When you like someone

Crushes

Wonpil was mad. He was busy reading a book among the racks of book in the library when he saw his best friend, Sungjin, was searching for books when a girl in their class coincidently browsing through the same rack that he was. 

Wonpil who was sitting down on the floor facing them was about to call for Sungjin but then he saw that boy’s eyes.

Sungjin was fondly staring at a girla.

As far as Wonpil knows, she is Hyeran, the prettiest girl in their class. Also Jae’s best friend but people always had mistaken them as a couple but Wonpil knew that Jae has a thing for the bad boy in their class.

His heart ached badly and Wonpil decided that he needed some air. He quickly put the book back to where it belong and make his way out from the library. 

He needed a place that he knows no one else is there. “Ahah, the rooftop!” Wonpil thought. He walked a few steps then he stopped. “But what if Dowoon is there?” he mumbled to himself. “Ah whatever, he didn’t own the rooftop,” he added.

Wonpil climbed the stairs and opened the door that connected to the roof and there he was, Yoon Dowoon at the same place as last time. Only this time, he is not alone. A group of girls are standing in front of him and he can see their classmate, Jieun, holding out something to Dowoon while smiling brightly.

He eyed Dowoon and that smart boy removed his right earphone and stared at the girl. He then rolled his eyes and mumbled something that Wonpil cannot hear from the door. Jieun slowly drop her hands to her side and her bright smile now was long gone.

She ran towards the door and followed by her girls chasing her steps. Wonpil quickly hided between the door to avoid stumble upon the girls.

When he came out to the rooftop, Yoon Dowoon already turned his body facing the field with earphones in his ears. Wonpil slowly went to the boy and sat beside the boy. Dowoon looked at the smaller boy with a shock and before he can utter any word Wonpil proceeded to take one of his earphones and put it in his right ear.


“Don’t talk, I’m not in the mood’, the smaller boy said.


They quietly listened to Dowoon’s song playlist and staring at green field. At least, Wonpil stared at the field while Dowoon sneakily stared at the boy who sat beside him. “He look, sad?” Dowoon thought.

After a few minutes of silent, Wonpil finally opened his mouth.

“What should you do if you like someone?” he said with a sigh. His whole body felt cold, so he crossed his arms for some warmth.


Dowoon hesitated a bit before replied, eyes still staring at Wonpil. He desperately want to pull the boy into his embrace, to share the warmth, to comfort him.

“Depends, if you want to”.


“I’m afraid it will-- wait I didn’t said it was me”, 

Wonpil turned his face to the staring Dowoon too quickly he almost fell forward. Luckily Dowoon fast response saved him from falling down. He grabbed that smaller boy waist and practically hugging the boy and their eyes found each other. The warmth from Dowoon’s body spread to Wonpil’s waist. He felt warm but most importantly he felt safe.

“I like you”, Dowoon suddenly said.

Wonpil’s eyes shook and he blinked his eyes rapidly. Before he can say anything, Dowoon put his finger on Wonpil’s mouth. 

“Don’t answer me. I know you like someone else,” he added and proceeded to lift Wonpil up from the barrier that they were sitting on and stand that boy up before he released him. He flashed a sad smile before he turned around and start walking, leaving the still-shocked Wonpil alone, for the second time.