prologue

my heart in pieces // wheebyul short story

It's my first day at my dance classI am excited cause I really love to dance and I really need to practice a little more.

I look at myself in the mirror one more timesighing deeply and closing my eyes. "Everything will be fine", I say to myself.

I grab my cap and go downstairs, clearly nervousplaying with my hands and the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

The day is cloudyKinda uglyif you ask me.

Wheeindon't worry so muchkid. - The doorman of my building says to mesmiling with his eyes almost closed.

I give him a sincere but small smile. - I am tryingsir. - I bow down quickly to him and proceed to my whither.

I try to pay attention at everything but my negative thoughtsThe birds flying around the parkthe kids running and yelling at each othercouples kissing... Howevereverything seems too distant.

Can I read your handsmiss? - An old woman asks me politely. - It's free.

I'm sorry I am a bit late. - I smile back at hertrying to get away from herI never believed in such things.

I promise I will be quick. - She winks at me with both eyessmiling kindlyI can't resist.

Fine then. - I gigglegiving my hand to her.

As she pass her hand on mineher expression changedAt firstshe smiles lovely and then she frowns and holds her breath.

Something beautiful and tragic will happenkid. - She looks at me with his eyes full of pity. - It's something that will make you feel tons of new feelingslearn tons of new concepts of lifeI just ask you to be careful. - She kiss my hand and before I could answer she leaves.

With it I go quickly to the classdisturbed. "Don't believe her... She knows nothing about you."

enter in the room and there's only a girlShe is beautifully dancingHer moves are slimconfidentnatural... It looks like she born dancinglike the dance was already a part of her... Like a truly goddess.

I sighamazedShe looks at me through the mirror and I can see her cheeks getting pinkerShe smiles and I feel like the whole room is brighter now.

I didn't know you were watching - She comes at me, shyly.

I didn't want to bother youI am sorryI think I am at the wrong classI am sorry. - I am ready to leave but she grabs my hand softly.

Your class is here. - She giggle. - It's just too early.

I look to the clock on the wallI was thirty minutes earlierGeez... I didn't even notice.

- Oh my god... I am so sorry! - I hide my face in my handsshe takes my handssmiling bigger.

Stop apologizing. - Her bangs are falling softly on her foreheadalready sweaty. - My name is MoonbyulWhat's yours?

It makes sense... - I smirk at hertaking a confuse face from her.

What?

Moonbyul... Moon StarYou're a starA star as bright as the moon.

She blushes and makes a gun with her fingers pretending to shots meI put my hand on my chestfalling back.

She laughs loud and our laughs mixesIt is the most beautiful symphony.

I am Wheein. - She helps me to get up and keeps staring at me.

Wheein-ah... - She repeatssmirking. - Pretty Wheein-ah.

I smileblushing.

More girls are entering the roomEvery single one of them are beautifulyet for meMoonbyul is the most beautiful oneI can't take my eyes of her.

She's beautiful.

Tragically beautiful.