II: tragic.

my heart in pieces // wheebyul short story

I get in our dance class earlier today. I am making sure to be just us, to be exaclty the way it was when we met each other.

I am all smiley today. There's no way to get wrong. She loves me too, right? 

It's a cloudy day. A beautiful day, if you ask me. 

I bought her a white rose cause I know she loves it. Damn, I am so lucky.

some days before.

- Byul, will you ever love me? - I ask her, insecure.

- Of course I will, Wheein-ah. Don't ask thngs like that! - She frowns, sad. 

- I am just too inscure. You're so wonderful and I'm so... - I sigh and she takes my hand, kissing it.

- You're so special, right? You're special, and talented, and you're my Wheein-ah. My. - She smile big, winking at me. 

- Yours. - I smile shyly.

We aren't dating or anything, yet, we treate ourselves like this. Like we are an old married couple. 

- Okay, let's cheer it up! - She almost yells and starts to tickle my belly.

- Byul, please! - I laugh loud.

- That's what I wanna hear, your laugh! 

back to day forty.

Before I open the door I close my eyes and sigh, smiling big. Bute when I open it, my smile fades. 

Byul is dancing with a rose colored girl. The girl is laughing loud and Byul is holding her waist, focusing on teach her the moves. 

Byul's eyes are in an expression I have never seen before. She is looking at the girl like she is the only girl in the world. She's looking at her like she is... in love. 

With this scene I figured out she was never in love with me. She was in love with us. With the story we were living, with the attention I give her. For her, I was only a character. She never loved me the way I love her.

She looks at me smiling, like everything is okay and normal. I quickly hide the rose.

- Wheein-ah! - She still holding the girl's waist, turning her to face me. - She's Yongsun, a new girl from our class. She doesn't know how to dance so I'm teaching her. Wanna join?

I feel my heart stopping. My eyes are blazing and I can feel the tears slowly coming out. I hold it. 

- No, actually I just came here to say I can't come today... I have to go somewhere with my parents. - I look down - Have fun you two. - I smile weak and get out of there.

- Bye, Wheein-ah! Have fun with your parent! - I can hear Byul yelling as I close the door and let my tears fall.

- Bye! - Yongsun yells too. I feel the will to punch her.

I run to my house, tears streaming down my face. How fool was I? Thinking that someone like her would love me! 

I lock myself in my room. My chest is heavy, my head is aching. I start to look at our pictures and a small smile appears in my mouth wet from the tears.

I remember of everything. 

day sixteen.

- Byul Yi, we're gonna to hurt ourselves!

She had the brillant idea of us riding bikes holding hands. 

- Wheein-ah, just let it be. Please. - She raises her hand for me to grab it and I snort, rolling my eyes. After I say okay, I grab her hand and we start to ride our bikes.

At first it's all about laughters but then, as I look at her I lose control of everything. Her beauty is just too unreal. 

I fall on the ground, hurting my knee a little. 

- Oh my god angel, I'm so sorry. - She runs to me, leaving a kiss on my knee. Then she starts laughing.

- Why are you laughing? - I try to be angry but I start laughing too. She kisses my forehead.

- Let's take a picture.

Maybe I am being too exaggerated. Maybe she is only teaching that girl and I saw things. I was too nervous. 

Yet, something on my chest is telling me I'm right. I am losing Moonbyul.

I ignore it and grab my phone, sending a message to her.

wheein-ah: hey byulyi! tomorrow is our dinner right? and then ill teach you about history since you have an exam next day!

byulyi: hey wheein-ah! im sorry i made plans with solar. ill teach her some dance moves after school, and then shell teach me history. don't worry xX see you in the school.

Maybe I am right. I lost her.