Chapter 6

I Love You, Mothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“baby, we have pizza.” mommy said from outside of my room while I was working on my homework. 

 

I looked at the clock and it was already 8 pm, which is why I heard some weird noises from my stomach. And pizza sounds really good though, but that means I should eat with them. I know I made a promise with grandpa earlier today that I’ll be good around them, but grandpa just left a few hours ago to visit auntie and I’m not still not ready for doing whatever grandpa wanted me to do. Even to just eating pizza with both of them. 

 

I’m still not ready and my heart too, still not ready. 

 

I heard the doorknob creaking and from the corner of my eye and I could see mommy’s head entered my room, searching for me. I didn’t turned my head and just working on my math homework, pretending to focus on it, while I was actually really lost with it since 30 minutes ago. 

 

“baby, can I come in?” mommy asked, still with her head on the door. 

 

I turned my head and looked at her flatly and nodded my head a little, allowing her to enter my kingdom. I know, I tend to exaggerating things when I fell uncomfortable like this kind of situation. I was never alone with them for the last 10 years. It was always me, grandpa and them. So I didn’t know how to do or to act.

 

Mommy then walked towards me and stopped when she was already next to me. I was still pretending on focusing on my homework and I seriously had a slight headache now because the questions were driving me nuts. I’m not good with maths, okay? I rather read history books than do maths. 

 

All of a sudden, I felt her hand caressed my head tenderly, from up and down, and I just moved my head away from her hand right away while looking at her, furrowing my eyebrows. I moved based on my instinct, you know. I just moved without thinking. 

 

The look on her face turned to a sad one as she smiled to me. I still remember vaguely her wide, happy smile when I was a little, because whenever she smiled, it calmed me down. It made me feel happy again. But now, she was smiling but it wasn’t the same smile that I used to adore. Ever since they told me why the left me here, she lost that smile. Well, because I behaved badly to them, but still, wasn’t my fault.

 

“we have pizza downstairs. Want to eat with us?” mommy asked the last part lowly as if she was whispering. 

 

I heard it though because she was standing beside me. I only nodded my head and, well, my eyes still locked on this maths problem. 

 

After knowing my answer, she just caressed my left arm slowly and walked out of my kingdom then closed the door. I guess I have to go downstairs to eat that heavenly food. 

 

I went down and I could smell the sauce, the pepperoni and the dough. Oh wait! I smell pasta too. Darn, they know my weak spot. I couldn’t say no to that, you know. Even though I had to sit with them all day long, it wouldn’t matter because the pizza and the pasta, are going to save me. Well, at least my behaviour will turned to good if that good food’s around. 

 

I entered the kitchen and saw 2 of my mothers sitting across each other and talking with their alien language. I think it was nothing serious, because I could saw them smiling a little to each other. When mommy saw me walking from the living room, she was all smiling so wide and then, she opened the big box on the centre of the kitchen’s table and I saw a very beautiful pizza.

 

Like I said, I tend to exaggerating things when I feel uncomfortable. And this situation was very uncomfortable for me because I need to sit and eat with them alone. And yeah, I said I will behave when there’s pizza and pasta, but I wasn’t sure that I will do that.

 

“I know you like pizza and pasta, so I ordered it just the way you like it, baby.” mommy said as she opened the box and still smiling. 

 

I just nodded and grabbed a plate from the counter top then grabbed 2 slices of pizza and poured the cola to the glass then I walked back to my room.

 

“Alex, can we eat together in here?” mom asked as she looked at me from the chair. I turned my body a little to see them and thinking for a little.

 

Should I eat with them? Or should I eat in my room?

 

“please?” mom added as if she knows what I was thinking. 

 

Well, there’s no harm on doing it anyway, so I turned my body and sit on the edge of the table, away from them. I was eating the pizza when they moved the box so the box is in front of me and I looked up to see my mothers smiling so wide. It felt like they were grinning instead of smiling.

 

“you’re not playing with your playstation, kiddo?” mom asked all of a sudden.

 

“no. I have homework.” I answered casually and after that, silence. Nobody was talking and I could only hear my munch and sometimes, I could hear the crunch from my mouth. I didn’t even know what that was, but I swear I heard it. 

 

After eating 2 slices of pizza, well, 4 slices since mom kept giving me those 2 slices, I eyed the pasta. That pasta was alone and I felt like it was calling for me to eat them. Maybe, I was having a staring contest with the pasta when I heard a chuckled from mom. I looked at her in confusion and then she gave me the pasta with her amused smiled.

 

“if you want this, you can have it, kiddo. It’s for you.” mom said as she gave me the fork and the spoon to my plate. 

 

I mean, I couldn’t refuse the offer though because the pasta smells so good. Again, I was having a staring contest with the fettuccine when I felt a  full spoon of fettuccine landed on the tip of my mouth. It did get me startled of course, so I looked up and saw mommy gave me that spoon. I grabbed the spoon immediately, and I ate it roughly. 

 

I swear I felt like I’m chocking but, I hold it. Not wanting them to made a fuss over it. 

 

“so, what are you doing tomorrow?” mom asked.

 

huh?

 

“school?” I answered the obvious answer. Tomorrow is still weekdays though, so you get the idea, right?

 

After hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter