Missing You

Still in Love

Jaejoong stood at the counter of his shop. His expression was sad but his mind wandered.

 

“What happened? Is the honeymoon over already?” Changmin stood next to Jaejoong.

 

“I asked him to marry me two days ago and now he is on his way to America. Did I scare him away? We were going to get married eventually so why did he refuse me?” Jaejoong turned to his friend.

 

“I am sure it’s just business. Don’t think too much of it. He’ll be back soon enough and you two will be engaged. I don’t doubt it. Just have a little faith in him. Okay?” changmin patted his friend’s shoulder.

 

Jaejoong nodded. “Still, it hurts being rejected. I can’t shake it.” He exhaled.

 

“Well since your soon-to-be-husband is out of town why not come out with us tonight. Siwon is shy on his first date with Heechul and they invited all of us to a gay club. I have never been to one and I think I need a chaperone. It should be fun.” Changmin smiled and nagged at his friend.

 

“Okay but I am not drinking. I am opening tomorrow.” Jaejoong agreed.

 

“Yay!! I am sure the others will be excited. We are meeting here at seven.” Changmin patted his shoulder and walked away.

 

Jaejoong sighed. Yunho’s rejection still stung and he couldn’t shake it.

 

With Jaejoong’s hurt pride the hours at work seemed to drag on never to end but finally Changmin closed the door and locked it.

 

“See you soon.” He waved and left through the back.

 

Jaejoong left soon after he checked everything over.

 

He came back soon after to find Changmin, Kyuhyun, and Siwon all dressed up. They all looked ready for a night out. While Jaejoong was ready for a night in. Nevertheless they all got into Jaejoong’s car and he drove to a club that Jaejoong knew too well.

 

Heechul was already there waiting. Tonight there was a line because it was a special night. There were to be male dancers there. Changmin and Kyuhyun were more interested in drinking. Jaejoong was there to babysit.

 

“What will you do if someone hits on you?” Jaejoong asked Changmin and Kyuhyun.

 

Changmin shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe I would offer a dance but that is all. I am not here for love. I am here for fun.”

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun looked to his friend.

 

“Yeah. I don’t mind. It should be fun.” Changmin smiled.

 

“I would join you but I don’t think my girlfriend would like me dancing with other men.” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

“Changmin, I thought you were straight. Why now are you talking about dancing with other men?” Jaejoong saw a new side of his friend.

 

“I assure you Jaejoong I am very much straight but I am quite handsome. Who can resist me? I am tall, good looking and I look like I was born from a rich family. I am sure I will get a few offers tonight. Let’s have some fun. Everyone is in a pair. I am not.” He sounded sure of himself.

 

Jaejoong shook his head. “You are so full of yourself. I don’t think I have seen this side of Changmin before.” He took a few steps as the line begin to move along.

 

“He is right. It’s going to be crazy in there and he looks like he could be one of the dancers. I am sure he will get a few admirers.” Heechul said from next to Siwon.

 

Jaejoong looked to the other guy. It was the first time he had seen him since he gave him the undelivered divorce papers.

 

“I am not drinking tonight but I think I will have one with you. I owe it to you.” Jaejoong smiled at him.

 

Heechul nodded. “My apologies Jaejoong but I really do believe you two were meant to be. I guess I was not wrong.”

 

“No. You were not.” Jaejoong looked away and the smile fell from his lips.

 

Changmin noticed his friend’s saddened look. He leaned into his friend. “Tonight is about fun. Relax and you’ll see everything work out for the best. I am sure he is preparing a grand proposal as we speak. Just wait and until then have fun.”

 

“You’re right. I will try to have fun tonight.” He stepped ahead again as the line moved.

 

Soon enough they were inside. They were quick to find a table. Changmin ordered drinks. While Jaejoong had a water. Their table had a good view of the dancers when the show started.

 

They all watched the guys perform. Each man was dressed in a different theme. There were doctors, athletes, lawyers and many others. They were dressed in a very skimpy version of their supposed profession. They danced and the crowd cheered. Jaejoong watched but wasn’t interested.

 

After the dancers finished Jaejoong went to his phone while the others ordered drinks. While they were into their first round of drinks, two men approached their table. They had a drink in hand. Jaejoong watched as they approached Changmin and Kyuhyun.

 

One offered a drink to Changmin to which he accepted. Kyuhyun declined the drink that was offered. Changmin true to his word, wandered off with the one who offered his drink.

 

“He is crazy.” Kyuhyun drank his drink.

 

Jaejoong laughed and continued to watch the rest of the crowd. They danced to the music. Some of the gorgeous men from before were now somewhat decently dressed and among the crowd.

 

Soon Siwon and Heechul disappeared into the crowd to dance. Changmin returned alone but soon left with Kyuhyun for more drinks. Jaejoong grew tired quickly of the ever growing crowd. He waited until Changmin and Kyuhyun returned before he left for the bathrooms for sake of a quieter atmosphere.

 

He maneuvered his way through the crowd until he got to the bathroom. He entered the bathroom and found it empty. He went to the sink to wash his hands. Afterwards he looked in the mirror. Even he could see that he seemed diminished. He missed his lover. He missed his Yunho. He’d rather be at home with him.

 

“Jaejoong?” A voice spoke followed by someone Jaejoong knew.

 

“Yihan?” He whispered while his heart started to beat faster.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yihan asked as he approached Jaejoong.

 

“I am here with friends.” He could feel his breath begin to quicken.

 

Yihan stood beside Jaejoong and looked him up and down. “You are still handsome as ever.” He caressed his cheek.

 

Jaejoong turned from the touch. “I should get back to them.” He stepped past his ex only to be stopped by a hand on his wrist. “Yihan?” He felt fear seep into him as memories of such a touch were like living nightmares.  

 

“I missed you, Jaejoong. I really do.” He could smell the alcohol on his breath. “Please can I just call you sometimes I miss your voice.” His grip tightened around his wrist.  

 

Jaejoong pulled away from his grasp. “My boyfriend wouldn’t like having other men call me or he wouldn’t like me alone in the bathroom with my ex.”

 

“Boyfriend?” Yihan’s face mirrored the angry yihan he has known in the past. “So soon?” He asked.

 

Jaejoong took a breath to calm himself. “Yes. My boyfriend and I are in love.”

 

“Not so much in love because he is not here with you. I would not let you be in a place like this without me.” Yihan smiled crookedly.

 

“That’s the difference between you and him. He is trusts me as much as I trust him. I thought you were what was best for me but now I know I deserve better.” Jaejoong turned from him.

 

“Better? I saved you from poverty. I gave you a home and that wasn’t enough?” Yihan took him by the wrist again and pulled him close. “What did you ever give me but trouble?”

 

“Trouble?” Jaejoong pulled his hand away. “I loved you and made that house a home. Yet you hurt me everytime. If you have failed in your life it is all your fault. It’s time for you to accept that and I will not be your punching bag anymore.”

 

“Punching bag was all you were ever good for.” Yihan said in a whisper.

 

“I wish there was something that you were good at but I can’t think of one thing. You always seem to fall short.” Jaejoong looked down and then back up to Yihan. “I will not be someone you can hurt anymore. So don’t ever try to contact me or come to my bakery.” He his heel and left.

 

He felt his ears grow warm from the anger he held back. How much he wanted to hurt him like he had been hurt but it would do nothing to erase the past. Instead he took satisfaction in the defeated look upon his face as he left.

 

He went back to his table. They had just ordered a new round of drinks the table was covered in many shot glasses. One of which Jaejoong took and drank.

 

“Whoa, You aren’t supposed to be drinking. You are our driver.” Siwon pulled the empty glass away from Jaejoong.

 

“It’s only one. Besides I need it. You guys are out here having fun. I rather be at home or where ever Yunho is.” Jaejoong his lips of the alcohol.

 

“It’s only one. Let him have it.” Changmin raised a glass with the others and they drank and laughed.

 

He glanced at the bathrooms and seen Yihan emerged from it. He remained unseen as Yihan went in a different direction.

 

He felt oddly alive as if he had defeated a foe. He wanted another drink but he had to be responsible. He will wait until he got home.

 

Soon the others grew tired of the boisterous atmosphere too. They all turned to Jaejoong and he knew it was time to go home. He navigated the nearly drunk men to the exit and into his car. He drove them all back home one by one.

 

At last he arrived at his home. The home he shares with Yunho. He went to his bedroom and fell on the bed. He grabbed at Yunho’s pillow. It still smelled of his minty shampoo. Jaejoong wished he could be holding Yunho right now instead of his pillow.

 

He pulled at his phone and dialled his number. He hasn’t answered it yet which saddened Jaejoong but tonight it didn’t bother so much. He threw his phone to the side.

 

“You’d be proud of me tonight Yunho. I defeated my enemy.” He sat up in bed. “I miss you so much it hurts. We don’t have to get married. I just want you back.” He sighed when he left to shower.