Killed the Squad (Tzuyu x ?): Part 2

My Twice One-Shot Collection

 

If someone asked Tzuyu to describe her crush in three words, she’d say…

 


 

The next morning, Dahyun picked her and Jeongyeon up and drove them to school, like she always did.

 

Needless to say, Dahyun was the best driver in their friend group, she was also the group’s designated driver since she never drank at parties. The only time Tzuyu had seen Dahyun drunk was at last year’s ‘Novembash’, aka Jeongyeon and Momo’s birthday party, aka the biggest party of the year. Jeongyeon and Momo’s parties were legendary but junior year’s definitely took the cake. To everyone but Dahyun, that is, who is still haunted by the embarrassing videos of her drunk-dancing that were released the next morning to the net.

 

Tzuyu didn’t know why it bothered Dahyun so much when they were the only ones that remembered it.

 

Tzuyu cracked a smile.

 

The reason why no one remembers Dahyun’s video was because that Monday, when Dahyun’s video began to spread, a new video was posted on Youtube that would affect another one of her friends.

 

That 3-minute compilation of Nayeon drunk crying “highlights” was the talk of the school for at least a month, of which Nayeon skipped 10 out of those 20 school days. It never came to light who released it, but the main suspects were: Jeongyeon, who’s motive was just to troll Nayeon; Dahyun, who wanted to salvage her reputation by dragging Nayeon’s down; and Park Chanyeol, Nayeon’s ex-boyfriend.

 

Tzuyu looked at Dahyun’s concentrated face while driving and bit her lip.

 

The truth was though, that the video had been leaked by two people, not just one.

 

Those two people had been Chaeyoung and Tzuyu.

 

They knew she had much more to lose than Nayeon. If her parents had found out, well maybe Dahyun wouldn’t be driving her to school as of this moment. Tzuyu had compiled the clips and edited the video in a comical way while Chaeyoung was in charge of posting it and spreading it around. It wasn’t hard though, after all, Nayeon was the most popular girl in school… after Tzuyu that is.

 

Of course, Dahyun never found out about this. Chaeyoung made Tzuyu promise not to tell. At that time, she didn’t quite understand why but after becoming closer to her this semester, she had learned one very important fact about Dahyun:

 

She’d always do the right thing even if it’d end up hurting her.

 

Tzuyu admired that about Dahyun. Although by general standards she wasn’t selfish, Tzuyu would never come close to being as selfless as Dahyun.

 


 

 

Tzuyu had a car. A Mercedes C-Class, a real beauty. It was given to her for her 17th birthday but did Tzuyu know how to drive? Well that was a whole other story. You’d think that fancy car would’ve gone rusty due to lack of use since its owner couldn't drive it, but it didn't.

 

Having a nice car meant people wanted to drive it, and so, she managed to get her friends to chauffeur for her for free in exchange for allowing them to drive it. It didn't make sense to Tzuyu but she managed to save money that would've gone to a legit driver.

 

Dahyun didn't like taking Tzuyu's car, it was too flashy for her and Jeongyeon didn't know how to drive. Momo on the other hand was a huge car lover, she didn't live that far away and she loved driving people places, she was the type that craved human interaction, so it was a win-win situation for both of them.

 

"Are you sad?” Were the first words Momo uttered once she got the car engine going.

 

“A little bit,” Tzuyu confessed. “I knew this was gonna happen for a while but it still hurts me to see them go”

 

Momo’s eyes softened for a second before going back to what was going on in front of her. She lifted her free hand and put it on top of Tzuyu’s that were rested on her lap. She touched them lightly before taking one of them in her own and giving it a small squeeze.

 

“It’ll be alright” Momo smiled. “Let’s not cry when we haven't even said goodbye yet”

 

Tzuyu nodded quietly even though she knew Momo, who’s eyes were on the road, wasn’t gonna see it.

 

She wrapped her fingers around Momo’s hand and lifted it up, pressing it to her face.

 

Momo side-eyed her cautiously.

 

“Your hand is cold” Tzuyu explained with a smile.

 

Its was a lie.

 

Out of all of her friends, Momo was one of the warmest, inside out. She was glad she was gonna be the one there in case she did happen to break into tears.

 

if only…

 

Tzuyu shook her head, best to not think about it. Momo probably sensed the uneasiness in Tzuyu because she turned towards her and sent her a kiss.

 

“Love you, Chewy” She said with a smile.

 

“Love you too, Momo” she replied with a laugh.

 

She really did.

 


First of all, she’s kind…


 

“Kimi, meet Momo” Tzuyu said handing Momo the grey kitten. “Momo, meet Kimi”

 

Momo took the cat in one arm and caressed its head with the other hand tenderly, kind of how she did to Tzuyu whenever she’d fall asleep with her head on her lap when they were watching movies on Mina’s couch on their monthly ‘Movie Nights’.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes were on the kitten. She watched as it tried to climb Momo’s arm, clinging to her sleeve, suddenly her eyes felt watery. She stood up quietly, taking advantage of the fact that Momo was distracted, playing around with the cat.

 

“Bathroom” was all she could say, before rushing out of the room.

 

Tzuyu slammed the door closed and stared at her own reflection as she felt her chest swell up. Why did this scene seem so familiar? oh, right.

 

She sobbed quietly, silently praying no one would come in.

 

She felt so stupid crying over an animal but Kimi had been her friend, she had told her things no one else knew about her and playing with her always made her forget all her problems. She made her happy.

 

She whipped her eyes and blew her nose, she couldn’t cry, especially in a public place where she could be seen. She checked her phone. She had been gone for over 15 minutes, She hoped Momo’s terrible ability to tell time would be her aid.

 

As she walked back to where Momo had been sitting, she noticed the girl wasn’t there anymore.

 

Before she had the time to call out her name, Momo popped up behind her, scaring the living soul out of her. She was still holding the fluffy grey cat Tzuyu loved so much.

 

“Ah!” She yelled the moment she felt Momo’s breathing creep on her neck.

 

“Scared you?” Momo laughed. “Tzuyu, I have some good news and some bad news”

 

“Bad news first” Tzuyu cringed.

 

“Bad news is we need to start packing up cause they’re taking the kitties in about 30 minutes”

 

Tzuyu just sighed. “and the good news?”

 

“This isn’t the last time you’ll see little Kimi!”

 

“Why not? They said they’re moving all the cats to the other shelter” Tzuyu was confused.

 

“Because… I’ve decided to adopt it! I texted my mom and she said it was fine, you can come over and play with it any time you wish”

 

It took Tzuyu around 2 seconds to understand what Momo was saying and another 2 seconds to react. Her initial reaction was to yelp out a noise that —Tzuyu swore— was not human, her second reaction was to hug Momo.

 

She felt so thankful, she buried her face in the older girl’s shoulder and felt tears stream down her cheeks again.

 

“Oh my god, I love you, Momo!”

 

“Love you too, Chewy” Momo chuckled, petting Tzuyu’s head softly.

 

It would’ve been a perfect moment had it not been interrupted by Tzuyu’s phone. Without letting go of Momo, she took it out of her pocket and stared at the sender’s name.

 

huh, that’s unusual.

 

Myoui Mi: We need to talk.

Myoui Mi: Meet me at the park in front of the Yoo’s at 8, don’t be late.

 

Tzuyu’s heart stopped.

 

She let go of Momo.

 

“Everything okay?”

 

“Yes, just a little overwhelmed” Tzuyu lied.

 

Well it wasn’t actually a lie, she was overwhelmed but not just because of what Momo had done. She wasn’t exactly sure why Mina wanted to talk to her but for her to act so serious, there was only one possibility and it made Tzuyu’s insides churn.

 

The way home was cheerful, Tzuyu played along, didn’t want to ruin the day for Momo who had already done so much for her.

 

As soon as she got home, she looked at her clock: 6:30pm. She had 30 minutes to figure out what Mina wanted.

 


Second of all, she’s confident…


 

She told her mom she was going over to Dahyun’s house assuming she wouldn’t feel comfortable with her daughter going to the park alone while dark. She technically wasn’t gonna be alone, but knowing her mother, it was best to spare her the details and just lie.

 

She arrived at 6:58pm at the park. If Mina was known for anything, it was for her punctuality, but Tzuyu wanted to arrive there first in order to calm down her nerves before confronting the other girl.

 

Her mind went back to the original question on her mind: “Why did Mina out of all people want to talk to Tzuyu? and what was the hurry?”

 

I’m sorry for making you come here so late” a soft voice said.

 

Tzuyu turned around, it was Mina. She approached Tzuyu casually, her hands in her pockets, something felt different about Mina, Tzuyu could tell. It made her uncomfortable.

 

“It just, couldn’t wait” She explained with a chuckle.

 

“Is it some sort of emergency?” Tzuyu asked coldly.

 

“More like, I needed to talk to you before I lost all my courage to do so”

 

“Courage?” Tzuyu frowned. “Wait is this a—“

 

“No!” Mina yelled (well, as much of a yell anything coming out of Mina’s mouth could be).

 

“oh!” Tzuyu giggled, she felt dumb for assuming such a thing. Although you couldn’t blame her for it, Mina was being very ambiguous. “Then what’s up?”

 

“I was talking to Sana this morning and she told me she was worried about you”

 

Sana. Of course, why didn’t Tzuyu think of that earlier? Mina would never write a text like the one she sent Tzuyu but Sana would.

 

“If she’s so worried, why didn’t she talk to me herself?”

 

“She didn’t want to seem too erm, overbearing, so she asked me to talk to you instead” She giggled nervously.

 

Mina and Sana may seem pretty inoffensive to others, but when they’re together they’re one perfect working, well-oiled gossip machine. Nothing happened in the group without Mina and Sana finding out, they could figure things out from a single slip of tongue, there was only one well kept secret Mina and Sana didn’t know yet, so of course Mina was here to figure out what it was.

 

“Just say it, Mina” Tzuyu said confidently, this was the one time they weren’t gonna be able to get anything out of her.

 

“Sana thinks the person your crushing on is one of us” Mina said shyly.

 

Tzuyu gulped, Mina noticed that.

 

“What makes you think such a thing?” Tzuyu asked stone faced, no emotion, it was her forte.

 

“Who do you wanna hear it from?”

 

Typical Mina. She had this thing whenever she had to be forceful about something, she switched to her Sana alter-ego. Basically what that meant was she said it in Sana’s words, or at least in the way Sana would say it. Mina and Sana creeped her out.

 

“What did Sana tell you?”

 

Mina’s face darkened, her voice tone changed. It seemed almost sarcastic, mocking. This is why Sana’s girlfriend, Eunha hated Mina so much, she could perfectly replicate the worst parts of Sana’s personality, a side that she herself kept locked up and only came out through Mina.

 

How did they know that side of Sana existed, though? Tzuyu had only seen it once, it had been in freshman year, after Sana had come out. Some girls had been mocking her for a while and Sana had managed to keep up her happy front until they started to bully Hyeri, the girl Sana had been openly crushing on. Hyeri didn’t like Sana back but she was flattered none the less so when things started to get bad, Sana cracked. It was scary to say the least, it was surprising how much dirt Sana had on people. Tzuyu thought it was amusing, everyone has a darker side and it was interesting to see it come out.

 

“You’ve kept this crush a secret for too long, we all know this isn’t a new development. But why? that’s what I’ve been wondering. Why would the most popular girl in school hide a measly school-girl crush unless it would have some sort of consequence, the very existence of the crush I mean”

 

Tzuyu bit the inside of her cheek.

 

“It’s not us, I think we’ve cleared that up already”

 

‘Us’ being Mina and Sana.

 

“Sana and I talked about it and we concluded it was best to talk to you. Just…make you think twice is you were planning on confessing”

 

Her face softened, she was back to Mina mode. Tzuyu felt Mina take both of her hands in hers, her fingers were cold.

 

“Don’t worry” She giggled. “I’m not here to threatening you, Tzuyu. You can do whatever you want and we’ll support you, remember that, but I do have to warn you of the impact it’d have on —not only you.. but all of us if said person were to find out you were i love with her. I mean, that is in case she doesn’t like you back of course”

 

Tzuyu bit her lip.

 

“I know, Mina, you think I haven’t thought of that? and I swear I feel so guilty about it and I just want it to go away, but I can’t. I don’t know what to do anymore and it’s killing me”

 

Mina hugged Tzuyu.

 

“You can tell me anything if you need to, I promise I won’t tell a soul…not even Sana”

 

“Now that I doubt”

 

They both laughed.

 

“But seriously, you can trust me. I’m the best keeper of secrets at this school”

 

“Yet you don’t know who the mystery girl is”

 

“I’m down to two possible suspects” Mina laughed. “But i’m gonna leave it to you if you ever feel like telling me.

 

“Thank you, Mina” Tzuyu said letting go. “But I think I’ll get over it soon, lets just pretend this never happened”

 

“If that’s what you want” Mina sighed. “Do you want me to walk you home?”

 

“No I think I’ll stay here for a while to think, have a safe walk home”

 


and lastly, she’s caring…


 

Tzuyu basically told Mina to leave in the nicest way possible, she herself noticed that and bid the younger girl goodbye.

 

She sat down on a bench and began to think of Mina’s words, she knew Mina meant well.

 

After a few minutes, it began to rain.

 

Tzuyu welcomed the rain. She smiled as the drops of water fell on her eyelashes, making her eyelids heavy. That week had been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least but feeling the rain on her skin, it was almost as if it were washing away all the negative emotions on Tzuyu’s heart.

 

She thought of her crush, the person she loved so much she wasn’t even sure if it could be considered a crush anymore. It was scary but at the same time, exciting. Nevertheless, she was more than content with just having her as a friend.

 

She began to walk home as soon as the rain stopped, the park was a few blocks away from her house and she enjoyed walking in the cool breeze of an October night.

 

Her deep thought was interrupted by a bright light that shone behind her, leaving a huge ‘tzuyu shaped’ shadow in front of the tall girl. She turned around to the source of the light to see a familiar van.

 

The van caught up to her and the driver lowered their window.

 

“Tzuyu? What are you doing here? Oh my god, you’re soaking wet!”

 

Dahyun got out of the van, took off her jacket and put it over Tzuyu’s shoulders. It was clearly too small for Tzuyu but she appreciated the gesture.

 


 

Dahyun drove quietly, all that could be heard were Tzuyu’s chattering teeth.

 

“Your mom will freak if she sees you like this, you’re coming over and I’m lending you one of Taeyong’s sweatshirts”

 

Taeyong was Dahyun’s older brother, he was at college but he had left some clothes behind. Whenever Tzuyu slept over at Dahyun’s and she was to lazy to walk to her house for a change of clothes, she’d wear her brother’s track pants and one of the many sweatshirts he had left behind. The clothes smelled like Dahyun.

 

Tzuyu didn’t respond.

 

“My parents are at a dinner party so don’t worry about leaving puddles, we’ll clean them up later. Just go and take a shower in my room, I’ll leave you a change of clean clothes on top of my bed, I’ll be waiting for you at the couch so you can explain to me what in the name of god were you doing out in the rain” Dahyun instructed as soon as they got to her house and Tzuyu just nodded and followed instructions.

 


It was a mix of these three qualities along with many more that made Tzuyu love her so much…


 

“Yes, she’s here, she’s just taking a shower” were the first words Tzuyu heard after leaving Dahyun’s room after taking a shower. Dahyun was talking to someone on Tzuyu’s phone, she turned around and saw Tzuyu, sighing loudly before announcing.

 

“She’s here, do you wanna talk to her?” the caller replied and Dahyun nodded and handed Tzuyu the phone.

 

Tzuyu gave Dahyun a puzzled expression.

 

“Jihyo” Dahyun mouthed and Tzuyu’s heart stopped.

 

“H-hello?” Tzuyu uttered nervously as she sat down on the floor in front of Dahyun who was sitting on the couch. The older girl proceeded to remove her towel and dry Tzuyu’s hair.

 

“Hey Tzuyu how was your visit to the shelter? I called you but you didn’t reply”

 

“Yeah, sorry I had it on mute, and it was good! Momo was great company as usual”

 

“Why is Dahyun telling me you were out in the rain all alone? Was saying goodbye too hard on you? You know we’re here if you need to talk” Jihyo seemed genuinely concerned, Tzuyu loved that about Jihyo.

 

“Actually, Momo—“ Tzuyu stopped for a second.

 

“Yes, it was hard, but I’m over it now, just needed to clear my mind, is all”

 

Tzuyu didn’t feel like explaining the whole situation to Jihyo, at least that’s why she thinks she lied. She didn’t want to get Mina and Sana in unnecessary trouble either.

 

Dahyun was done drying her hair so she got up to get a brush.

 

“Oh, okay then” Jihyo responded. “Well call me if you need anything. Love you”

 

“Love you too” Tzuyu smiled and hung up the phone.

 

She grinned at herself for a second, exhaling through her nose. Said grin was interrupted when she felt a pair of eyes on her, it was Dahyun, she was biting her lip and looking at her with an expression Tzuyu had never seen before.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Tzuyu” Dahyun’s voice was tense.

 

“Dahyun” Tzuyu laughed nervously.

 

“That weird face you made just a few seconds ago” Dahyun mumbled, “You only make that face when you feel guilty about something.”

 

“and what would I feel guilty about?”

 

Lying maybe.

 

“Tzuyu what were you doing outside” Dahyun sat down next to Tzuyu, she didn’t seem like someone demanding answers but instead like a curious child about to ask a question they’d later regret.

 

Tzuyu gave in, explaining everything to Dahyun, from what had really happened at the shelter to her encounter with Mina just a few minutes before Dahyun found her.

 

Dahyun nodded slowly.

 

“I don’t know why Mina acted all shady about it, though” Dahyun laughed.

 

It was a forced laugh, though, a fake one. Even dense Tzuyu could tell.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, isn’t the person you like: Jihyo?” Dahyun said that last part quietly.

 

Tzuyu froze. What had she just gotten herself into?

 

“w-what makes you s-say that?” Tzuyu stuttered.

 

“I thought it was obvious!” Dahyun said loudly, “The reason why you’re keeping this person’s identity a secret, you think Mina and Sana are the only ones that found that odd? and when you told Jihyo that that person would never like you back, you were talking about her, weren’t you? I’ve seen the way you look at her and…”

 

 


The person Tzuyu liked, the person who made her heart flutter and kept her up at night, imagining improbable scenarios was…


 

 

“You” Tzuyu mumbled.

 

what?”

 

“You wanted to know, right?” Tzuyu stood up, laughing pathetically as she spoke.

 

“Know what” Dahyun stood up as well, facing Tzuyu with a frown on her face.

 

“The person who I’m in love with…this whole time…it was you, Kim Dahyun” Tzuyu confessed.“You and your senseless humor and embarrassing dancing; you and your overall collection; you and your weird multicolored hair and your dumb smile and that ugly face you make when your favorite song plays on the radio. I love how kind and caring you are and your huge confidence and I’m so stupid cause I told myself I’d never say this out-loud yet here I am revealing it to the one person that was never supposed to find out”

 

Dahyun just stared at her, eyes and mouth wide open.

 

“I’m sorry” Tzuyu mumbled, fumbling to look of her phone and reaching down to grab. “I won’t bother you anymore”

 

She began to walk towards the entrance before a hand grabbed her arm, stopping her to a halt. Tzuyu didn’t dare to turn around, she couldn’t face Dahyun after everything she had just said.

 

“This whole time…” Dahyun whispered. “you know, its funny… how you think you have everything figured out until someone comes and makes you question if anything you’ve ever known is even true”

 

“I’m sorry” Tzuyu breathed out.

 

“No, don’t apologize, its not your fault. Growing up, we were always taught that homouality was bad, that its people who lack knowledge of god that ended up confused”

 

Tzuyu didn’t like where this was going and tried to rid herself of Dahyun’s grasp on her arm but the older girl just took her a hold of her hand before she could leave.

 

“I’ve always had knowledge of god. I pray every day when I wake up and every night before going to bed. I was never too fond of Sana’s…liberal ways… but getting close to you, it was one confusion after the other, I told myself I was imagining things. The fact that I’m in my own house getting confessed to by the most beautiful girl in school feels sort weird.”

 

Tzuyu turned around, it was now Dahyun that was avoiding her gaze.

 

“The weirdest part is I imagined this scenario so many times in my head, even while suggesting Jihyo was the person you liked… what an odd coincidence” A small sigh left Dahyun’s lips. “now I’m rambling, do you understand what I’m trying to say here?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head and Dahyun took a deep breath. She pulled her down and gave Tzuyu a small peck in the cheek.

 

“Does this mean…?” Tzuyu pointed at the spot Dahyun had just kissed, Dahyun was still pulling her down so they were at eye level. If Dahyun were to move forward even a single centimeter, she’d bump noses with Tzuyu.

 

“Yeah”

 

“wow” Tzuyu cocked her head forward a little bit, feeling Dahyun’s breath tickling her lips.

 

Dahyun tilted her head to her side and shyly leaned in closer.

 

“I just wanna…” Tzuyu whispered her upper barely grazing Dahyun’s when she talked. She unconsciously placed her free hand on the back of her neck. “Can I?”

 

She nodded and Tzuyu pressed her lips lightly against Dahyun’s. Awkwardly making a loud kissing sound before taking a step back. Dahyun’s eyes were still half-lidded a few seconds after Tzuyu pulled away, she opened them slowly and stared at Tzuyu quietly.

 

“So is it safe to say the feeling is mutual?” Tzuyu asked bluntly.

 

“Sana’s gonna kill us for this” Dahyun laughed.

 

Tzuyu agreed with a laugh.

 

In a way, even if Sana did end up murdering Tzuyu, she could say it had been worth it.

 

So much for an unrequited crush, huh?

 


 

A/N:

 

okay it wasn't as good as I wished it had been and I'm sorry. This fic was originally gonna be jitzu but I really fell in love with Dahyun's and Tzuyu's dynamic and decided to work with it instead.

 

this two-shot is funny cause it comes from a squad AU I wrote as a PP Presentation around a year ago, the Sana-Mina twin thing came to me in a dream after watching the shinning.

 

Hope it wasn't TOO disappointing. thanks for the support.