Chen : I am not Jongdae.

The you in Me

Chen was jumping out of explosion area and landed on familiar arms. “Umph! You are heavy.” Chanyeol teased earning a nudge. He seemed to be relieved Chen was safe. “You are ok, right?”

“Yeah. The wall is blown. It would be a good distraction while we join Baek and D.O” Chen explained and stood to pull Chanyeol along. Their guns suddenly weighted tons and Chen knew it was caused by the magnetic field the bomb caused. Chanyeol carried his without complaints but Chen was weightened down.

Chanyeol suddenly picked the gun from his hold and then held his hand. “I got you.” it was a way for Chanyeol to show his love. One of many.

Chen observed his tall husband for a moment before focusing down on the ground. His power is altered, so he will be for no use until the magnetism will deem a little bit. In his deep thoughts, he didn’t notice Chanyeol pausing so he slammed himself into his husband. He whispered a sorry but knew that Chanyeol realized he was deeply thinking.

“I see Baek.”

Chen peeked to notice Baek with a white orb. “He got his orb all along? We had to destroy a ing android for it.”

Chanyeol laughed. “It makes it worthful.” Chen smirked and nodded, leaning to kiss Chanyeol teasingly.

“It doesn’t worth as much as you, tho.” Chen mumbled as he and Chanyeol ducked down to a hidden spot. Chanyeol smiled and kissed Chen’s eyes.

“I battled to have you before this war. I will always do even with it.” Chanyeol confessed and Chen’s tiny spark of worry died down as he melted in Chanyeol’s hold. “Marrying you is perhaps the second best thing ever happened to me.”

Chen looked up, confused. “What’s first?”

“Me wrecking you in bed.” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows teasingly, making Chen laugh. “Seriously? Meeting you is the first best thing.”

Chen knew that since meeting Chanyeol is the first best thing for him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Chanyeol’s voice faded as the eclipse occured, shockingly for the second time that day. “That…”

“Lay! He is escaping.” Chen used his power to run in a lightening speed and held Lay’s arm which made Lay push him but too late. He was no longer in EXO planet. “What?” he looked at Lay who kept running and followed suit. He didn’t know a way to go back instead so he had no choice. He soon noticed Baekhyun but before he could even call, Chen found himself in a free fall down to a beach. He screamed the whole way down before being submerged by cold heavily salted water. He struggled to swim up when he noticed someone swiming his way. In his struggle… he truly believed he saw himself swiming. It was the last thing he noticed before drowning down.

His mind replayed the wedding, for some odd reasons. He was nervously checking his white and black suit. They did chose to wear the two colors to not pressure any of the partners into one color. Chanyeol was however stunned as Jongdae showed up. He looked like an angel, singing one of Chanyeol’s first composition. A gift he made to Chen. Chanyeol was crying by the time Chen joined him and he hugged the short man, before being called by the judge to pronounce their vows.

Their words went blurry in his memory and instead one phrase repeated itself. “I battled to have you and I will always look for you.” Chanyeol kept saying so often, specially since The red forces got Lay, Lu, Kris and Tao. Every time one of them fall into the redforce trap, Chanyeol will hold Chen and whisper so. “I will find you.”

When he woke up, noticing Sehun was relieving. “Sehun! … what happened?”

“You were drawning and I swam to fish you out.” Sehun explained as he helped Jongdae to sit. “What made you go that far… where did you get those clothes from?” Sehun’s question made him blink at his folded clothes neatly by his side… alongside with his shield, broken shield. He looked over his body, relieved to see his power tattoo still showing in his forearm then looked at Sehun noticing how Sehun’s tattoo was nowhere to be seen. He held Sehun and checked his arms. “What is it, Hyung?”

“Who am I?” the boy looked at him confusedly. “Who am I to you? Come on, tell me.”

“My boyfriend?” The uncertain answer made Chen tense. It made sense and he groaned. “Jongdae hyung…”

“Jongdae? Is that his name?” Chen looked up. “Did Lay take him back instead of me?” Chen stood to pick his wet clothes before noticing people sitting in a campfire, among them Chanyeol.

His actually bubble blue hair was black, so obviously not his Chanyeol but he was there and Chen wanted to hug the light out him. A hand made him jump out of his skin. “Dae hyung… what happened to you?”

“I am not Jongdae. My real name is Park Chen.” Chen spoke enough loud for them to listen. “An eclipse occured just few hpurs ago, didn’t it?” Sehun nodded. “ From where I come, a dimensional portal open in an eclipse and I followed two of my friends here, I think they took your Jongdae and went back to my dimension.” Chen froze. “Unless my friends are still here and it is only your Jongdae who crossed.” Chen looked at his wrist to find the watch glitching. “It is not working… I need to fix this and I need my orb.”

He was about to move when Sehun hugged him. “If you are doing this because I am not Chanyeol, please stop.” it made Chen pause but he sighed and pushed Sehun away. “Hyung, please…”

“When I got in the water, was I wearing all of these?” Sehun shook his head at that. “Was I having blond hair?”

“Yeah… it is rather orange now.” Sehun remarked as he caressed Chen’s hair. “Woah… it gets blond at my hand contact.” Chen just smiled at that and softly faced Sehun. “So… you are not acting up?”

Chen caressed his cheek. “In my dimension, you were my disciple. I was teaching you how to control your power using the orb.” Chen soon noticed the orb in the beah, shockingly two orbs, a yellow and a white one. “Baek’s orb.”

Sehun noticed how the yellow glass orb shone at Chen’s contact. “Holly …”

“Language, kid.” Chen scolded before showing him the second orb. “One of my colleagues is here. An orb follow its owner. I am sure he is somewhere but I need to fix this in order to call him.” He showed his glitching watch. “Do you have any hi tech tools?”

“Chanyeol is an IT engineer, he may help you.” Sehun suggested but as Chen stepped to the camp, he stopped them. “No… their impression of Jongdae is not the best.”

“I am not Jongdae. So let us get over with this.” Sehun defeatedly followed suit until they reached the camp. “Park Chanyeol?”

“What is it now?” Baekhyun snarled.

“I need IT tools, an ampermeter and a tackymeter too. Anything that can help is great too. I will give them back as soon as possible.” Chen held himself from expressing the hurt he felt as Chanyeol gave him a dirty look. “Give them to Sehun as soon as you can, it is urgent.”

“How do you even know about them? You are a university drop out.” Chanyeol commented warrily.

“I will return the items once I finish with them.” Chen spoke as electricity sparked through his arm, a warning sign Chanyeol and Chen used to express limit of anger. Everybody froze at that. “I am not your… what was his name?”

Sehun looked at him, scared. “Jongdae, Kim Jongdae.”

“I am Park Chen. Your kim Jongdae is probably dead as we speak…” Chen spoke when Kyungsoo spitted.

“Good ridance.” it made Chen start spark in a dangerous way and looked right into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“You better give me what I want or you will follow your friend down that sea.” His anger was justified, he thought. Aside from the disrespectful way to spoke of Jongdae, Chen hqted to be interrupted. Chanyeol nodded frenetically.

“Tomorrow, we will be home and I will send them to Sehun.” Chen huffed at that and looked at Sehun.

“Do you know where this Jongdae live?” Sehun blushed and nodded offering his hand. Chen thoughtlessly took and allowed Sehun to lead the way. He was soon face to face with a car. “A car?”

“Hyung lives in it, most of the time, but everybody think he live in the dorm room with me.” Sehun explained. “Some of his stuffs are in my room, since he show up at some point and sleep over.”

“What does he do for living?” Sehun remained stoic and silent which surprised Chen but he didn’t push. “Well, it got a space to sleep in… but I prefer to sleep in a safer place. Who knows? Maybe the enemy manwged to follow us.”

“We can crush into your parents house, it is empty…” Sehun noticed his slip and flustered, he corrected himself. “I mean the kims, Jongdae told us they left the city with him behind but I don’t know. The house is empty and vacant so you can use it tonight… If not, you can come over. Mom likes you… somehow.”

It made Chen smile. “I prefer going with you if Chanyeol is sending the tools to your place.” Sehun blushed and nodded. They got in the crumped car and Sehun drove all way to his house. Surprisingly, it was empty. “I will shower first.” Sehun nodded and Chen knew awefully why. Sehun had Jongdae’s clothes… new clothes.

“I bought them for him.” Sehun was drolling over Chen’s body. “They will fit you but… damn you are so lean and muscular.”

“Requirment of the army.” Chen didn’t miss a beat. “Go shower, Sehun.” Once alone, Chen dressed and sat down, confused, lost and hurt. He was alone in a world where they hated his dobbergang, he was missing his old life already and specially he was missing Chanyeol.

“Hyung? Are you ok?” Sehun woke him from his dreamland and he nodded absently looking at the orbs. “Does the orbs give you power?”

Chen shook his head. “The red forces made them out of our profiles. Except Baek, when I hacked through the system, he didn’t have an orb but before I got into the portal, he had it.” He massaged his head, confused. “I need answers, as much as you, and I need to rest for it.”

“Sleep in the bed.” Sehun offered. “I will sleep when I will feel like it.” Chen held him from moving and pushed him to sit.

“You love Jongdae?” Sehun nodded before tearing up.

“But he loved Chanyeol hyung for so long. I understand, it just hurts.” Sehun admitted and Chen felt like hugging him tight. “Do you really think he is dead?”

Chen laughed. “I was mad. That is all. I am sure he is fine.”