Glances

Crushes

Jae was walking his way to the school while smiling from ear to ear. His eyes were on the revision notes that he wrote before but his mind wandered to the yesterday’s event.

He cannot afford to focus on his notes now, not when he saw his crush was leaning against the school’s gate watching him from afar.

         “What a beautiful morning”, Jae muttered by himself still grinning broadly.

He was still in cloud nine when his best friend, Hye Ran, began screaming his name and ran towards him.

          “Jaeeeeeeeeeeee!! Jae! Jae! Jae!!!!” she shouted ignoring a few pair of eyes that were glaring at them.

           “WHAT? Are you finally losing your mind or what Hyeran-ah?” Jae replied sarcastically while rolling his eyes.  

          “Look who’s that! Isn’t he’s so dreamy? Ahh..” Hyeran replied ignoring Jae’s sarcastic remarks.

Her eyes pointed to the place that Jae was looking while before. Jae mentally slapped himself because how could he forget that his best friend’s crush is his crush too.

He forced a smile and replied, “Psh that you called dreamy? You should have seen me whenever I’m not in my uniform”.

             “I see that almost every day you know… You are far from dreamy Park Jaehyung-ssi”, replied Hyeran teasingly.

             “Ouch, that hurts”, Jae said while pretending to clench his heart.

They walked past the front gate and Jae felt his heart pounded really fast when he saw Brian’s eyes were glancing at him, smirking by himself while facing the front gate.

Brian waited for them to past before he started walking to their class.

Jae felt a pair of eyes was watching his steps and when he turned around to face Hyeran, he saw Brian walking behind them and their eyes met. Jae pretended to smile to Hyeran but his smile actually belongs to the boy who was walking behind them. Brian replied with his rare and y smile and Jae felt like the whole world belongs to him.

They arrived at their class and Jae swore Brian intentionally bumped into Jae slightly when they were going to their seats. He swore he saw the slightest smirk formed on the director’s son lips when he turned around.

           “Aish, this boy really”, he thought while smiling to himself.

The classes continued as usual but with Brian and Jae stealing glances to each other without getting caught, Dowoon pretending to sleep while secretly listening to Wonpil’s happily chatting with his best friend and Sungjin staring longingly at Hyeran while Hyeran brightly chatting with her best friend.

Even though many things have changed, they are still living their lives as usual, right?