Chapter 2

I Love You, Mothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seriously, why she always smiling? It could hurt her cheeks, you know. Well, it’s not like I care about that, though. She might be do that for her fans, since we were still in public place. 

 

When we walk towards the car, I see a lot of people looking at us. It’s either they know her and why in the world she walked behind me or they’re just gawking over her. My mother is wearing a dark blue jeans and a pink see-through cardigan with white crop tee and her hair tied up like a horse-tail. Well, I admit it, she’s beautiful.

 

Again, it’s not like I care.

 

“Alex, wait for me.” She said kind of running to me then holding my hand. I look at her and then my hand. “how are you, sweetie?”

 

“good.” I answered. 

 

Soon after, we arrived at grandpa’s car. After opening the trunks for her luggage, I walk to the shotgun door and leave her there, without any care. 

 

“go help her.” grandpa said while slightly push me. 

 

I roll my eyes and get out of the car again to help her. I help her with her luggage then I told her to just get in the car. She nods her head and I put her luggage in the back. After did this and that, I go to the shotgun door again and climbed in then grandpa start the engine. 

 

“daddy! I miss you so much.” Tiffany said with a loud tone. 

 

I flinch and cover my ears because of the high pitched tone she’s always using whenever she’s home. How can she still sing with that voice? I don’t get it. 

 

“I miss you too, princess. Why are you alone?” grandpa asked his princess.

 

“well, she will be here tomorrow because she still have some works to do. I took an early flight, so I can meet my baby here and sleep with her tonight.” Tiffany said and I can feel her smiling so wide at the back. 

 

I know grandpa glance at me and smile, but I just look out of the window, not giving any care to the situation that I’m in right now. She could be so annoying sometimes. No scratch that. She is annoying. 

 

“well, Alex here, miss you too, you know. Right, Alex?”

 

“whatever.” I answered him and take my earphone out from my jeans pocket. I plug the earphone to my phone and start to played my favourite song in the world, Brompton Cocktail by Avenged Sevenfold. Yes, I know it’s a metal song. But who cares? I love the song so much. And I love M Shadow.

 

Tiffany doesn’t really like me listening to this kind of song, because she thinks I had a tendency to kill my self. Well, I didn’t want to do that, because I still love my life. And then Tiffany just gave up. She just let me listened to every song that I like. Thanks to my other mother, though. But not really.

 

I can feel Tiffany’s hand on my shoulder and I just shrug it off. Tiffany then take off one of my earpiece and poking my shoulder to get my attention. “Alex, please don’t listen to the song with that high volume. It will ruin your hearing.”

 

“whatever.” I said back to her and just continue listening to my sacred song. 

 

It’s a long journey from the airport to my house. Actually, it’s not really that long, but because mommy is here, for me it’s a long way.

 

After we arrive at home, I get off from the car and just go straight inside the house and walked to my room, leaving grandpa and Tiffany with her big luggage.

 

I throw my body to my bed harshly and close my eyes. I’m so deep into the song that I do not hear someone  come in to my room. Tiffany sit beside me and caress my hair. I open my eyes and look to my left. She smile at me and I just turn to my right and close my eyes. Tiffany then paused the song and I could feel her laying beside me.

 

“what do you want?” I asked her with a cold tone. Not facing her and still close my eyes. 

 

“do you still hate me and your mom for not be with you all the time?” she asked as she put her hand to my waist.

 

“if you know the answer, then why bother to ask?” I said while throwing her hand away from me. 

 

“what should we do to have your forgiveness, Alex?” she asked with a shaky voice. I don’t want to answer her and I just stay silent. 

 

She ask for my forgiveness now? I’m sorry but it’s way too late for that. 

 

Then, all of a sudden, my phone ring. I look at my phone and see Addison, my best friend, called me. I pick up her call and sit up to answer her. 

 

“yeah?”

 

“…”

 

“well, grandpa said I couldn’t stay over at your place tonight because somebody just came back. And I have to be at the house today.”

 

“…”

 

“I’m fine, Addy.”

 

“…”

 

“YES! PLEASE! You are very welcome to come to our house. In fact, you can save me from this situation I’m about to enter. Please. Come now.” I glance to my left and see Tiffany still looking at me with her red eyes.

 

“...”

 

“I don’t think I could stay over at your place tomorrow night too. You know because another person will come to the house tomorrow, so grandpa will go ballistic if stay over to yours. Umm, I’ll tell you later when I’m coming over.”

 

“…”

 

“oh, can you come tonight too?”

 

“…”

 

“fine. Well, see you later, best friend.” I said as I hang up the phone and things go back for being awkward again. 

 

Tiffany just stay there looking at me with her longing look. It’s like she wants to hug me so tight like she miss me so much. I don’t care if she look at me like that, it’s just too late for everything. I hate my parents and that’s period. 

 

I just sitting on my bed, not looking at her direction and play with my phone, as if I’m having a conversation with someone on my phone. I open one application than close it immediately, and open another one then close it again. Just to make her think that I’m busy so then she will leave my room.

 

“can you please, go?” I said without looking at her.

 

I heard a soft and sad sigh from my left and from the corner of my eyes I see that she slowly getting up from my bed and stand there, looking at me. 

 

“I’m going to order some food. Do you want anything? Pasta maybe?” she asked with a crack and sad tone. I just shrug my shoulders, not wanting to eat with her. 

 

Though I’m super hungry right now and the offer is really tempting, but no. I don't want to.

 

She then lean her body towards me and kiss my head. I’m just pulling my body away from her and looking at her with my angry glare. 

 

“I love you, baby.” she said as she go out of my bedroom. 

 

“whatever.” I said to no one and continue to my depressing songs.

 

--

 

The next day, I’m just sitting in front of the tv and playing with my Playstation when Tiffany sit next to me while holding a cup of coffee. Why are the adults likes to drink coffee like all the time? Coffee taste so bitter. Just like my life. Milk is better than coffee.

 

“what are you doing?” Tiffany asked me and I don’t answer her. When she doesn’t hear me answering her, she let out a big sigh.

 

“wanna come with me to pick your mom at the airport?” she asked me again. She probably just trying to have a conversation with me. Which is really annoying because I’m in the middle of an important game. 

 

“I will if grandpa’s coming.” I said not leaving my eyes from the tv. I’m playing Fatal Frame right now and it’s a game between life and death. I don’t want to lose at this level.

 

“can it just be you and me to pick her up?”

 

I didn’t say anything. I just don’t want to be alone with them.

 

“I’ll ask your grandpa.” Tiffany said and get up from the couch to find grandpa. She lost. Ha! 

 

Oh darn it. I lost too. Darn you ghost!

 

All of a sudden, I feel so hungry so I get up from the couch and walk to the kit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter