School's bad boy

Crushes

Jae walked through the hall while chatting with his best friend, Hye Ran, a little too happy hurting a pair of eyes that were watching them closely. The owner of the eyes approached them closely, intentionally bumping into the girl. Jae muttered, “What’s with him”, earning a glare that can melt an iceberg from the boy with the drop earrings that as far as they know, that kind of accessories is banned in the school.

But that boy is different. He is the school’s bad boy. He won’t listen to the teacher no matter what happens. His other name is the director’s son. That’s what gives him the privilege to roam around the school looking like that.

“Brian!” shouted a boy with a flock of fangirls following him. The boy turned around hearing his not-exactly-name called by the popular boy. “I told you not to call me using that name, Yoon freaking Dowoon,” replied the director son annoyed by the name. Dowoon ran towards Brian leaving his fangirls as the girls will not approach him whenever they are together unless they want to get scolded by the grunge-looking Kang Younghyun aka Brian Kang.

“Sorry”, Dowoon muttered under his breath with his not-so-sorry expression. Brian has no other choice than to forgive him because the boy is his only friend in this big school. (I mean, who have the courage to befriend him if he looks like he wants to eat people whenever he looks at them.)

Dowoon put his right arm around his best friend as continued, “Now what makes you so pissed off now? Hmm? Did you met your crush again or what?” he asked although he already knows the answer. “He’s always with that girl! What’s so special about her? Ah wait, I don’t really want to know”, Brian complained to his best friend. Dowoon laughed as this kind of event happens almost every day. “Brian looks almost normal like this”, Dowoon thought. Nobody would have known that the director’s son has this other side of him. The school’s bad boy is crushing on the school’s nerd, Park Jaehyung.

“Ah, I didn’t even see my crush today. You should be thankful you saw yours okay... Is he sick or what..”, now it is Dowoon turn to complain about his crush. Brian rolled his eyes at Dowoon’s words. “Yah, you have like tons of fangirls and you still want that Pili boy?”, he continued. “He’s cute”, replied Dowoon while smiling sheepishly. “Ah, what should we do about us?”, asked Brian rhetorically not exactly wanted to hear the answer to his question. They are always like this and maybe this is why they are friends. Each of them suffered from their not-so-unrequited love.

 Jae was walking to the bus stop with a book in his hand and he did not notice the same pair of eyes was watching him from the bus stop adoring his cute look. His best friend was nowhere to be seen because their houses are opposite from each other and Brian knows that. He always follows the tall blonde guy from the opposite of the street whenever the school end. The tall one would always busy with his book to notice that.

But not today. Not today when Jae accidentally stumbled his right foot at a stone that happened to be there. Not today when Brian Kang ran without much thinking from the opposite of the street to save his crush. Thank god there were no cars at that time.

“Arghh”’ Jae screamed and expecting a hard ground when he fell with his face first but there was no hard ground waiting for him. Instead, he crashes into a warm sturdy person and both of them fell on top of each other. “Argh, my head!” a loud grumble from the person beneath Jae can be heard.

Jae quickly lifted his body from the person and said, “I’m sorry. I am really sorr—Brian? What are you doing here?” and Brian just blurted, “Saving my crush from falling apparently”. Jae’s mouth dropped and when Brian realized what he has said his face turns red as a cooked lobster.

They just stared at each other not realizing they were still on top of each other. A person that was just passing by made a loud coughing noise as their position were not exactly appropriate for the public to see. They quickly stand and brushed the dust from their clothes awkwardly. Brian’s head is still hurting from the fall and when Jae approached him to look at his head, Brian froze. “Ah, thank god there’s no blood’, said the tall guy but he did not receive any response from Brian. ”Brian? Brian Kang? Kang Younghyun?!” shouted Jae while shaking Brian’s shoulder. He started to panic in case Brian took the fall too hard and damaged his brain.

“You touch my head. You know my name. You said my name”, Brian mumbled and now Jae is the one that is speechless. “Of course I know your name. You are the director’s son, Kang Younghyun aka Brian Kang”, Jae said confusedly. His cute eyes are eyeing Brian carefully in case he really hurts his head.

Brian finally comes back to his senses and was blushing madly. Jae, being the usual Park Jaehyung teased, “Urm I thought I heard you said you were saving your crush?”

And with that one sentence, Brian felt like his face was burning and he quickly turned around and walked to the opposite end of the street. Jae chased after him and caught his hand. Then they are back facing each other and Brian felt like it was the end of the world. He just wants to run from here and hides his face in a blanket or something.

“Hey, I’m joking”, he said. “Thank you for saving me and why you are so red?” he continued. “COULD YOU PLEASE STOP THAT”, Brian snapped. He was embarrassed enough without Jae teasing him again and again. “Okay. I’m sorry. Seriously I’m sorry. I just want to make sure you are okay. Let’s go to a hospital. After all, it me who was to blame”, Jae pleaded. “No thanks”, Brian said.

“I thought so. Come, I’ll treat you a drink”, and with that, Jae pulled Brian’s hand to a nearby coffee shop. Brian who was still shocked from the fall felt like he will be having a heart attack anytime from now because of his crush spontaneous actions.

And here they are, facing each other, drinking their drinks without a single word. Jae drank iced chocolate while Brian was drinking the iced cappuccino that was ordered by Jae as Brian cannot utter a single word when he asked earlier. After a few minutes staring at their drinks, Jae announced, “Ah I can’t stand this. Okay, Brian Kang, I’m just too curious and I definitely not meant to tease you now”, he said seriously. Brian looks up from his drink and their eyes met. “When you said your crush, did you mean me?” he blurted. Brian almost sprayed his drink to the other guy and his eyes went big.

“Ahah, I thought so. There’s no way it is me right?”, Jae said curiously.

“It is you”, Brian finally speak and this time, the blonde eyed guy almost choked on his drink from the unexpected answer. Jae coughed a few times and wiped his mouth. They stared at each other, again.

Jae inhaled a few times and asked “What did you like about me?” catching Brian off guard. Brian stared into the cute eyes of his crush and answered, “Everything, apparently. Why?”

“Because, apparently, you are my crush too”, Jae said.