Only need you

Crushes

Jae woke up with a headache. He does not feel like going to the school today especially after what happened yesterday. He rubbed his eyes lazily, reaching for his spectacles on the bedside table. His phone was blinking rapidly, indicating there are messages that needed to be read.


He reached for his phone and stared at it before lazily turned it on. 1 spam message, 10 twitter notifications, and 2 messages from Brian or according to his phone, BriBri with love emoji.

Bribri ❤: Good morning sunshine~ you up?

Bribri ❤: Let's go together ^^ I'll wait for you at the gate in 30 minutes.

And the messages were sent 15 minutes ago. Jae’s blinked his eyes, trying to process the messages before hastily kicked his blanket and it landed back on his head, trying to get out from that and almost crashing with the bedside table before he finally made his way to the bathroom. He took a quick shower and put on his uniform. He slung his bag on his shoulder and on his way to outside he grabbed two slices toast from the kitchen earning a scolding from his mother, something about eat his breakfast properly and else. He stuffed one slice of the toasts to his mouth and made a mental note to give another one to Brian. 


While tying his shoelaces on the porch, he saw his bad boy leaning against the front gate. He decided that Brian is more important than his shoelaces and proceeded to creep behind Brian with his undone shoelaces. Jae closed Brian’s eyes with one hand holding a slice of toast and Brian laughed.


“Ya, my handsome face will be full of bread crumbs,” complained Brian will removing Jae’s hand. Jae gave a sheepish smile and shoved the toast to Brian’s mouth to avoid any further complain. 


They walked side by side to the school with Brian busy munching the toast and listening to Jae’s rambling.


Halfway to the school, Brian noticed that Jae’s shoelaces had come undone, it’s not like he tied it properly before (LOL).


“Park ssi, STOOOPPPP”, he exclaimed earning a weird look from the taller guy.


He kneeled and tied the shoelaces for the forever clumsy Jae.


“Wow, I thought you want to propose”, joked Jae.


“Ah, that’s you have to wait for a few more years,” replied Brian looking a Jae while tying the shoelaces and winked causing the tall guy to blush slightly.


“Euw, forever cheesy Kang Younghyun”, Jae said, teasing.


“Wow you use my real name. Alright it’s done, let’s go,” Brian said dusting his hands before he took Jae’s left hand in his right hand and started walking dragging the forever shocked Jae.


They arrived at the school earlier than their other classmates and Jae sat in his seat while Brian proceeded to sit at his usual seat, at the back of the class. Their other classmates started arriving after them and sat in their seats except Hyeran. Her seat was beside Jae but before Jae can greet her, she look away from Jae and sat beside another girl. Jae was raising his hand so that she sees him but she did not even look at Jae. He slowly put down his hand before he looked down and played with his fingers.


“Ah, I guess this is it. I’ll be alone for the whole classes,” Jae thought.


Suddenly, someone was pulling the chair beside Jae and proceeded to sit on the empty seat. Jae looked up and there he was, his Brian, smiling before Jae as to comfort the sad one.


He could hear the whispers from his classmates but he did not care. All he knew was he currently has someone on his side, ready to attack and comfort him in the time needed.


He missed the knowing smile of Wonpil, the slight smirk on Dowoon’s face, the ever shocked Sungjin and most important, he missed the disgust face from currently knowing as his former best friend, Hyeran.