My Favorite (2na)

My Twice One-Shot Collection

 

The first thing Mina heard when she regained consciousness was Jihyo yelling and telling everyone to get ready, that they should be in the vans in an hour. Mina sighed and rolled out of bed, noticing the sudden lack of warmth as soon as she got up. She stared at her bed blankly, Sana was still asleep.

 

“Sana” Mina lightly pushed the older girl with the tips of her fingers in a half-assed attempt to wake her up. Her fingers felt cold against Sana’s warm skin.

 

“Sana,” Mina repeated, this this shaking her lightly, “we have to be in the vans in an hour and if you take too long to wake up, you won’t be able to shower”

 

“15 minutes,” Sana mumbled, stretching out her arms towards Mina “come here, I’m cold!”

 

“okay,” Mina said awkwardly, getting back into bed, “but only for fifteen minutes. I’ll be checking the clock”

 

Sana cuddled against her, nuzzling her nose against Mina’s chest as she hugged her silently.

 

Although she was used to it —Sana’s clinginess— by now, she couldn’t understand why the girl couldn’t sleep in her own bed. Sure, it was messy, but it wasn’t that bad in Mina’s opinion. At first, it had begun as a once in a while thing. “While” being a few months, but then it became a weekly thing and lately, the days when Sana wouldn’t sleep besides one of the girls was rare. None of them really questioned it, just Sana being Sana.

 

The beds she visited the most were definitely Jihyo’s bed and hers; she didn’t dare ask Jeongmo who were already tight enough with two people sleeping on the same bed, and visiting the maknae line’s room was too noisy so she quit doing that after a short period of time. Nayeon would get in a terrible mood the mornings after Sana’s visits so she decided to avoid her as well.  Sana slept in Mina’s bed way more often than she did in Jihyo’s, she claimed that Mina was her favorite because she moved around the least.

 

Still, Sana worked her hardest to make it uncomfortable for her, who she knew couldn’t say no to her. She’d lay so close to her and the amount of skin-ship made Mina feel very awkward. One time, Mina could’ve sworn Sana kissed her collarbone after saying goodnight to her.

 

It wasn’t that Mina couldn’t stand up to Sana, far from it, but she was afraid to hurt the girl’s feelings. Plus, confronting her about it would require mentioning the reason why Sana was behaving like this in the first place. Why she needed to constantly share a bed with one of the girls, as if imagining she were sleeping with someone else.

 

“You’re not allowed to do that” was all Mina could say when she had found out.

 

Dating.

 

Sana was dating a male idol. It’s not that Mina found him unattractive, he was very popular as well but there were rules.

 

“It’s only forbidden if you get caught, Mina” she had pinched her nose, as if she found the whole ordeal cute. “plus, it’s not like you’re gonna tell anybody”

 

Mina had nodded, she wasn’t gonna.

 

Thinking back to it, she thinks she should’ve told Jihyo. Sana was behaving so weirdly, it was obvious something was up even if the other girls didn’t know ‘what’ it was. Momo knew, she hadn’t reacted much when she'd found out, at least not as much as Mina did.

 

There’s nothing wrong with dating, Mina knew this, but it was all nine of their careers at stake! He was far too popular, were his fans to ever find out, one thing was for sure: Sana (or Twice for that matter) wouldn't be able to come out intact.

 

The biggest problem wasn’t the fact that she was dating but who her beloved prince charming was.

 

Why, out of all of the existing boy groups had she chosen to date a member of the most popular boy group, it beat Mina. Probably because she could. Sana had weird tastes, Mina found him a bit immature, a younger man, no less.

 

Mina pressed her forehead against the crown of Sana’s head and Sana hummed in return. It wasn’t supposed to be a sign of affection, though. It was Mina’s attempt at a face palm since her hands were currently busy. Sana need to didn’t know that of course.

 

Mina eyed the clock, 7 minutes to go.

 

She felt Sana’s steady breathing against her neck and her face suddenly felt hot. Sana mumbled something to Mina that she couldn’t make out, she tried not to think too much about it. Made things easier for her... or at least not as hard.

 

 


 

 

“Our song’s a hit!” Dahyun cheered as she saw their song getting a Perfect All-Kill on the charts.

 

“as expected” Jihyo nodded with pride.

 

While the others got ready, Mina tried her best to ignore Sana cause if she didn’t, Sana would eventually approach her to gush about how attractive her boyfriend looked.

 

Yes, both groups were promoting at the same time.

 

Mina sighed loudly as she watched them perform on the screen in their waiting room, they were the final act.

 

She looked at Sana who, instead of looking at the screen, was staring at Mina. The moment they made eye contact, Sana walked towards Mina.

 

“hey” Sana mumbled.

 

“hey” Mina mumbled back, “what’s up?”

 

“you seem worried,” Sana explained, taking Mina’s hand in hers “is everything okay?”

 

“yeah?” Mina answer hesitantly, pulling her hand away. “anyway, why aren’t you watching the performance? you missed a perfect close up of him grinding on the floor”

 

There was a moment of silence, Mina cringed after realizing how sarcastic and bitter she had sounded.

 

“Is this about him?” Sana bit her lip.

 

“of course not!” Mina denied it quickly, “I’m just tired, you didn’t let me sleep last night because you were moving too much”

 

“Oh,” Sana nodded, “don’t worry then, I wasn’t planning on bothering you tonight anyway”

 

“You weren’t?” Mina unconsciously asked.

 

“No” Sana admitted, “I’m sleeping in my own bed. It’s embarrassing that I can’t even sleep alone anymore. I need to get used to it again. I’ve been bothering you guys too much”

 

“Is that so?” Mina wondered.

 

“Yeah and well, to be honest, he isn’t too fond of this little habit of mine either”

 

“You mean, sleeping in the same bed as us?” Mina rolled her eyes, “insecure much?”

 

“That’s what I told him, but…” Sana gulped,

 

“but?”

 

“He says he doesn’t have a problem with me sharing a bed with the girls, his problem is me constantly sharing a bed with…” she coughed awkwardly, “the same girl”

 

“you mean with me?!” Mina chuckled loudly when Sana nodded, “and how did I become a topic of conversation?”

 

“I might’ve joked about liking sleeping next to you more than with him to make him jealous” Sana confessed. “and he took it a tad too seriously”

 

There was a long pause. oh.

 

“oh” Mina said, trying hard to come up with something so say next, “and did it work?”

 

“it drove him crazy, and not in the y fantasy sort of way” Sana laughed awkwardly.

 

“oh” Mina repeated again, not knowing what to say.

 

Suddenly, one of their managers popped his head into their waiting room and announced it was time for them to announce this week’s winners. Twice wasn’t nominated this week, but Sana’s boyfriend was. She stared as she whispered something into his ear before going onstage.

 

God did Mina hate him!

 

 


 

 

“Mina” a voice whispered, Mina looked at the clock next to her: 1:24am.

 

Mina hummed in response. She saw a silhouette stand up and walk towards her bed.

 

“Can I sleep with you?” Sana asked pathetically. Mina scooted to the side as a response and waited for Sana to lay next to her before saying:

 

“Won’t your little boyfriend get jealous?”

 

“What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him” Sana replied with a small smile, already making herself comfortable and taking Mina’s arms to put them around her.

 

“Why would it hurt him, though? You were just joking” Mina reminded her dejectedly, removing her arms from Sana’s grasp slowly.

 

Sana clearly did not appreciate that little action, Mina could see it in her eyes as she turned around so her back was facing her.

 

No one said anything for a few seconds, almost a minute, until Sana shyly mumbled 5 words that Mina would later on burn into her memory.

 

“Maybe I wasn’t really joking…” Sana giggled lightly, before whispering to herself. “and he knows it”

 

“What?” Mina asked, pretending not to have heard that last part.

 

“Goodnight, Mina-chan” Sana said quickly giving the girl a small peck, a little too close to the mouth, before burying herself in the covers.

 

Mina immediately felt bad and pulled Sana closer for a hug, feeling Sana’s breathing against her neck but this time, it wasn’t as steady as it usually was which made Mina’s heart beat frantically. She didn’t know what to do so all she did was hug her tightly until the older girl finally fell asleep.

 

No other words were said, Mina didn’t sleep that night.

 

 


a/n:

hey I'm back with 2na! this is probably gonna have a sequel later on, I haven't decided yet. I came up with this story after a 3am delusion while listening to like a fool. I'd like to think I'm not the only one who makes up shippy mvs/scenarios in their heads while listening to songs!

 

I know this isn't the greatest one-shot in the world but I still hope you guys enjoyed it. I promise they'll get better once i get the hang of it.

 

make sure to leave a comment btw, it really cheers me on to update more quickly when i see a lot of comments in my notifs.