Chapter 7

I Love You, Mothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry.” I said to my mothers in the morning after I went to see TOP concert’s last night without listening to them.

 

I went to see a concert of one of my favourite band, Twenty One Pilots, without my mothers consent last night. They won’t let me go and I went to see them anyway. They kind of angry with me, I think? Mommy was kind of yelled at me when I went out of the house and mom, well, she just looked at me with her usual expression, so that was why I went out. 

 

And besides, I already asked grandpa long before they came back home and he said okay too.

 

And now, my phone got stolen last night when I was holding it in front of the bathroom. Someone just ran away after snatched my phone roughly. I have a thought that maybe because I went to see the concert after mommy won’t let me go, God gave me punishment like this. 

 

That is why, after contemplating so much, I decided to say sorry to them. So God won’t punish me any longer.  And yeah, I learned so much from last night. Good and bad things.

 

“what for?” mom asked as she turned her head while cooking something on the kitchen. Mommy is in the table, eating noodles, I think? It looks like it and just looking at me with the same confusion like mom does.

 

I look down, don’t want to see them because I know, I’m at fault here. I should be looking down because I’m really sorry for not listening to them. 

 

“for not listening to you last night. I’m sorry.” I said again, while lowering down my pride.

 

“what happened?” this time, mommy asked. 

 

“umm… uuhhh… Nothing.” I answered, still looking down. I don’t want to tell them about my stolen phone and I honestly just wanted to say that, then go back to my room. But I know, I have to be here answering their questions.

 

“something happened?” mom then asked and I feel like my sweating bullets now. I don’t know why I’m sweating like this because it’s just a phone. But still, I’m the wrong one here since I didn’t listen to them, so sweating is normal, right?

 

Right. 

 

I shake my head in hurry and lift up my head to see them looking at me with their confused looks. I’ll get confused too if I were them.

 

“no, um… just, I’m sorry, for going out last night.” 

 

“Alex?” mommy asked again. I couldn’t lie to them because they can see right through me. Specially mommy. It’s like she’s really a sidekick. 

 

“umm… someone stole… my phone.” I whispered the last part, hoping they wouldn’t hear it.

 

But too bad. I inherited mommy’s loud voice, so they did heard it. I look at them and they’re just looking at me like they used to?  They don’t seem angry at all. Hmmm, that’s… new to me.

 

“but you’re fine, right?” mom asked and I just nod my head. “then, it’s not a problem. As long as you’re okay, it’s fine.” mom added. 

 

Seriously? They’re not mad at me? Really? Addison’s mother was really mad when she knew she lost her phone, but mine is not angry at me?

 

Wow.

 

“you’re not… angry?” I asked lowly and I see them nodding their heads. Well, mom does while mommy just looking at me with unreadable expression, again. 

 

After last night, she kind of looking at me with her unreadable face. I don’t know if she’s angry at me or not. I’ve never see her looking at me like that. So, it’s scary. And new too. 

 

“well, it’s stolen, right? What’s done is done.” this time, mommy said it while eating her toast. “now, I hope you’ll learn something from that.” she added and I just nods my head, doesn’t want to say anything back like I used to. 

 

Believe me, mommy, I am. I’m learning about lots of things. 

 

“come here, kiddo. Let’s eat.” mom said as she puts down another toasts in a plate, which is I believe, it’s for me.

 

Well, I’m hungry too, so I eat breakfast with them without saying a words and just focusing on my toasts. 

 

 

 

I know that my mothers are super famous. But I never thought they’re THIS famous. Why? Because right now, we’re on our way to grab a lunch (which, they insisted because I kept saying no and then the look on their faces were really sad, so I gave in) when a few people stopped us and asked my mothers for a picture. Not just happened once, it happens maybe almost 10 or 12 times. I mean, we kept stopping from place to place because those people wanted a picture with my mothers.

 

While they’re taking their pictures with the fans, I’m standing a little bit far from my mothers, waiting for them as I play with my brand new phone. (yes, mom bought me a new phone 2 days after my phone got stolen). I don’t want to bother them with their fans and stuff and I’m sure as heaven that I don’t want my face to go viral on the internet. 

 

“you’re Alexis?”

 

I turn my head to my right and see, maybe a young woman? I don’t know, but she has this big round glasses with a pink shirt with words Girls’ Generation in it and a short pants, while holding a camera. 

 

“yes?” I answered shortly. 

 

“Oh my god!! Can we take a picture together?”

 

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” I asked with manner ‘cause she’s a total stranger. 

 

“I’m a fan of your mothers. Like really a big one. And since they’re still busy with another fans, can we take a picture together?” She asked again and that makes me raise my right eyebrow. 

 

“then, you should wait for them.” I said with a little bit of annoying sound. I’m still keeping my manner since she’s older than me. 

 

“yeah I know. But, taking pictures with you will make the whole fans go crazy though. They want to see your face. They even make some bet which mothers you resemble. You’re quite famous, Alexis.” 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter