Chapter 8

I Love You, Mothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay, here’s the situation right now.

 

I’m in the school, waiting for grandpa to show up to this parent-teacher thingy and suddenly, I see mom walking towards me with her black shirt, her specs, her tight grey pants and her white sneakers while smiling too wide to my liking.

 

It’s not that I don’t like it, but it’s embarrassing. People in here, man and woman, old and young are looking at my mom so intense that they turn their heads around while she walking down the hall. I’m not making this up and I know I’m a little bit extra when I describe something uncomfortable for me, but this time I mean it when I said they turn their heads around to see my mom walking to me, who show her my unimpressed look.

 

“hey kiddo, where’s your classroom?” mom asked as soon as she stand beside me and I just point out my thumb to our behind without saying anything, then she turn to the direction I pointed out while smiling. “oh! You don’t have anything to do after this, right?” mom asked and I nod my head. “mommy is not home and I know you don’t like Korean food, so let’s have lunch outside?”

 

She’s right. I don’t really like Korean food. Not because of them though, but I guess Korean food is not really my taste.

 

“it’s okay if you don’t want to. We’ll just order food later.” mom added when she doesn’t hear my answer.

 

“I’ll go!” I answered abruptly while turning my head, not seeing mom’s face because I know, she’s smiling so wide.

 

“okay, baby Alex.” mom said to me and that word, successfully making my cheeks turn red. I’ve never heard mom called me that before. It’s always mommy who called me baby Alex.

 

I remember feeling so happy when mommy called me that. It’s like I’m forever her little baby girl. While mom always called me kiddo. I mean, I know why mom calls me that, it’s because I was just a little kid, so she called me that. But now that I’m already 13 years old, when she calls me that, it still gives me that same happiness in my stomach. I’m still their little girl.

 

 

 

 

Mom is the best!

 

Why?

 

Because she takes me to this action figure place near the restaurant we just had lunch on. How does she know this place while I have no idea this place even exist? She really is jobless.

 

“I notice you have lots of action figures in your room, so I thought you might want to go since I want to buy Kaonashi action figure too.” mom said that makes me widen my eyes.

 

Kaonashi? Mom likes him? Wow~ Not just I look like her, but our taste for animation is the same too. I wonder if she likes anime too, though. If she does, then I might just be her twins.

 

Who knows?

 

I look around the shop and find this giant action figure of Howl’s castle from Howl’s Moving Castle. Hmmm… My favorite. I take the Castle and going back to look around the shop when I found another Ghibli’s character. This time, it’s a stuffed Totoro. The size is about half big as me and it’s just so fluffy. It feels like Totoro becomes alive and it’s standing before me.

 

Ahh~ if Totoro is real, I would like a big hug from him.

 

“you like Totoro too?”

 

All of a sudden, mom show up out of nowhere and it startle me a little because I was daydreaming about Totoro hugging me.

 

“uhh… not really.”

 

“I thought you like it. Your mommy loves Totoro though.” She said and I open my eyes a little bit wider because of the shock.

 

Well, not really in shocked but my whole family is a Ghibli’s fans.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter