Final

I Can't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you ok?”

Jiwoo nods.

“Here.

Jiwoo smiles and accepts the coffee.

“Thank you Jongup”

Jongup gives her his usual sleepy smile and sits next to her on the bench.

They quietly sit there and watch the people walk by.

“So, are you going to tell me why you are so upset?” Jongup finally asks.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt”, Jiwoo says as she stares at the cup of coffee in her lap.

Jongup hums in reply as he takes a sip of his own coffee.

“I think I need to break up with Matthew”, she says slowly.

“I thought he wasn’t your boyfriend”

“Well…he sort of is but sort of isn’t. It’s hard to explain but I think whatever it is we have, I should let it go”, Jiwoo says.

Jongup hums again in reply.

“I love him but I don’t think he is ready to love me back”, Jiwoo says with a sad smile.

“If it will make you happy then that’s probably what you should do”, Jongup says.

Jiwoo nods.

“But, you know distance makes the heart grow founder”

Jiwoo looks up at Jongup in confusion but he just smiles and points down the road.

“Matthew?”

“Well, I’ll see you at work”, Jongup says and leaves before Jiwoo can register it.

“Hey”, Matthew says as he approaches a stunned Jiwoo.

“What are you doing here?” Jiwoo asks.

“I was actually on my way to your place…”

Matthew had really thought about what Taehyung had said and realised that maybe he did have feelings for Jiwoo. He had thought about how she had smiled at him, laughed at his stupid jokes and just been there for him when he was telling her about Hyuna.

And just now as he had seen the small tender moments of Jiwoo confiding in Jongup, he had felt so jealous.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your date…”

He sounded so dejected and Jiwoo couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“It wasn’t a date, Jongup is a co-worker…and he is practically dating Junhong so don’t even start”

Well that made Matthew feel stupid.

“You don’t have to worry about me, I’m not going on any dates as long as you are with me”, Jiwoo says with a smile.

“Then I hope you are with me forever”, he says softly.

Jiwoo feels her heart skip a beat.

“What?”

 Jiwoo stands up and walks towards him. He is avoiding her gaze though.

“I don’t want to leave your side”, he says.

Jiwoo blinks.

He finally looks at her and she can see that he was sincere.

“The little time we spent apart…nothing made sense. All I did was think of you and I know you were avoiding me because if the kiss and you probably don’t feel the same but I don’t want to leave once this is over”

“Matthew…”

He looks so defeated at this point as if he truly believed that she didn’t want him by her side.

“But I can let you go if you are happier without me…” Matthew says.

“I wouldn’t”, Jiwoo says.

“I won’t be happy without you by my side so don’t even think about it!”

“You want me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter