Falling

Crushes

            Dowoon was walking to the café when he saw his crush literally stomping his feet while walking towards him. He panicked because he always did something stupid if he saw Wonpil. Last time, he almost ran into a fire extinguisher because he was busy watching Wonpil whining about something to Sungjin. He found the small boy so cute with his gummy smile whenever Sungjin actually listens to him and also his cute pout whenever Sungjin ignored him. Everything about Wonpil is cute to Dowoon. Not-to-mention his crush to his best friend, Dowoon knew about that because Wonpil has been his person-of-interest for a long time.

            Back to the present, Wonpil was complaining about something while walking and he technically ran into Dowoon who was so busy admiring the cute scene and forgot to move away from Wonpil’s way. “Ah, sorry, sorry, I didn’t mean to ran into you”, Wonpil mumbled when he crashed into Dowoon. “Are you hurt or something? Dowoon? Dowoon-ie?” Wonpil continued when the other boy did not respond to his apologies. He waved his hands in Dowoon’s face and Dowoon snapped into reality. He quickly turned around because his face was reddening and he actually cannot utter a single word in front of his crush.

Wonpil was stunned when Dowoon walked away from him. “Is he mad at me?” he thought. After a few minutes contemplating with his feeling, Wonpil decided to search for Dowoon. He knew Dowoon always hanging up with himself at the rooftop so he went there.

Dowoon was pinching his cheek and talking to himself when Wonpil arrived at the rooftop. He was mumbling something like, “He knows my name---so cute---am I dreaming” when Wonpil approached him.

“Dowoon-ah”, Wonpil called him. He was actually hanging at the edge of the rooftop and he almost fell backward when he saw Wonpil.

“Yah, Yoon Dowoon!!” screamed Wonpil and he quickly pulled Dowoon back. “YAH, ARE YOU CRAZY???!!” scolded Wonpil while hitting Dowoon on the shoulder.

“Ah, ah it hurts. Don’t hit me,” Dowoon said when he finally came to his senses.

“Are you crazy or what Dowoon-ah?” Wonpil said, pouting. “Are you that mad at me for running into you earlier? You don’t want to see me?” he continued.

Dowoon eyes went big again, “Wh-what ar-are y-you talk-ing about? Me? I’m mad at you?” he said while stuttering. “This is the first time I’m talking with him”, Dowoon thought.

“Yes, I ran into you earlier. I’m sorry”, Wonpil replied while playing with his fingers. He eyed Dowoon carefully using the corner of his eyes. Dowoon found Wonpil cuter than usual. He always cute but today he is super cute and Dowoon felt like he wants to hug him. He continued eyeing Wonpil without saying a word.

“I’m really sorry. I was mad at Sungjin. He left me at the library alone after some girl asked him for help. If there’s anything I can do to ----“

“Yes, there is”, Dowoon cut Wonpil’s words and Wonpil looked up and their eyes met. Wonpil looks at Dowoon curiously.

“Close your eyes”, Dowoon said, his eyes look dead serious. Wonpil was scared but he actually closed his eyes. (It’s Wonpil what did you expect.)

Wonpil was expecting a punch of something like that, but then, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and a head was resting on his chest.

“Let me stay like this for a few minutes”, said a voice from the head that was resting on his chest. Wonpil opened his eyes and he saw Dowoon’s head and Dowoon’s arms that were holding him.

Wonpil carefully eyed Dowoon’s face. He actually has very big eyes, a plump lip and a very pale skin. His hair also is the darkest shade of black and it looks so soft. He was curious on how it would felt on his hand. Wonpil can’t stand being curious. Wonpil slowly ran his hand through Dowoon’s hair. Dowoon opened his eyes when he felt the touch. Their eyes met.

“Ringggg”, the school bell rang breaking the silence between them. Dowoon quickly lifted his head and released his arms from Wonpil’s body. He stood up and hastily made his way to the class and leaving Wonpil alone at the rooftop.

Dowoon arrived at the classroom and hurriedly hid his flushed face by pretending to sleep. After a few minutes, Wonpil entered the class saw Dowoon with his head down. He sat at his place beside Sungjin and occasionally glanced at Dowoon to check on him. But until the school ended, Dowoon still didn’t lift his head from the table. When Sungjin asked him to go home with him Wonpil gladly followed Sungjin and completely forgot about what happened between him and Dowoon. But not Yoon Dowoon.

But then he saw Wonpil’s face when Sungjin asked them to go home together and his heart shattered into pieces. He sighed and swung his bag across his shoulder and made his way home, alone.