The crush

Crushes

Brian was walking to his home when his phone bleeped indicated he has a new message.

The crush:You wanna grab some coffee before you reach your home? I know a great place ;)

Brian’s face lighted up when he read the message. He quickly replied to his crush.

Bribri: Sure. Where r u? I’ll be there. ^^

The crush: Turn around. ;)

Brian turned his body and he caught a tall, lanky figure standing across the street with the brightest smile plastered on his face.

“Woah, brighter than the sun”, Brian mumbled alone while smiling back to the sun, his sun actually. When the light turn green, the sun or his real name, Park Jaehyung, walked towards Brian whose eyes were fixed on him.

“Hey handsome, wanna grab some coffee?” Jae said while pretending to flirt with Brian.

“Or you are waiting for somebody else?” he added, winking his way to Brian’s heart.

“You really have your way with words. I misunderstood you as a school’s nerd before”, Brian chuckled at Jae’s action.

“Do you think school’s nerd can’t be hot? If so, explain how I have a school’s bad boy as my boyfriend?” Jae added making the smaller boy blushed hard.

“Oh, so we are boyfriend now?” Brian asked while clearing his throat, hiding his blushing face.

“You don’t want to? ----

Brian smacked Jae’s head and the taller guy laughed showing the adorable smile of his thus making Brian stunned with the view.

“Let’s go. The coffee shop is nearby”, Jae said, pulling Brian’s hand like before.

They were happily chatting on their way to the coffee shop. Ahem, correction. Jae was happily talking and Brian was listening attentively to every word that was out of Jae’s mouth.

“You really talk a lot” -----

“You don’t like it?”-----

“I like everything about you Jae-ah,”

For the first time, it was Jae who blushed hard. Brian laughed at the sight and he cupped Jae’s face with his hands while continued to tease the tall guy.

“Park Jaehyung!” a small voice called for Jae from distant.

They turned around and there she was, Jae’s best friend, Hyeran, standing just a feet away from them with an unidentified expression on her face.

Jae froze. Brian dropped his hands from Jae’s face and his face hardened. His smile disappeared and his face turned into the face that he always shown at the school.

“Hy-hyeran-ah”, Jae stuttered a bit.

“What are you doing here?” Hyeran asked, still with that expression of hers.

“Huh? I’m walking home”, Jae replied, his eyes were shaking.

“Your home is in the opposite direction, Park Jaehyung”, she said with a stern voice.

“Why do you care?” Brian, who was just watching, replied with an uneasy glare at the smaller girl.

“Ah, that’s not it. Alright, it’s not my business. I’m going first, take care”, Hyeran slightly bowed and turned her back. She started walking away from them when Jae called her name.

“Hyeran-ah.”

She turned around and gave a sad smile to both of them before she walked away.

Jae’s hands were cold as ice when Brian pulled him towards the coffee shop. He did not say a word when Brian practically dragged him to their sits.

“Do you guys are dating or what?” Brian said while holding out a cup of hot chocolate to Jae. His voice sounded hurt.

“Ah? Huh? That’s not it,” Jae said, taking the hot chocolate from Brian. He slurped it down slowly and he looked at Brian with a guilty expression. He let out a small sigh and stared at Brian while saying,

“She likes you too”.

“I don’t like her”, Brian snapped. Jae reached for Brian’s hand and Brian flinched. “I don’t like her, what are you so guilty about? Is it wrong to like somebody? You can’t like me if she already did that?” Brian blurted, his ears were red. Brian was very mad.

“That’s not it. You already knew that she is my best friend. She probably felt betrayed seeing me with you. I never told her I like you too”, Jae explained to Brian. His eyes were pleading for Brian’s understanding. His voice cracked and he might break down anytime from now.

Brian, realizing Jae’s feeling, quickly held both of the taller guy’s hand, reassuring him that it is okay.

“I’m sorry okay? We’ll talk to her tomorrow at school. Together. Don’t worry okay? Everything will be fine”, Brian said, his hands still holding the other’s hands.

Jae finally smiled but it was one of the smiles that Brian hated to see on Jae. But Brian did not want to make things worse than now so he smiled back.

They finished their drinks in silence and then Brian walked Jae to his house. Jae insisted that Brian went back first but Brian did not want to leave Jae alone. “Not now,” Brian thought.

They arrived at Jae’s house when Brian pulled the tall guy in an embraced, slowly patting the guy’s back. Jae buried his head in his boyfriend’s chest, finding the reassuring he needed.

“It’ll be fine.”

Or that’s what they thought at that time.