Finished

Still in Love

Seven whole days, a week, had passed and still not a word from his lover. Jaejoong grew anxious. He looked to his phone every hour wondering if Yunho had called him and he missed it but nothing. He tried to call him but he never picked up.

 

“I’m sure he is just busy. Just wait he will be home soon.” Changmin sat next to his friend as they finished cleaning up.

 

The day had ended and Jaejoong sat on a stool in the kitchen. He didn’t want to go home and be faced with disappointment. He knew Yunho wasn’t home. He pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and looked to the screen. Yunho’s name was absent from it.

 

“I know but it has been a whole week. What if he is just looking for the right way to tell me he wants to break up? What if he is planning to leave me?” Jaejoong shoved the phone back into his pocket.

 

“You both fought hard to be here. Why would he just decided he is done with you? Trust him. I got to go.” Changmin waved as he left.

 

He took a breath. He looked over the empty kitchen that still smelled of the cakes they finished.

 

“He will be back. I am sure of it.” His voice fell amongst the empty pots and pans.

 

He turned off the lights and left as well. When he returned home he noticed it felt different. He couldn’t quite place it but something felt out of place. It was a nagging feeling. He went to the kitchen and found it just as he had left it. He looked to the living room and it was untouched. Still that feeling nagged at him from the back of his subconscious.

 

He went to his bedroom and inhaled sharply as he saw someone on his bed. In the semi darkness he saw Yunho there.

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong looked him over as saw him holding something in his hands. Then he heard the soft sob of his lover. He immediately went to him. “What’s wrong?” He asked once he saw the tear stains on his face.

 

Yunho did nothing but grab onto Jaejoong and held him as he sobbed into his shoulder.

 

“What is it?” Jaejoong held him. “Tell me what is wrong?” He pulled away from him to see the tears that fell.

 

Jaejoong wiped away the fresh tears.

 

Yunho pulled away from Jaejoong. He looked to the thing that was in his hand. “His parents disowned him. I remember the call he had with them when he told them of our engagement. He locked himself in our room for a whole day. He didn’t speak. He just sat in there. There was nothing I could do to comfort him. He was like that. He always kept me at arms length even when he was sick. He wouldn’t let me help. Even while he died, he made me promise not to mourn him. H-he…” Yunho’s voice broke as fresh tears fell from his eyes.

 

Jaejoong took the photo from Yunho’s hands. He saw Yunho and his Fiance smiling as they held each other. DaeHyun was very handsome. He had fair skin and short black hair.

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong whispered as he took his hand.

 

Yunho took a deep breath. “He made me promise to keep him there until we became successful He said he didn’t want to return home until he can finally be successful. This morning I returned him to his parents.” New tears fell. “He’s finally home and I can now mourn him. It hurts so much. For so long I pretended he was busy back in America. It was the only way I could carry on. Now he is really gone.” Yunho covered his face to stifle the sobs.

 

Jaejoong pulled yunho into his arms. “He is not gone. He will never be gone. He has a name and as long as you remember it, he will live on in your mind and in your heart. Your company will be a tribute to his life and as long as it stands he will be alive.”

 

Jaejoong held him and comforted him until his sobs subsided.

 

“You should rest. You had a long day.” He helped Yunho lie down on the bed.

 

“Are you angry with me?” Yunho asked weakly.

 

Jaejoong shook his head. “You are mourning.” He kissed his forehead. “When you love someone you love them so intensely. You were lucky to have each other. Just rest now.” He lied beside him and caressed his cheek until he drifted off.

 

Jaejoong looked to the man before him. He had never seen him like this. He was always sure and confident of himself. He wasn’t afraid to show his anger but never once did he see him cry or in pain. His heartbroke with him.

 

His face looked puffy and his eyes lashes were wet. Jaejoong wiped away the stray tear from his eyelashes. He never wanted to see him in so much pain anymore.

 

I promise whatever the future holds for us, I’ll do everything to make you happy. I don’t want to cause you anymore pain. I’ll do my best for us and for him. I’ll take care of you because you deserve to be loved.

 

He leaned forward and laid a soft kiss to his lips.

 

“I love you.” He whispered before he got up and left the bed.

 

Jaejoong called Changmin and let him know he wouldn’t be in the next morning. He mentioned Yunho was home but he didn’t want to talk about it right now.

 

He went about the apartment to clean while he waited for the take out to get there. He went to the doorway and found Yunho’s shoes were there. That was what was different. How did he not notice that?

 

Hours passed and it was already early the next morning. Jaejoong had fallen asleep on the sofa. He meant to go to the bed but he was too comfortable on the sofa or so he thought. He sat up and his back was hurting. He stretched a bit and massaged the area. Then he heard the water from the shower.

 

He went to the bathroom and opened it to find Yunho’s clothes on the floor. He didn’t want to disturb him and instead went to their room. He undressed and went to his closet to find clean bottoms to sleep in. He turned around to find Yunho standing in the doorway with a towel around his waist.

 

“You said you weren’t angry.” He whispered from the doorway.

 

“And I am not angry.” Jaejoong put on some pajama bottoms.

 

“Then why weren’t you in our bed.” He took the first steps towards Jaejoong.

 

“I cleaned and I ate dinner. I fell asleep on the sofa watching one of those dramas. I am not angry with you.” Jaejoong pulled him into his arms and inhaled his scent. He loved the way he smelled after a shower. Also he felt so warm. “I could never be angry with you. I love you.” He kissed his lips briefly.

 

“I am sorry I left suddenly.” Yunho pulled some pajama bottoms from the same place Jaejoong grabbed his. He slipped them on.

 

Jaejoong went to the bed. “When did you get back?” He sat on the bed.

 

“The morning. I got the earliest flight and went straight to his parents house.” He went to Jaejoong’s side and sat beside him.

 

“I thought you left because of me.” Jaejoong took Yunho’s hand.

 

“It was.” Yunho entwined their fingers and held his hand.

 

“What?” Jaejoong looked into his eyes.

 

“When you asked me to marry you. I wanted to say yes but how could I say yes when I left everything unfinished with him. I know he has been gone all these years but there was still a part of me that still held him. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine but I can’t do that when a part of me still held onto him. I was strong this entire time and it was because of him. Now I want to be strong because of you and for you. I love you Jaejoong and when we get married again I want to give you all of me.” Yunho leaned forward and kissed Jaejoong. “Ask me to marry you again.” He pulled away from the kiss but he kept his eyes closed with a smile playing on his lips.

 

Jaejoong leaned into him until they were cheek to cheek. “Will you marry me, Yunho?” He asked.

 

“Yes.” He pulled away and kissed his new fiance’s lips. “But you have to sleep in our bed every night.”

 

“It’s still early. I am not feeling that tired. It’s a shame you just showered because you are going to get dirty.” Jaejoong pushed him down onto the bed and straddled him.

 

“I missed you.” Yunho smiled to his fiance on top of him.

 

.

..

.

Five years have passed and Jaejoong is at a restaurant. He followed the waiter to a table.

 

“Here is your table. A waiter will be with you in soon.” The waiter turned and left Jaejoong alone.

 

Jaejoong sat down and looked through the menu. He already knew what he wanted.

 

“Sitting at such a big table by yourself?” Jaejoong heard a voice behind him.

 

“Yihan?” Jaejoong stood up and turned to find Yihan there with another guy. Their warms were linked together.

 

“I would have invited you to eat at our table had I known you were by yourself but as you see we just finished.” Yihan smirked.

 

“Appa!! Appa!!” A little girl ran through the restaurant to Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong picked up the little girl and held her in his arms. “Where is your other father?” He asked.

 

He looked up when he heard the cries of a baby.

 

“Your son only stops crying when he is with you or with his brother.” Changmin came in holding a baby dressed in blue.

 

“Appa? Son?” Yihan stood there looking over Jaejoong’s family.

 

“Yihan this is my daughter. Changmin is holding my son.” Jaejoong set down his daughter and took his son from Changmin. The baby immediately stopped crying.

 

“So you and Changmin had a family?” Yihan looked surprised.

 

Another cry interrupted their conversation and Jaejoong looked to see Yunho carrying their other son in with him.

 

“They only like you.” Yunho went and stood next to Jaejoong.  

 

“They are twins. They aren’t comfortable being apart.” Jaejoong shifted the baby in his arm until he was next to his twin brother in Yunho’s arms. “I believe you met Yunho before. He is…”

 

“I am his husband. It’s nice to meet you again. Yihan wasn’t it?” Yunho smiled. “I would shake your hand but my son needs both of my hands.”

 

The arrogant smirk from earlier fell away from Yihan’s face.

 

“You have a family?” He looked to the children at the couple’s side. The twins had the same doe like eyes that Jaejoong had and the little girl at his side had the same smile as Yunho.

 

“They were carried by a surrogate. We’ve been married nearly five years and today we are celebrating the opening of another one of my bakeries. A bakery that Changmin will be overseeing.” Changmin smiled from behind Jaejoong. “It was nice seeing you again Yihan but our other guest will be arriving.” Jaejoong turned from him and went to sit next to his daughter who had taken a spot next to Changmin.

 

Yihan and his lover smiled and left.

 

“That is Jung Yunho. He owns one of the biggest companies. How do you know his husband?” Asked his lover.

 

“They were a friend of mine.” Yihan lied because he was too embarrassed to admit the truth. He looked back and seen the happy family through the window. He saw them smiling and Jaejoong’s arms were full with his children.