Killed the Squad (Tzuyu x ?): Part I

My Twice One-Shot Collection

“C’mon Tzuyu!”

 

“I said I’m not telling you, Chaeyoung!”

 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung bickered on their way to their table at the school cafeteria. The rest of the girls were already sitting down, chatting and eating their lunches.

 

“Tell her what?” Jihyo asked and Tzuyu swallowed hard.

 

“Tzuyu likes someone!” Chaeyoung announced happily “Ow!”

 

Tzuyu punched Chaeyoung in the arm.

 

“You do?!” Nayeon stood up. “Who is he? Do I know him?”

 

“Leave her alone, Nayeon!” Jihyo demanded, pulling Nayeon back down. “If she doesn’t feel comfortable sharing, we have no right to pressure her”

 

“That’s right, Chaeyoung!” Jeongyeon said. “Now sit down, you’re attracting too much attention!”

 

Chaeyoung turned around only to realize everyone at the cafeteria was staring at them and had heard the whole thing. Tzuyu’s blush went from bright pink to a dark shade of red. Apologetic, she dragged her feet to the table, not daring to even look back at Tzuyu.

 

Countless murmurs began filling the room, much to the shortest’ embarrassment. 

 

“hey…I’m sorry” Chaeyoung mumbled full of remorse.

 

“It’s okay” Tzuyu lied, trying hard to ignore the whispering around her, alas it was hard.

 

Dahyun put her hand on Tzuyu’s shoulder as a sign of sympathy, giving the girl a soft smile. Tzuyu smiled back, knowing getting mad at Chaeyoung wouldn’t change anything. She was used to the attention anyway, one of the downsides of being popular, you could say Tzuyu and her friends were “the cool kids” in school.

 


 

The group consisted of:

 

Im Nayeon: Head cheerleader, homecoming queen and trend setter. Made Topshop go back in business in their town.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon: Captain of the soccer team with perfect grades that does modeling part time. Dating the captain of the football team, Kim Junmyeon.

 

Hirai Momo: Known party animal and captain of the dance team. The of everyone’s jokes but the girl everyone loves.

 

Minatozaki Sana: “Hottest girl in school”, had kissed each and every single person in school before the end of sophmore year, dating student council vice president, Jung Eunbi.

 

Park Jihyo: Student council president and leader of the squad. Voted most likely to succeed every year since elementary school.

 

Myoui Mina: Richest girl in school and the squad’s princess. Casted in every school musical as the main character without even auditioning.

 

Kim Dahyun: Head of the school’s youth group and piano prodigy. Won a nationwide stand up comedy contest in freshman year.

 

Son Chaeyoung: Every hipsters wet dream, her Instagram has over 500K followers, very popular with girls.

 

and Chou Tzuyu: The school’s “it” girl. Good at everything and with everyone, works at animal shelters on the weekends.

 

They met on the day of the entrance exams after being put in the same classroom and became close friends ever since.

 


 

Tzuyu looked at Dahyun with a small smile, she was scolding Chayoung who looked like she was about to cry. Dahyun and Chaeyoung had been in her middle school but she had never talked to them until the day they all became friends. Those two had been close since pre-school, though.

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu had a hard time getting along at first since they had nothing in common. Lately though, Tzuyu had been becoming closer to Dahyun, they’d talk on the phone often and were in 3 classes together (and lived nearby) so they’d generally pair up for projects.

 

“It’s okay, seriously” Tzuyu assured so Dahyun would leave Chaeyoung alone.

 

She was pretty close to Chaeyoung as well. The moment they met, the shortest had decided they’d be best friends so although Tzuyu avoided her at first, Chaeyoung managed to win over her heart by the end of freshman year. They’d bicker playfully but Tzuyu would never dare say anything truly mean to her Chaeyoung and she knew the feeling was mutual. No, Chaeyoung would never hurt Tzuyu, not on purpose at least.

 

“I’ll make it up to you, Tzuyu” Chaeyoung apologized again, “I’ll even accept that Seungkwan guy’s confession to distract the attention from you”

 

Tzuyu chuckled, putting her hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t worry, Chaeng” She smiled, “maybe this will push me into finally confessing”

 

“So does that mean you’ll tell us who it is?” her face lit up.

 

“I was gonna tell you, but now I won’t. That’s your punishment for being so loud”

 

The others laugh.

 

“Okay, but seriously, who is it?” Nayeon asked. All the girls leaning forward, waiting for Tzuyu to respond.

 

“None”

 

“None?” Mina and Sana echoed.

 

“None of your business,” Tzuyu deadpanned. “now leave me alone”

 

She stood up and left the table, not even bothering to take her food with her.

 

 


 

Tzuyu looked back at her very confused friends with a frown. She wasn’t actually angry, the only reason why she left the table was to avoid any more questions, that, and a certain girl’s stare.

 

She walked to the nearest bathroom and locked herself in the last stall, worried she had been followed, and cause god loved playing with her emotions, she heard the door open.

“Tzuyu, I know you’re in here” it was Jihyo.

 

Tzuyu remained quiet, praying she’d leave but instead, Jihyo walked all the way to the stall where Tzuyu was hidden.

 

“If you're planning on hiding, you should at least stand on top of the toilet so I can't see your feet,” Jihyo announced with a soft chuckle. “dummy”

 

Tzuyu timidly unlocked the door and left the stall only to be met by Jihyo’s big brown eyes.

 

“What’s up?” She began casually.

 

“What’s up with you? You stormed off on us. I know it was inconsiderate of the girls to be asking too many questions but you can't really blame them for being curious, it’s..”

 

Jihyo stopped and bent backwards, making sure no one was in the any of the other stalls before continuing in a much lower voice.

 

“It’s your first crush. Of course we’re gonna get excited!”

 

We” Tzuyu echoed

 

“Yeah! I’m just as happy for you as they are?”

 

“Why would you be happy for me? Its just a crush, its not like we're dating…it’s not like they even like me back anyway?”

 

Jihyo burst out into laughter.

 

“Name one person in this school who wouldn't date you without second thought!”

 

Tzuyu muttered something inaudible.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” Tzuyu shook her head. “Anyway, I doubt they like me back”

 

“Why are you so sure of that?” Jihyo crossed her arms.

 

“They see me as a sister, nothing more” Tzuyu explained.

 

“Oh, so it’s someone you’re close to!” Jihyo bobbed her head from one side to another before gasping.

 

“Oh my god, are you in love with Eunwoo?” Jihyo said excitedly, but Tzuyu couldn't help but notice she seem a bit too excited. It bothered her.

 

“What? no! of course not!” Tzuyu stared at the ground shyly. “It’s not like that, we’re just close friends”

 

“Then who is it? He’s the only guy you're close to”

 

“Its actually not really a…” Tzuyu tried to say, her voice getting lower with each word.

 

“a?”

 

“a buh…”

 

“a buh….” Jihyo repeated, getting a little too close to comfort, making Tzuyu stumble back. She stared at Jihyo through the mirror, not daring to make direct eye contact with her.

 

“Jihyo, my crush isn't a boy” she whispered, looking down at her own fidgeting hands.

 

“Ohhhh” was all Jihyo could say.

 

There was a painful pause that couldn't have lasted more than 15 seconds but to Tzuyu, it felt like it was eternal.

 

“Well that explains a lot,” Jihyo mumbled with a chuckle. “I won't ask further if you don't feel like answering. I’m sorry”

 

“Its okay,” Tzuyu tilted her head to a side, still staring at her hands, “you were bound to find out sooner or later, at least I had the chance to be the one to break the news”

 

“It’s not a big deal, Tzuyu!” Jihyo patted Tzuyu’s back. “It’s not like Sana’s the straightest in the world either”

 

“Of course not, she’s dating your VP” Tzuyu cracked a smile.

 

“Exactly!” She grabbed her arms and spun her around so she’d be facing her, it made Tzuyu catch her breath.

 

“But if you sill wanna be private about it, I can keep your little secret”

 

“The girls are listening through the other side of the door, so technically it’s not a secret anymore” Tzuyu replied stone faced and Jihyo cringed. "I heard them shutting each other up when you asked if it was Eunwoo"

 

“God dammit! We got caught!” It was Chaeyoung’s voice.

 

"Language!" Mina and Dahyun cried at the same time.

 

“Shhh, girls don't blow our cover” Momo whispered.

 

“Oh shut up, homo, she already caught us!” Nayeon said that a lot louder.

 

“Speaking of homo…” Sana said as she pushed the door open, revealing 7 shameless peeping toms. She smiled at Tzuyu brightly, took her hand and put it around her own shoulder.

 

“Welcome to the club, Chewy! Is it gonna be a rainbow badge for you or a pink, purple and blue badge?”

 

“Rainbow” Tzuyu sighed miserably and they all laughed.

 

Tzuyu laughed along with them, although uneasily. She knew from the start they’d be accepting about it, that wasn't the part that scared her the most.

 

“So who is it?” Nayeon asked, snapping Tzuyu back into reality.

 

“Calm down, Nayeon! That’s enough revelations for today. Tzuyu will tell us she’s she’s ready”

 

Yes, it was the matter of who Tzuyu liked that frightened her to no end.

 

“It better not be one of us!” Nayeon warned, “I know I’m y but please control your urges”

 

Tzuyu turned beet red and punched Nayeon in the shoulder. Typical Nayeon to say exactly what she wasn’t supposed to. Tzuyu had to admit she sort of liked that part of Nayeon, it made her fun to be around but for her to say such a thing, it was ironic.

 

“” Tzuyu mumbled.

 

“I’m kidding” Nayeon hugged Tzuyu. “I’m sorry, kid. I love you”

 

Tzuyu shyly hugged back. Nayeon wasn’t the best hugger in the group, no, that title belonged to either Momo or Jihyo, but she appreciated it, it made Tzuyu’s chest well-up for a second.

 

To interrupt the girls’ bonding time, the bell rang.

 

“Alright!” Jihyo announced. “Time for class! Off we go!”

 

“ you and your rules, Ji-!” Chaeyoung said in a gangster-like voice. "We're staying for my girl Tzuyu, its her big moment!"

 

“Don't make me make you regret saying that, Son!” Jihyo warned and Chaeyoung took Momo’s hand and they ran off.

 

Mina, Jihyo and Jeongyeon walked out next, followed by Dahyun and Nayeon leaving Tzuyu alone with Sana.

 

“I’m so happy for you Tzuyu!“

 

“Why? Because I like girls?” Tzuyu didn't feel like having this conversation. Especially not with Sana.

 

“You’ll find dating girls so much more fun than dating guys, this is coming from someone who has dated both and honestly... the is so much be—”

 

“Okay, Sana that’s enough” Tzuyu yelled and Sana giggled.

 

“Jeez, who knew you’d be such a prude!” Sana touched Tzuyu’s hand casually.

 

“Could it be its Dahyun you like?”

 

“S-Stop joking like that, Sana!” Tzuyu cried “l-let’s get to class”

 

“Aww I got you all flustered” Sana jumped up and down in excitement, clinging onto Tzuyu’s arm.

 

“P-please l-let go of me, S-sana! I’m s-serious!”

 

“Or could it be it’s me?” Sana said with a pout, her nose grazing Tzuyu’s who gulped hard.

 

“L-let’s get to class!” Tzuyu said, walking out and followed by Sana who’s classroom next period was right next to hers.

 

Sana clung to her shoulders from behind and whispered.

 

“I’m just messing with you, Tzuyu” she let out a sigh, “I want to believe its not one of us…right?”

 

She skipped to her classroom with an innocent grin, before turning back to say one last thing to an already mortified Tzuyu.

 

“Cause that would be back. You know that right?”

 

She stuck out her tongue before calling her girlfriend’s name and running inside.

 

Tzuyu exhaled roughly as soon as the girl was out of sight.

 

“Well, dumb-, I got news for you” she mumbled to herself sadly before walking to her own classroom.

 

 


 

 

“Oh my god, she said that?” Jeongyeon gasped and Tzuyu nodded.

 

They were walking home together. Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Tzuyu were neighbors but Dahyun had to stay behind that for a club meeting. Out of all the girls, she had to say Jeongyeon was definitely her confidant, she was very trustworthy and offered even better advice than Jihyo. Plus, she was great to hang around with, she made Tzuyu feel comfortable.

 

“She’s got no shame!” Tzuyu let out a laugh.

 

“You’d think after finally being in a stable relationship, she’d stop doing these sort of things but I guess a tiger can’t change his stripes” Jeongyeon laughed along with her.

 

“Well don’t worry,” Jeongyeon smiled as she took Tzuyu’s hand in hers, interlocking their fingers.

 

“I’ll make sure she doesn’t try anything on you.” she promied. "crazy , I swear to god"

 

Tzuyu smiled back, though bashfully.

 

Tzuyu liked Jeongyeon a lot, she was happy they were friends. She looked down at their interlaced fingers and the way Jeongyeon’s thumb innocently rubbed circles over Tzuyu’s.

 

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu walked home quietly holding hands until it was time to part ways.

 

Sometimes, Tzuyu envied Junmyeon.

 


 

“Do you want me to come over?” Dahyun said over the phone, Tzuyu was having a hard time with her korean homework.

 

“Nah, I should be able to do this on my own” Tzuyu chewed on her pen, “but lets talk for a bit, I’m bored”

 

“What do you wanna talk about?”

 

“I don’t know, anything to take my mind off my homework”

 

There was a small pause.

 

“Do you wanna talk about this morning?”

 

“Not really” Tzuyu bit her lip.

 

“oh, okay” she could hear Dahyun nod through the phone, idiot.

 

“Tomorrow Jihyo, Nayeon and I are going out to watch a movie, wanna come?”

 

Jihyo?

 

“You and Jihyo, that’s an unusual convo”

 

“Well Nayeon’s girls are helping Jihyo with the pep rally while mine are gonna help coordinate it and after our meeting we though why not just do something fun”

 

Nayeon's girls, the cheerleeding squad.

 

Dahyun's girls, her youth group.

 

“I’ll have to pass, Momo’s driving me to the animal shelter, they're transferring the kitties to a new shelter so we’re gonna go help out and say our goodbye”

 

“Are you sad about it?” Dahyun asked, Tzuyu could sense slight concern in Dahyun’s voice.

 

“Sort of, they’re going to a better shelter,” Tzuyu sighed, “but I am gonna miss them, especially Kimi”

 

“the grey cat? I don’t understand why you never adopted it”

 

“My mom’s allergic to cats”

 

“That’s a pity…”

 

“It really is…”

 

and as usual, Tzuyu and Dahyun talked ‘till midnight.

 


 

Tzuyu was already getting ready to sleep, she had given up on her homework and had opted to blaming it on Dahyun tomorrow or guilt tripping her into letting her copy.

 

The moment she laid down, Sana’s words came back to her.

 

Sana was right, which is why she wasn’t planning on acting on her crush. She shouldn’t! 

 

Her phone suddenly beeped.

 

“goodnight

 

She read the sender’s name twice just to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

 

She closed her eyes again and put her phone on her bed stand.

 

Well a girl can always dream.

 

 


 

A/N

That's it for the first half. This two-shot was fun to write, I'll be posting the other half as early as next week. 

Comment who you think is Tzuyu's crush (btw it could be anyone, even the ones that are already taken)