Jongdae: The life's plan

The you in Me

The man was no fool. Chanyeol was depressed and pissed.

However Jongdae found no idea to cheer the man up with. His week punishment ended but he still helped in the kitchen, finding it unfair a kid like the usual dishwasher works alone. Daehyun appreciated the help.

He was less and less tired by the task. Usually, he would sleep in a blink but he caught Chanyeol cry often since he no longer did. His hair was no longer Blue, which made him much like his Chanyeol. “Chanyeol…”

The tall man looked at him in surprise before trying to dry his tears. Jongdae slide close.

“Do you want to know what happened to me?” Chanyeol looked at him in shock. “Chanyeol, mine, came to me and told me he loved my best friend, Baekhyun. I remember the date… I went to a party that exact night and a guy my drunken self when four others joined him. I slept in an abandoned attire for them to wreck me and the worse I was screaming despite my drunkenness.”

“Jongdae…” Chanyeol looked beyond horrified.

“Waking up, I was so in pain… I don’t know how I managed to walk back home but I did.” Jongdae was shaking considerably as he spoke. “I had an idea of what happened the previous night and I hated myself so much… but the phone… my phone had videos of me begging them to stop but they laughed at me.”

Chanyeol pulled him to a tight hug. “Stop.” The order came harsh and Jongdae froze in fear. It was clear and Chanyeol patted on his back. “Jongdae… You are not a .”

“They asked me to sleep with them for money and I said… yes.” Jongdae sobbed. “Yes… I am a … I am a .” He was sobbing so hard. “I just wanted to get drunk and it led me to this.”

Chanyeol pulled him to bed and cuddled him as he cried himself to sleep. The taller remained up until sleep overcame. In the morning, as he saw Chen, a sudden relief crushed him, but the first thought that crossed his mind. He did not contact me in ten days.

It did hurt him and he chose to leave before breaking an argument with Chen. Jongdae was getting ready to help in the kitchen for dinner when Chanyeol got in his room. “Oh… why are you pissed?”

“Ten days! He didn’t call me for ten days, and when he does call, he is calling for Luhan.” Chanyeol hissed as tears fell before he could control it. “I am his husband…”

A hand on his cheek made him freeze and look at a serious Jongdae. “I am living in a world which is not mine, and even with the support, I feel so alone and lost… can’t you imagine how hard is it for Chen to be without you who used be his source of strength? Worse… can’t imagine Luhan’s state? At least Chen got my friends to show him support but about him? Alone? With no idea or hope to return. God knows… it could be an old message that finally reached Chen and Luhan had already died.”

Chanyeol paled but it made sense so he rested his forehead on Jongdae’s shoulder. “I miss him.”

“I miss my Chanyeol too, especially with that black hair of yours.” Jongdae smiled ruffling his hair. “You will be fine. Five years will be soon a bad memory when he will be back and as you grow old together.”

Chanyeol nodded. “You are right. Waiting is a small sacrifice for the sake of our love.”

“See! And why does he have to be the one who calls? Go call him!” Chanyeol observed Jongdae before kissing his head.

“Sehun really is an angel… since he could see your beautiful heart behind all your scars.” Chanyeol sincerely remarked and Jongdae looked down, shyly. “To see your heart is hard with all the stabs and the wounds but he saw that from the day one.”

“Maybe…” Chanyeol made him look up.

“Jongdae may have not gotten a Chanyeol but he still got a better version of it.” Chanyeol smiled. “Don’t look at his face but at the heart… the more I look at you, the more I admire him.”

He left Jongdae who froze thinking. Yes, Sehun was so considerate and so loving. Sehun had saved him countless of times, fought for him countless of times. Yet, all he did was to push the man away.

He went to the kitchen to work with a busy mind, people noticed, and before he could hold himself, he sang. It was a song Sehun loved hearing him sing. A song that held memories. “I heard this when I found you in the roof.” Sehun said.

By the end of the song, Jongdae was shedding heavy tears. He had finished washing dishes too so he rushed out, running to the communication room where Chanyeol was obviously sobbing. Chen was sobbing too. “Can I talk to Sehun?”

Chanyeol looked at him and held out his hand for Jongdae to use as support. It made Jongdae realize that he was shaking. Sehun showed up in the screen. “I gave on my studies not because I lost hope on graduating but because I want to be available whenever you want me to be. I wanted to be enough free to please you so I won’t lose you.”

“I make love to you so I won’t lose you either.” Sehun’s voice vibrated with emotion. “I fear that if I tries to lessen the times we sleep together, you will sleep with someone else and I am s…”

“I did behind your back. I am sorry “ Jongdae shed tears. “To pay the car insurance and fees, I had to sell my body in time you were studying.”

“Jongdae hyung…” Sehun sounded hurt before sighing. “I see.”

“Don’t be mad at me… I beg you... “ Jongdae sobbed. “I just … that car is my home, I could not afford to lose it.” Sehun said nothing and Jongdae sobbed. “I know you are hurt and I want you to not be hurt. This is why I keep committing suicide whenever I get the chance to. I felt like I am dragging you down to my hole of filth.”

“I know. You keep saying so.” Sehun remarked. “But you are not filthy, you are not a … you are just a broken baby who filthy men used for their pleasure.”

“I told him so.” Chanyeol commented making Jongdae look at him. “Sehun sees who you are truly… he sees what you can not see yet. Trust him, he knows.”

“I am looking forward the next five years.” Sehun said suddenly. “Only two weeks passed and you are slowly growing wings, Jongdae hyung. I want to see where you will fly.”

The remark made the four men smile when suddenly a static sound got in the middle of it

“Chen… Find me…” Luhan’s voice was weak but the sound was stronger was louder.

“Did you… just… Luhan?” Chanyeol spoke in shock while in the other side, Chen was working hard on intercepting the source of the message. “Is that our Luhan?”

“I will go and call Lieutenant Chef!” Jongdae ran out to the tower, where Xiumin should be supervising the watch on the base territories. “Xiumin hyung!”

Xiumin nearly screamed in horror. “THE !”

“We … he …” Jongdae just groaned as Xiumin was not alone so he pulled running back. Xiumin allowed that since it was clearly urgent. Jongdae won’t be like that otherwise. They got in the team communication room. “He is here.”

Chanyeol, with Chen’s instruction, isolated Luhan’s call and replayed it for Xiumin to realize how true the situation is. After a while, D.O got in. “I thought I heard Luhan.” Chanyeol replayed the audio and D.O nearly choked on air.

“It sounds… clean.” Xiumin remarked. “He is either in a very quiet place or he sent it by telepathy.”

“I hope it is the first part. How would we find him with telepathy?” Sehun sighed before tensing. “What if … wait.” Sehun took the laptop and made a small research. “Five years ago, there was a moon eclipse and an explosion of a container in Beijing.” Sehun had a sudden pause.

“Our Luhan was in Beijing five years ago.” Jongdae remarked and Sehun nodded. “Maybe the fact you are closer to his dobbergang made him realize you were here.”

“But the distance is big between Seoul and Beijing.” Sehun remarked.

“Your planet is filled with Raw energy. A huge amount of it…” Chen started. “He may have used the energy to contact me. But how can I go to Beijing?”

“Go as Kim Jongdae.” Jongdae deadpanned. “I will send you my bank account passwords and even signature so you can use the money to pay things off.” Jongdae considered it for a moment. “I got a passport somewhere in the car.”

“That would be helpful.” Chen remarked. “We will handle it from here.” It ended the call as Chanyeol had to handle D.O who replied the audio over and over. It took Jongdae a moment to notice the heartbroken expression in D.O’s face.

“D.O… He is alive and will be back.” Jongdae smiled to D.O who looked at him. “You got your lover back and soon Xiumin hyung will get his back too.”

They looked at Xiumin who pulled Jongdae and half hugged him. “Yeah… soon.” he led Jongdae out, followed by Chanyeol. “You are so cute.”

“Thank you, hyung. You said so often.” Jongdae teased back and Xiumin smiled. “I am sorry for scaring you earlier.”

“It is ok.” Xiumin smiled to Jongdae before looking at Chanyeol who nodded. “I need to finish my shift. See you soon.”

Chanyeol led Jongdae to the flat, then the bedroom where he hugged Jongdae. The later froze. “Chanyeol…”

“No… no word. Please.” Chanyeol sounded tired but Jongdae knew from what he saw. “Chen asked me to marry you.” Jongdae pushed Chanyeol, showing his confusion and shock. “He is insisting on it. He says… he says the idea of me being alone and hurt is hurting him and that it could be good to the three of us.”

“But I am not him and having me is not going to lessen the pain at all.” Chanyeol sighed at that and Jongdae frowned. “Let us sleep and we will see about it later.” He led Chanyeol to bed, as he was exhausted from work. They laid there, hugging and soon they slept.

Chanyeol woke up in the middle of the night as Jongdae was screaming. “No! Stop! No! Let me go! No!” he tried to hold the kid but Jongdae trashed harder and all he thought of was to let Jongdae go and wait. Jongdae sat up few moment after that, scared, shocked and lost. He had pulled the covers to his neck and hugged it.

“I am here, Jongdae.” Jongdae looked at him, surprised before jumping to hug him. Chanyeol could see that he was shaking considerably. He recalled how Chen asked him to marry Jongdae… at least for five years.

“It will make Jongdae enough happy to forget his old wounds.” Chen explained. “And you will find support in his self. Do so.”

Somehow he knew that Chen was right at some point. Standing there when he can cure a soul like Jongdae’s would be a waste. Jongdae needed love and he had plenty. He leaned to kiss Jongdae who blinked in confusion. “Marry me.”

Jongdae was surprised to hear him so. “What?”

“Marry me.” Chanyeol looked right into his eyes and soon Jongdae found himself shedding tears. “I want to make you happy… I want to chase your pain away… I want… I want to have the right to love you.”

“No.” Jongdae pushed himself away. “No! I don’t want to hurt the version of that got the chance to be with his soulmate. So no.”

“But…”

Jongdae left the bed and stood there wobbling. “I am serious, Chanyeol. I know that once Chen is back, he will live with fear and doubt you even love him like before....”

“He will feel the same doubt either I get you or anyone else and if he does… then he is the one who no longer loves me.” Chanyeol slowly held Jongdae’s hands. “I already got the fear of him forgetting me and falling out of love but I am not doubting him. I know he loves me still.” he pulled Jongdae closer and buried his face in his tummy. “Think about yourself a little bit.” he looked up.

“Don’t you dream of having Chanyeol, even if not the one you loved, in your life for a day, a month or a year…” Jongdae sighed, resting his head on Chanyeol. “Let me give you some love.”

“I can not. I am scared.” Jongdae admitted. As silence fell, Jongdae stood up. “I will if you allow me to have with everybody in your team… starting with Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol looked up in shocked. “What?”

“If you can still touch me after them all wrecking me… then I will marry you.” Jongdae picked his jacket and went to the cantina, empty at that time of the night.

Xiumin was first to join him. “Chanyeol told me your shocking condition and as much as I am by the idea, I am shocked you wanted Baekhyun first. I am the eldest.”

“Baekhyun was the one who had Chen before Chanyeol… so if he touch me and it doesn’t revolt Chanyeol, I will marry him.” Jongdae admitted. “It will assure me he does not see me the same way he sees Chen.” Xiumin frowned.

“I understand now what you are trying to do.” Xiumin nodded absently. “I will let everybody know your reasons, except Chanyeol of course.”

Jongdae smiled. “Thanks, Hyung.” Xiumin ruffled his hair and left Jongdae alone. The day was up and Jongdae managed to get a decent breakfast first. He went on with his day when a hand held his, as he finished wiping, and he noticed Baekhyun pulling him. “What?”

He was soon locked in a room where Lay was fixing the bed. “Oh. Hi! Jongdae, please stripe.”

“What?”

He looked over Baekhyun who was slowly stripping from his jacket. He looked at Lay back. “What are you doing?”

“Executing your wish.” Lay deadpanned with a smile. “I would be assisting the process to keep your body in track.”

Jongdae was too shocked to understand. “What?” He slowly made his way to the wall. “What wish…”

Baekhyun nearly slammed his fist by Jongdae’s side. He looked beyond mad. “You ing wanted this.” The tone used made Jongdae feel like falling on his knees and begging for mercy. “After being given a chance to live differently, you still want to go through this. To submit to someone’s lust…”

Jongdae soon pouted, shedding a tear. “But I don’t want to hurt Chen… if I am used by everyone, I will never be Chanyeol’s fully.” Baekhyun sighed and rested his forehead on Jongdae’s while Lay patted on his head.

“Very thoughtful of you but Chen, as we spoke to Chanyeol, Xiumin and I, wanted you to marry Chanyeol in order to be his emotional support.” Lay explained. “Chen loves his husband too much. He wants the best outcome for the three of you.”

Jongdae sighed, sniffing. “But I am scared… I don’t want to be fully his. Not even for a day…” Baekhyun caressed his face and Jongdae held on his shirt for assistance. “Please, Baekhyun…”

“I will ease your pain.” Baekhyun said before pushing him to bed. “Stay here. I will talk to Chanyeol for a moment.”

Lay looked curiously at his partner who pulled him out with him. Jongdae obediently waited for Baekhyun’s return when Chanyeol and the rest of the team got in. Jongdae tensed considerably, feeling cornered while his body was agonizing in its own trauma. He was shaking so bad by the time they sat down. Lay sat by his side, sending soothing waves but managed to sooth none of Jongdae bleeding wounds.

“We will call Chen and Your boyfriend, Jongdae.” Xiumin started. “Baekhyun got an interesting thing to propose.”

The call was made and surprisingly it was Kyungsoo on the other side. “Hi, Chen is in the shower.” He spoke softly while Jongdae, unable to control to his body, shook harder. “What is going on?”

“Well… Chen, my husband, had suggest me to marry Jongdae.” Chanyeol started. “But Jongdae is completely against it.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes shifted on the man who was hugging himself, shaking so obviously that Kyungsoo frowned. “Dae hyung?” Jongdae looked up, as tears filled his cheeks. “Why…”

“It hurts…” Jongdae murmured before he looked down. “To destroy someone’s love life hurts… So much when it is someone you loved… I wish I died before it happened… heck! Kai wouldn’t have mistaken me for Chen if I was dead.”

“Dae hyung… what had been done is done.” Kyungsoo started. “Although it hurts to be betrayed by the dearest to my heart… it also hurts to punish the one who held the least responsibility.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Jongin told me how you were being hysterical and he kissed you before using that moment for vulnerability to his favor. Yet… I punished you…hard.”

“I am a .” Jongdae somehow seemed to not listen. “I should be thrown in a dumpster for being so dirty.” the eyes went on him and they soon noticed that indeed, Jongdae was being hysterical, as soon insults left his lips. Even Kyungsoo seemed shocked calling for Chen, Sehun or general help. Baekhyun was fast on the scene.

“What happened? What is it?” Baekhyun soon realized the issue as Jongdae screamed in horror as they tried to stop him from hurting himself.

Chen was soon on the screen too, dripping wet. “What…”

Lay spoke first. “We got in the room to talk to you but then he started shaking… way before the call.” He looked up to the screen. “I think seeing Kyungsoo and talking to him only contributed at worsening the meltdown.”

“Jongdae got a trauma.” Chen admitted. “Of being locked in a bedroom with people… well, story cut short, he sold himself to a twisted man who may have gang rapped Jongdae in a very wicked way with a group of friends for a whole week. Hence, the cigarette scares.” Everybody in the room tensed and Lay who allowed Sehun and Kai to calm Jongdae down went to hug the man, sending bigger waves that made Jongdae body relax and fall into unconsciousness. “That aside, what is the purpose of this meeting?”

“Jongdae do not want to belong to Chanyeol fully.” Baekhyun started. “So I suggested… we all marry him, figuratively speaking of course since he can not marry any of us legally.”

Chen and everyone else with him frowned. “Which means?”

D.O was the one to talk “to belong to us as much he is belonging to Chanyeol. He do not want to hurt you, Chen, because you are the version of him who managed to have the man he loved. We all truly appreciate his kindness.”

“And bravery, even when his body had no longer the scares, what he carries inside is deeper and much worse than this.” Xiumin spoke with kindness. “I don’t know many who lived as much but still loved as much and showed as much care and love. He is an unique soul.”

Baekhyun nodded shedding tears. “Jongdae had always being a warm hearted person.” his voice wavered. “I agree with the proposition my dobbergang gave. To have eight people giving him love and care, I am sure it will heal Jongdae’s heart sooner.”

“We all hope so.” Kai spoke as he picked Jongdae to sleep in the bed. “How is his boyfriend taking it?”

“Well, Sehun is very understanding. He is also feeling the same as me when it comes to his beloved happiness so he agreed that Jongdae got the right to live a dream life he dreamed to have.” Chen explained. “Plus, as long as Jongdae is not abused, he is fine with anything. He told me so.”

“Poor Dobbergang.” Sehun sounded offended. “If only Jongdae loved him a little.”

It made the three men by the screen laugh. “Oh he did. He did love Sehun a little, just not as much as Chanyeol.” Baekhyun explained. “He wouldn’t have given up on his studies to be with Sehun if he didn’t.”

“That is a relief but I hope you won’t tell Sehun about our plans.” Baekhyun spoke earning few nods from the room. Chen, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun suddenly looked uncomfortable as they looked by the door. Sehun soon his dobbergang moving.

“Dobbergang… we are sorry.” Sehun said when the shadow disappeared. “Chen hyung… take care of him.”

“I will.” Chen smiled. “I have to get dressed and head to the airport.”

Once the call ended, after few good byes they all sat by Jongdae sleeping body looking at the body on the bed.

“I know he will accept the proposition.” Kai said suddenly. “If it will make us at ease, he will… but will he be ok?”

“If needed, we will use our number to numb the trauma and make him more comfortable with more than four people in the room.” Lay suggested. “He need to fear it less.”

They all nodded, determined to help as much as they could.