Chen: Luhan and the tears

The you in Me

The plane was a source of entertainment for Sehun who observed Chen being completely terrified. “This is NOT funny, Oh Sehun. This is why I thank god for my power. Even on planes, we never flew that high, laying down the radar level.”
“I understand, but I can not stop myself.” Sehun pinched his cheek. “Jongdae is much more comfortable in a plane than you are, by the way. It feels like he took it all his life but he barely took the plane three times.”Chen huffed in annoyance.
“I fear heights.” Chen admitted. “I always did.”
Sehun just chuckled. “How human of you.” Chen looked at him with a frown. “You always look like a kind of angel of death... with the sparkles and the menacing arm twitches.”
“I represent an angel of death.” Chen deadpanned. “A microscopic flicker of fingers and…” He paused with a deadpanning expression which made Sehun’s smile falters. “Fortunately I got absolute control of it.”
“Luckily indeed.” Sehun swallowed. “So… what is the plan?”
“We will go to the explosion site or maybe…” He looked over the window. “I may use my tricks to bring attention to me.”
“And?”
“We will know from then.” Chen looked at clouds when he sensed someone’s hand on his. He looked over Sehun who smiled kindly. “I am fine.”
“Just don’t pressure yourself. If Luhan is in Beijing, we will find him.” Sehun tightened his hold on Chen’s hand and closed his eyes. Chen frowned but kept his hand, knowing that Sehun was in the same situation as him. They reached Beijing before dinner and as much as they were eager to find Luhan, Chen was also surprised by the different air in the city. Seoul was electric but lively and energetic, Beijing had a calm busy vibes on it. 
“Beijing is definitely not Seoul.” He remarked. “The air is less charged  with energy than there and I can sense some calm vibes of it.”
Sehun laughed. “Yeah, Beijing is calmer than Shanghai or Seoul for some reasons. It is busy but also calm. Especially in the morning.”Chen nodded before following Sehun to a taxi.“Luhan got a tiny condo by the border of the city. He will meet us with Minseok in an address he gave me.”
“I want an open space or a highly looked upon building.” Chen said as he got in the taxi. “I will make a show for Luhan to realize we are here.”
“Good idea.” Sehun looked at his phone. “There is a TV station in front of the building we are heading to.” Sehun showed the map on the phone. “If it goes viral, then Luhan would definitely see it.”
“Let us get it done.” They took a taxi to the address and went home first. Showered, ate normal food and left for the show. Chen checked the zenithophone, as they did not contact him since they shared the plan. Sehun had shed few tears at that but instead of being against, Sehun was more happy about it.
“Hey. Let us go out now.”Sehun woke him from his thoughts.“It is getting dark.”
They rushed to the garden nearby and Chen sat down with Sehun by his side. “Lift your legs from the ground.” As soon as Sehun did, a rain of lightenings fell, making people both run and pick their phones to record the unnatural phenomenon. Sehun had pulled his knees to his chest and tried to cover his ears which made Chen approach him, patting as the thunders were making it hard to hear. His pats were soft and reassuring.
The lightening ended and as the world relaxed, Chen managed to lift Sehun’s head to notice his tears. Sehun fast wipped them. “Let us go home now and get some rest.”
Chen held his hand. “I am sorry.” Sehun nodded, but Chen did not let go. “I am sorry I disregarded the possibility you feared lightenings. D.O fears them too.”
Sehun sighed. “I was too prideful to tell anyway.” it made Chen smile. 
“Silly baby.” He teased as he hugged Sehun. “Let’s eat. I will pay.” they went to eat and Sehun loosened up. They went back home and slept for few hours when the zenithophone woke them up. Chen got it ready and got the call ready. “Hi?”
“Chen!” Luhan’s voice was much clearer. “Do you hear me? Can you hear me? I am in beijing. I know you are here too. I will find you.”
“Luhan?” Chen lost the remaining of his sleepiness and his mind got alert. However, luhan’s call ended. “Damn. No signal source.” He clicked on the call when someone called him back. As soon as he clicked on it, Jongdae in light dirty brown hair showed up. “Hi! Hold on. Jongdae?” the man blushed and chuckled shyly. 
“They said I needed to dye it.” Jongdae said before uncomfortably shifting his gaze around. “I wanted to talk to you… about your friends proposition. They… they asked me to marry them.”
Chen smiled. “I know. They thought of it because you did not want to belong to Chanyeol fully and I am sure you don’t want to belong to anyone fully.”Jongdae nodded.“So, isn’t it a good idea?”
“I just… I am scared. I am scared I will hurt you or Sehun. It is enough that I did hurt Kyungsoo and Jongin…”
Chen sighed. “They are starting over. I suggested for them to start over.”Jongdae looked up, shocked.“Kyungsoo was giving himself out of fear, Jongdae. It would hurt him to keep going on such an unbalanced relationship.”
Jongdae nodded. “If it is not out of love or mutual respect, it is not worth the try.” He sighed. “But… isn’t it what your friends are doing? Getting me in fear of hurting your couple?”
Chen was about to object but thought of it first. “We are a great team. If they thought of it that means they want to make you happy too and make me happy as much. I want you to have some love, Jongdae and I want my Chanyeol to have some too. Your love to Chanyeol here is hurting you, so give it to mine. Give it all.”
Jongdae teared up. “But I am a … I can’t. I no longer know what love is.”Jongdae sat down.“This is why I push Sehun away… how can a broken heart love and make anyone happy?”
“By healing up.” Baekhyun showed up from behind Jongdae and slowly made his way to hug the man. “If this is what scares you, just let me tell you this. I want to marry you to give you all the love I had for Chen. Kai and Sehun want to marry because they admire you. Heck, even Xiumin, the ice prince with a frozen heart, smiled because of you. Chanyeol is perhaps the only one who marry you because he feels bad for you. But he does admire you as much as we do. We all respect you a lot and we want you to stop fearing the world, and wish to die.”
As Jongdae observed him with teary eyes, Baekhyun leaned to past a soft kiss on his lips. “You are going being our priority until Chen returns, then you will be back to be Sehun’s and trust me, you will realize how much Sehun loved you and how you can be happy with him.” Jongdae nodded and looked at the screen. “Go to Chanyeol. He is waiting for you in the van.”
“Van?” Chen asked them, curiously. “Are you going anywhere?”
“We want to go to the training camp in Hwangdo. It is empty and so we will be able to train Jongdae without bringing suspecions.”Baekhyun smiled reassuringly.“You should keep your body in shape too.”
“Will do. I got free time anyway.” Chen teased. The call ended few moments after that and he slided out of the bed to Sehun’s room. The boy was sleeping deeply as he slided in and hugged the man. It woke Sehun who let out a hum. “Luhan contacted me.” Sehun blinked and wrapped Chen softly with an arm, showing how big the man was compared to Chen. “He said I am close.”
“That is good.” Sehun mumbled sleepily. “You did good.” he fell asleep, comfortably hugging Chen who sighed hugging the man back. He remained stoic, noticing how he missed home. He missed everyone. He missed his time programming with D.O, he missed running with Xiumin in the morning, he missed bickering with Kai, he missed teasing Sehun, he missed listening to Suho’s rumbling, he missed the fun time he had with Baekhyun before they broke up, but what he missed the most was… the being called Chanyeol. He missed Chanyeol’s playfulness and childishness. He mussed his big hands and warms chest. He missed everything about Chanyeol to the point he felt hollow inside.
He sighed and closed his eyes, imagining he was in Chanyeol’s embrace. It made him smile a little and slowly fall asleep. 
When he opened his eyes, Sehun had been observing him with kind eyes. The younger softly freed his forehead from annoying hair. “Hungry?”
“No.” Chen closed his eyes and nuzzled Sehun’s chest. It made Sehun chuckle and hug Chen a little tighter. “It feels good.”
“It does.” Sehun sounded sad despite that. “Jongdae and I rarely got such moments. Well, just like that…”
“I know.” Chen hummed. “I miss Chanyeol.”
“I miss Jongdae… and a lot.”Sehun admitted.“In the last two years, the only times I did not see him was when I was studying.” he sighed and softly caressed Chen’s back.“He would get whenever he sees me and bends for me to him hard. I am happy mom never witnessed it, though.” 
“But you wanted more than .” Chen deadpanned.
“Yeah. To have a normal relationship like yours with Chanyeol.” Sehun admitted. “I want to bicker with him over silly things, and to go on dates with him. I want to have daily life things with him.”
“Like a pillow fight after you get into an argument. Or like going grocery shopping and fight over the brand you like only to end up buying them both.” Chen chuckled at that and Sehun pushed him to show a shy smile.“You will get that when he is back. He will be better, and I will help you clear his name if needed.”
Sehun frowned. “What?”
“I am sure you are worried about those monsters who used him.” Chen caressed Sehun’s arm. “You may not admit it but you are looking scared he returns to his old life.”
Sehun looked away, still holding on Chen. “I am more afraid I will treat him like before. Like… he used to be.” Sehun sighed. “I don’t know what to expect and what to do.”
“We have time to figure it out.” Chen smiled reassuringly to that. “My friends are doing their best to make him heal his wounds, and I will help you if needed to clean his life. Get him a job here or anything like that.”
Sehun looked at him and smiled. “Thank you.” they got suddenly a call from Chanyeol, Jongdae’s. “Hi, hyungs.”
“Hi, Sehun ah.” Chanyel’s voices boomed through the speaker as Sehun set it to keep Chen close. “How was your flight? We heard it was storming lightenings in beijing.”
Sehun sighed contently. “Yeah, Hyung had done it. We did it first before going to eat.”
Chanyeol hummed. “Jongin said you got fear of storms, so I worried.” Sehun blushed. “By the way, did Chen tell you about their situation?”
“Yeah. Kind of.”Sehun sternly spoke.“I am not in the mood to talk to him to be honest.”
“Sehun…”
“I trusted him on Jongdae hyung because I trusted him as a friend… but he both betrayed me and Kyungsoo.” Sehun hissed. “It would be hard to even think of being friend with him again but I am trying for Kyungsoo hyung.”
Chanyeol sighed at that. “He is living the guilt already, you know. Jongin is losing himself right now.” Chanyeol sounded suddenly too worried for the listener’s liking.“He eats less. He collapsed in his dance studio but still returned next day. Sehun, I know he made a mistake but… hurting him for it while he aleady dies from it is unfair. At least, let us be together for Jongdae’s sake. You saw how hurt he is about the whole issue.”
Sehun sighed. “I will try harder… for Jongdae.”
“Didn’t ask for more.” Chanyeol sounded cheerful. “Here, Baekhyun want to talk to you.”
“Sehun.” Baekhyun spoke with a motherlike tone. “Are you safe? Where is Luhan and Minseok hyungs?”
“Probably working.” Sehun looked at his watch. “Luhan hyung told they rarely finish work in the company before midnight.”
“Ok. Let them call us when they join you.” Baekhyun instructed and Sehun chuckled at that.
“Do you realize I graduated highschool three years ago?” It made Baekhyun sigh while Chen chuckled at Sehun’s clear amusement.
“I can not stop worrying about you, Sehun? You are doing so much while none is done for you.” Baekhyun sounded genuinely worried. “I want you happy.”
Sehun remained silent for a moment. “I will be happy soon.” he sounded determined but Chen knew it was a tone he mastered with time. “Trust me, Hyung.”
“I do. I am sorry.”Baekhyun sighed. “Rest as much as you can.” Sehun ended the call without saying a word and slowly left Chen’s side to stand. Chen observed his back when it suddenly shook.

He remained there because he was equally sad and heartbroken as Sehun was. No matter how strong he acted, Chen was dying as much to cry.