun widens his eyes for a second, a funny look on his face makes the other burst into beautiful giggles, the sound—melodious sound—soothing to Sehun’s ears. “Don’t tell me that I need to tell you that whole Korea is running after you, Jongin. Please, don’t make me say so, you know how jealous I get thinking about all these things.”

 

Jongin giggles. “You too, Mr. Oh, you’re more desired than me.” Then with a sad smile, he speaks, “Even Irene sounded whipped for you when you talked to her earlier.” Sehun doesn’t bother to stretch the topic, it’s only ruining their night as if it already didn’t. Before he could open his mouth to speak something else or at least, change the topic Jongin begins again,

 

“You will not let that happen, right Sehun? Please, promise me.”

 

“I will never,” Sehun promises, “I will never let that happen Jongin.”

 

A brief look into Sehun’s sincere eyes and it’s all that takes Jongin to lean up to kiss the man he had always wanted in his life, no one but Oh Sehun. Sehun doesn’t stay behind Jongin, picks the latter in his arms, lips locked tight never letting go of each other as he blindly makes his way to the bed. “I love you,” he whispers, gently dropping Jongin on the soft mattress before hovering over his smaller frame, soft shivers running down his spine at the gentle touch of Jongin on his clothed chest.

 

It doesn't take long for Sehun to quickly get rid of Jongin’s clothes or his own for the matter, leaving them as as the day they were born. Jongin’s skin feels soft and smooth under his calloused palms as he runs them up and down and here and there on the other man's frame.

 

“I love you too,” Jongin says with a sweet giggle that quickly changes into a soft moan at the hot touch of Sehun's perfect lips on his sensitive .

 

Sehun tells him, makes him believe that there's no human as beautiful as him in the entire world, not anyone as desired as him. Not lovable as him as he makes love to him, voice so sincere that it brings tears to Jongin’s eyes. Small tears that he kisses away with the soft touch of his lips.

 

*

 

“I can't believe that Oh’s can be that smart.” Mr. Kim’s eyes were hard, it was nearly impossible for Jongin to look into his own father's eyes. It was almost, to some extent, disgusting—they way they 'deal’ with their arch enemies. “Losers. Cowards.”

 

“It was clearly a sagacious move, father,” Junmyeon speaks from the other side, eyes as narrowed and dark as their father's. “They are in this line even before us, they know how to get public attention back on them.” He stops before continuing, “Marrying Sehun with Irene, one of the highly paid actresses in Korea, is a smart move. Both sides are in profit, in some way or another.”

 

“What are you doing, Jongin? You're the CEO. It's your responsibility, why do we have to get ourselves involved in this mess?!”

 

“What do you want me to do in the first place?” Jongin bites back. “It's not like I can… break their marriage or something.” He shakes his head, gulping down the bile in his throat at the acceptance of the reality.

 

“Clearly there is something,” Mr. Kim speaks, low in his throat, “if only you hadn't accepted the fact that you are gay in front of the whole goddamn world! We could have said that Irene slept with you, we could have accused—”

 

“Even if I weren't, I wouldn't have done that anyway,” Jongin snaps. “Besides, why do you care anyway? Why can't we focus on our own company and, I don't know, deal—”

 

This is exactly why I told your mother that Jongin will do nothing even after being someone as important as CEO. I wish I had another option so that I could make someone else or even Junmyeon the CEO. It was just an unfortunate decision.” Junmyeon purses his lips in a thin line staring back at Jongin’s shaking frame.

 

“Father, I don't think,” Junnyeon begins, trying to get his father's attention back on him only to no avail. “Jongin has been good so far. Our company has earned double profits in the past three years—”

 

“That's because you were there to save his sorry .” The man loses all sort of patience, mouth forming unacceptable curses for his own blood. “If only you weren't involved in that car accident. If only he wasn't driving the car. He has always been an unfortunate and ungrateful child to us and nothing else.”

 

The room turns silent and a part of Jongin nearly bursts into tears, another part stops that. He can't cry in front of the man that will only prove how much of an ‘irresponsible’ CEO he actually is. He holds back the tears and the sudden need to be back in the safety of Sehun's arms.

 

“If this continued for even another week, we will be doomed. They are already earning a lot of profits than us, the news is making it pretty worse than before.”

 

“What about that news?” Mr. Kim suddenly begins, eyes shut in concentration as if trying to remember something. “Wu Yifan? The man who admitted a few days ago that he is gay.”

 

“The owner of Wu Entertainment, yeah, what about that?”

 

Mr. Kim shakes his head for a mere second before his lips lit into a smile. It's sinister. Both Jongin and Junmyeon knows that it means no good.

 

*

 

Harsh lights of the television nearly make him blind but Jongin doesn't give up on looking straight into it, even though he knows that he mind is anywhere but there. A change of channel and the most dreadful news shatters his heart—

 

“The CEO of Oh Corps has already announced his wedding with one of the most loved actresses of the country. According to the insiders, it's expected that their engagement will take place within the next two weeks…”

 

“That's not true,” Junmyeon says but doesn't change the channel as if waiting for another groundbreaking news to come. Both know what it is. “Oh Sehun hasn't accepted it, at least, not in public. That was his father.” Jongin does not answer, blurred eyes staring at Sehun’s pictures and then at Irene's. Oh, what a beautiful couple they make, a traitor inside him laughs, at least, better than him and you.

 

The second groundbreaking news follows soon—

 

“...Kim Jongin, counted as one of the many beautiful bachelors of the country, is supposedly arranged to marry Wu Yifan, CEO of Wu Entertainment. The news didn't come out until a few hours ago where Mr. Kim, Mr. Kim Jongin’s father, was seen with Mr. Wu outside of an expensive restaurant…”

 

“Sometimes, I hate this life of mine.”

 

“More than me? Probably not.” Jongin chuckles and it sounds sad to Junmyeon’s ears as if dipped into melancholy. “Ah, I hate this so much—”

 

“I knew there was something going between Sehun and you,” Junmyeon says, smiling slightly at something that he stares for a few long seconds. Jongin follows his gaze, cursing under his breath before quickly hiding the frame under the duvet. Junmyeon chuckles. “Why are you hiding it, baby brother? You two look cute together, perfect.”

 

“Uh, it was nothing.” Jongin blushes. “W-we are just… friends.”

 

Junmyeon laughs, slapping him hard on his back. Jongin winces in pain. “Oh my god, Jongin, please. Friends don't kiss each other nor they other's —wait,” Junmyeon frowns, tone playfully darkening. “Give me his number, let me call him and ask him ‘how did you dare to touch my baby like a ert?!”’

 

Hyung!” Jongin whines. “You are so embarrassing.”

 

“Just kidding!” Junmyeon playfully raises his arms in the air, a small smile on his lips. “I am sorry that you have to go through so much, Jongin.” He says, diverting his gaze from his younger brother's. “I wish I could turn back time and—”

 

“And then what hyung? Whatever happened already happened. Now, look, Sehun is going to marry then I will marry that scary guy and then you will be the CEO as father has always wanted you to be. Everything… will be settled.”

 

“Hey, Jongin,” Junmyeon whispers, rough hands cupping his cheeks. “Don't think like that. We will find a solution to this.”

 

“What, hyung? Sehun said so too, he said that he will make sure that that doesn't happen. But look, the news is already out. They will be engaged within two weeks.” A sob threatens to come out of his chest. “I-I don't want anything of this.”

 

“Then run away.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Run away,” Junmyeon says with a little shrug, tone as casual as if he just said something remotely normal. “You remember, I bought a house in the countryside? Why don't you two run away and—”

 

“You must be kidding me.”

 

“I am not. I am not kidding this time.”

 

“That makes no sense—”

 

“That makes sense. Like, you two can run away during Sehun’s engagement or before that. I have a house in the countryside, look, it's only going to end up creating a big scandal but at least, you too will be happy.”

 

To Jongin’s tired mind, the idea sounds good when taken into consideration. To Jongin’s tired, scared and sad mind the idea sounds perfect.

 

Even though it's, most probably, not.

 

*

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Jongin, whatever you saw today was fake, okay? I-I can still change everything. It's still under my control. Don't worry.”

 

“They said you agreed.”

 

“Do you really think that that's true? Jongin, trust me—”

 

“I do not want to marry Yifan!” Jongin screams, tears rushing down his cheeks.

 

Sehun is silent from the other side for a few seconds, “what do you mean you don't want to marry Yifan? Jongin, what's happening?”

 

“I do not want to marry him, Sehun. He looks so scary and serious, I-I just saw him for a mere five minutes, Sehun, a-and I am scared, I am really scared. P-please—”

 

“Jongin, calm down—”

 

“We only shook hand for a few seconds, Sehun and I just don't like his touch. His hand was so rough and big, it scared me how small I was looking beside him. His e-eyes Sehun, they look so… so scary, he looks so scary—”

 

“Baby, just calm down. For me, calm down, —” Jongin can imagine Sehun running his hand through his hair, messing his usually styled black locks. “Jongin? Calm down and tell me what happened. Why are we suddenly talking about Yifan?”

 

“Did you not watch the news, Sehun?” Sehun mutters a low apology, hastily speaking that he doesn't like watching the news. Jongin chokes back on tears, voice nearly muffled. “My father wants me to marry Wu Yifan, Sehun. Ap-apparently, this will create bigger news than your wedding's…because w-we will be ‘supporting’ LGBT community and it will benefit our companies.”

 

“Sehun, I don't want to do this, please, let’s run away.”

 

“Jongin,” Sehun says after a few seconds in the soft tone, soothing, and deep voice calming down his nerves. “Can I come to your place? Would that be alright?”

 

Jongin shakes his head. “No, Junmyeon hyung’s here you cannot.”

 

“So, can we meet tomorrow?”

 

“N-no, I have to meet Yifan.”

 

“Why?” Sehun sighs from the other side. “Okay, where is Junmyeon right now?”

 

“He is in the guest room, he is sleeping alone even though I asked him to sleep with me!” Jongin’s lips change in an unconscious pout, the problem forgotten for a few seconds.

 

Sehun chuckles from the other side, probably relieved that Jongin sounds calm than before. “You have grown up Jongin, of course, he is not going to sleep with you.”

 

“Hey, Jongin?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I am going to hang up now, we will talk later, yeah?

 

A wave of insecurity courses through his brain but before he could even mutter a single word; Sehun hangs up.

 

*

 

Jongin wakes up to the sound of urgent knocks on the window of his bedroom. In his sleepy state and his barely opened eyes, he reads the time. 2:00 AM. Another knock and it’s not until he sees a very familiar figureno matter how grotesque it looks in his sleepy state or because of the insane darkness; he canthat he practically rushes to the said window.

“You’re always so sleepy, sleepyhead.” Sehun chuckles from the other side, voice sounding impatient as Jongin takes his sweet time to open the window. “Jongin, you have to open it right now otherwise, I will be dead—”

 

Shut up,” Jongin hisses, “look it’s opened, come in. What are you doing at this hour?”

 

Sehun huffs, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand before pulling Jongin in a bear hug, strong arms caging the other’s sleepy body with his. “Oh my God, you’re so hot.”

 

“What the hell, Sehun?” Jongin laughs, sighing and hugging the other back. It feels like home, being in Sehun’s arms feel like home.

 

“No, not in that way, I mean you’re hot. Like, were you sleeping?”

 

“No, I was walking around the house like a freaking ghost.” He rolls his eyes. “Why are you here anyway?”

 

“Nothing,” Jongin could feel the gulp that Sehun takes on his cheek, he fists the other’s jacket wondering all along what he’s thinking. “Just thought that I should be here. I read the news, Jongin.”

 

“What are we going to do, Sehun?”

 

“I don’t know. Should I talk to your father? Would he listen to me, at all? Should I cancel my wedding with Irene? Would your father agree? Would Yifan agree?”

 

“It’s impossible, isn’t it?”

 

“No, it isn’t.”

 

*

 

It’s Saturday evening, means a meeting with Wu Yifan himself.

 

The man looks more intimidating in person, if possible that is. His face remains impassive, devoid of any emotion if he’s feeling in the first place. Sharp eyes never leave his form as they stare straight into Jongin’s eyes or his face because the latter is not brave enough to look into the other’s eyes for even five seconds straight. The suit that he’s wearingArmani, no doubt, as himgives him more of an authoritative kind of look even in the restaurant that they are currently sitting in, at least, more than Jongin. A part of Jongin decides that Yifan fits better in a suit.

 

“Didn’t know that CEOs can be married off to other CEOs until now,” says Yifan, a smile blooming on his lips and even though it looks better than before, Jongin can’t help but wonder if it’s fake or real. “At least, you’re a beautiful catch.”

 

Jongin gives him a tight-lipped smile, wondering if he should get straight to the point. Although the thought of actually speaking what he wants to speak scare the hell out of him, he can’t help but brave himself a little. For Sehun, whispers something inside him, for Sehun and you.

 

“I feel like you wish to say something, what is it—oh! Wait, I forgot.” The man shuffles a little, pulling out something from his suit pocket before urging Jongin to stretch his hand. Jongin does, a little hesitantly. Yifan smiles, and it’s strangely fond for someone who he is meeting only for the second time. “Here” Yifan places a small box into his palm, his bigger hand nearly swallowing Jongin’s relatively smaller one.

 

Jongin smiles, bashful, before looking up into the other’s eyes. “For me?”

 

“Yes,” he answers, “I’ve been meaning to give this to you since a long time ago, but I got the chance today, so” he stops, shrugging a little.

 

“A long time ago?”

 

“Yes, when I first saw you but—oh no, don’t open it now. Open it when you are alone, I mean in your homea few years ago. I saw you in a meeting.”

 

Jongin’s lips form an ‘o’ shape, understanding where the fond smile came from. Now that he knows about it, he feels a little shy under Yifan’s now soft looks and fond smiles. It almost makes him want to bring the topic some other time.

 

“I was a little surprised when Mr. Kim came with the proposal to my company. It surprised me a little, to be honest, but more than that, I was happy. I felt happy when he said that you agree too and you’re okay with

 

“I am sorry, but I never said something like that.” His words bring an awkward silence between them. Jongin nervously fiddles with the small box in his hands, looking down at his lap. He, once again, feels small under Yifan’s gaze. “It was imposed on me, I never thought that this would happen in the first place being a CEO and all but seeing father’s love for Junmyeon hyung, I can understand that. My father bought this whole deal in the middle of nowhere, we were just talking about… the wedding between O-Oh Sehun and Irene and you

 

“Who is that?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“The man, I know that you’re gay, so yeah, who’s that man?”

 

“I-I…”

 

“Oh Sehun, isn’t it? Ah! Thought so.” Yifan hums, getting back in his scary CEO role as he leans against the sofa, muscular arms crossed over his arms. His eyes return back to being dark. “And here I wondered how it is possible for everything to go so smoothly. Not to mention, you looked reluctant enough in coming here with me or how uncomfortable you’re looking right now. Tell me,” Yifan says, “when how it began?”

 

“What—oh! That.” Jongin involuntarily blushes. “Sehun and I met at his birthday party, a few years back, the time when our companies weren’t as big as a rival as today. When each other’s presence was a lot tolerable than today. We danced together that night and even flirted a bit here and there, got drunk and…”

 

“Oh, yeah, I can guess what.” Yifan rolls his eyes.

 

“After that, we started meeting and going on dates. A few months later, in August, he proposed to me and since then we are together.”

 

“So… you love him?” Yifan asks a few moments later.

 

“I do.”

 

“He does too?”

 

“He does.”

 

“What if I didn’t allow? What if Sehun didn’t cancel his engagement with Irene? What if I didn’t cancel our wedding that’s due in a month?”

 

“Sehun won’t marry, he promised me,” answers he, “and I will rather die than

 

“Oh, come on, don’t be so dramatic.” Yifan rolls his eyes again, huffing a little before cursing a little under his breath. “I am not canceling the wedding.” He stands up, Jongin follows him. “You better get ready for our wedding within two weeks. I will make sure that we marry within two weeks.” He walks to the door of the private room, hand clasped so tight around the handle that his already white knuckles turn whiter, if possible. “About Sehun, I am sure that you will get over him in no time. It’s just a phase, it will pass in a blink of an eye.”

 

“Take care.” With that, he is out.

 

*

 

“He said that it’s a phase and it will pass away in no time.”

 

Sehun chuckles from the other side. It’s humorless. “As if he knows better than you and me. I don’t think if I am a phase unless you think sokidding, Jongin,” he apologizes, seeing the anger in Jongin’s eyes. “Of course, I am kidding, babe.”

 

“What else did he say?”

 

“That I better get ready for our wedding. He is changing the wedding date, he is saying that he will make sure… that we get married within two weeks.”

 

“You know what?” Sehun says, “We had a fight?”

 

“We? Who we?”

 

“Yifan and me, or who else?”

 

“Why? Did he hurt you?”

 

“Of course, not. I will never allow him to ruin my handsome face.” He chuckles, taking Jongin’s slightly smaller hands in his own, kissing the knuckles before continuing, “He came and demanded that I stay away from you and yeah, the same. Told you, you’re more desirable.”

 

Jongin sighs, curling around Sehun’s larger frame so that Sehun could be the ‘big spoon’ (as he says). “Then, I don’t want to be desirable at all.”

 

“Which is not possible at all,” Sehun says with a chuckle.

 

“Jongin?” Sehun calls after about ten minutes, voice merely a whisper in the dark night. “Let’s do something thrilling next week, what do you think?”

 

Jongin hums even though he has no idea what Sehun’s talking about.

 

*

 

It’s Friday, the day Sehun will be engaged to Irene.

 

It’s Friday, its Sehun’s engagement, Sehun is supposed to be at the reception hall but… he’s with Jongin.

 

 

 

“What do you think, how much time would it take to reach there?”

 

“I don’t know, it’s been time since I went there.”

 

“According to my GPS, not more than two hours.”

 

“Two hours more? We are basically in this car for three hours straight.”

 

“If you want to rest, go rest in the backseat. I will drive.”

 

“But, I don’t wanna.”

 

“Then stay silent and let me drive.”

 

“But, I don’t wanna stay silent—wait! Should I call Junmyeon hyung and ask him what’s happening there.”

 

“No, not now.” Sehun shakes his head, looking down at the watch on his wrist. “Sometime later

 

“Oopsie,” Jongin giggles. “I already called and he already picked up.” The boy then places the phone near his ear, placing a finger over his lips when Sehun only sighs. “Hey, hyungon the loudspeaker, oh, wait.”

 

“Idiots,” Junmyeon begins, “why you didn’t tell me what you two were planning.”

 

“It wasn’t planned, Junmyeon,” Sehun explains for Jongin. “I just couldn’t handle

 

“So you decided to run away. Why, aren’t you brave enough to fight for your love?” When silence follows his words, Junmyeon nervously chuckles from the other side. “Kidding, chill. Besides, I was the one who told Jongin to go to the countryside, you two are going there, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, to that one,” Jongin begins, “hyung, what’s happening there? Is it a… mess?”

 

“I won’t lie,” Junmyeon hums, “its chaos here. The groom is missing, it’s apparently funny that the bride is here but the groom is missing and what’s funnier is that another bachelor is missing too. Its chaos here, believe me.”

 

“Do we need to come back?”

 

“What? Are you dumb, Jongin? Sehun, tell Jongin that he is dumb. Besides, tell you what, I will call you later. Dad can find out and one more thing, throw your sim away. I hope you bought a new one.”

 

“We did, I will message you with the new number.”

 

“Okay, that’s great. I should go. Call me when you reach there, okay?”

 

“Yeah we will,” Sehun says, looking at the phone before straight ahead. “Thank you, Junmyeon.”

 

“Ah, no that’s nothing. I am just doing this for my baby brother but before I jump on all sad stories, I need to tell you that you should not, under any circumstance, hurt Jongin, get that?”

 

“Yeah, I will never.”

 

“And no, I am not going to tell any sad stories now. I have to look after the mess but hey, look at the bright side. Everything’s settled and who knows, if our father put me under the same circumstance, I run away like you.” Junmyeon chuckles. “Okay, I should go now. Bye, and take care you two.”

 

“Bye, hyung.” Jongin sighs, hanging up before smiling wildly. “I love Junmyeon hyung so much!”

 

“And I love you so much.”

 

“I love you more though.”

 

“No,” Sehun shakes his head, expression serious. “No, I love you more.”

 

“Sehun, please, I love you more.”

 

“No, I do.”

 

“Okay, fine, you love me more. Happy?”

 

“Very.” Sehun smiles, chuckling when Jongin rolls his eyes.

 

 

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Hmm,” Jongin hums.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Oh Sehun.” Jongin giggles, “Besides, I love you more.”

 

“Jongin, not again.”

 

“What? I love you more.”

 

“Fine,” Sehun rolls his eyes. “You love me more. Happy?”

 

“Jongin is happy.”

 


Nothing against Yifan, but personally I think if he didn’t smile or laugh he would look intimidating and scary, especially to someone like me who would barely reach his chest. He is so big, dammit. And yes, Yifan looks ing y in a suitevery Exo member does, but okay.

 

(Jongin looks like a baby with Yifan and even with Chanyeol. I was thinking of keeping Chanyeol in Yifan’s place but apparently, Chanyeol’s ears came into my mind. Lol.)

 

Besides, I think the ending is lame (why my endings are always lame?!), but I just couldn’t think of anything else because my mind’s not creative enough~~