Six

I Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun gulped as his gaze landed on Jisoo. He blinked as he watched her lips tug into an encouraging smile, she waved at him as she called out his name and even in the chaos of the crowd, it was as if he could hear her very clearly. Sehun was actually expecting her to look away and settle her eyes somewhere else other than Sehun since he hadn't informed her about him playing in the team but she didn't.

"Let's go, Sehun." He felt Chanyeol's large palm pat his shoulder. He turned around to look at the said boy; Chanyeol was already sweating after practicing a little. He carried The black-and-white ball in his arms, a glimmer in his eyes. Sehun knew how much Chanyeol loved football. Even if the boy failed in every Math exam, he scored at least one goal in every of his matches. He was the captain of Falcons, their team, for a reason.

"Your time to shine," He whispered into Sehun's ears as he eyed the girls sitting side by side in the bleachers. he had a knowing look in his eyes. "Have fun. That's what every game is about." Chanyeol reminded him as he walked away, towards the other players clad in yellow on the other side of the field.

Kai observed his step-brother. Something was missing, he thought. Oh yes, his dorky pair of glasses, he chuckled. His eyes followed Sehun's gaze and just like he had imagined, Sehun's eyes were stuck on Jisoo as she whispered something into Jinri's ears, unaware of the pairs of eyes on her. He shook his head with a smirk on his face when he started to walk towards Sehun. He patted the younger guy on his arm, making him turn to face him.

Sehun's eye brows arched when his eyes fell on the smirk that decorated Kai's face. "Aww, Little Sehunnie's gonna play today, is he?" Kai mocked him. "For impressing someone, I see."

"Kai," Sehun closed his eyes in annoyance. "Please, mind your own business."

Kai chuckled, ''So you're finally using 'please' when talking to me? That's a nice progress." He stopped laughing and the playfull face he had turned into a serious one in a split second. "And, you're working so hard just to make my girlfriend notice you, don't you think it's automatically my business too?" He glared at him.

"Oh please, Kai. Do you even know what the word girlfriend means?" Sehun arched his brows as he folded his arms on his chest, a smile on his lips.

"Of course. Girlfriends are...just things that can be played with. You know, toys of some sort." Kai smirked. "Also, I know how to break bones. Better be careful, Oh Sehun."

"Goal!"

Jisoo flinched when she heard Jinri screaming right beside her ear. It wasn't only Jinri; it was more than half of the stadium shouting the same word. Jisoo smiled at the boy who had successfully scored the second goal that evening for his team. She saw Chanyeol engulfing Sehun in a bone-crushing hug while the other members of Falcons patted him for his achievement. Sehun beamed, a bright smile plastered on his face as the strands of his wet hair stuck to his forehead.

Their eyes met and that shy look on his face was back. He had earned himself a lot fangirls that evening, Jisoo thought as she smiled encouragingly at him. She could hear Jinri shouting That's my best friend! right beside her ear. Sehun was a sweating mess in that yellow jersey of his team. He looked vastly different without his dorky big glasses. The brown strands of his hair weren't covering his forehead after all the time Sehun had ran his fingers through them. Simply put, he looked like someone who most girls in the school would have a crush on.

"Vernon!" Kai called out as he directed his piercing glare at his step-brother. He called out to his best friend who was busy at pointing towards certain areas in the field, shouting over instruction to the other players of Arsenals, clad in red. He decided to walk towards the boy. "Yah, Vernon."

"Listen, I'm really sorry, okay?" Vernon started. "I didn't see him coming."

"Of course you didn't." Kai grumbled, "Let's switch places, Vernie."
Vernon's eyes widened, "What the hell are you talking about, Kai? Are you out of your freaking mind?."

"I'm the captain of the team, Vernon," he stated sharply. "You're supposed to be listening to me."

"Aish, Kai we're already losing!" Vernon exclaimed into his friend's ear, hoping to squeeze some sense into his head. "We can't switch positions. That won't happen another time, I promise."

"Well, we'll be changing our positions, Vernon; even if you don't want it." Kai calmly said before patting the guy on the shoulder.

"What if I mess up?" Vernon asked, his brows furrowed than ever.

"You won't. I trust you."

"You know nothing of defense, Kai." Vernon sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

He only caught the glimpse of Kai smirking at him and leaving. His gaze followed his running figure as Kai reached his place on the field. A sigh once again escaped Vernon's lips as he started to reluctantly walk towards Kai's place.

"I'll not be defending anyway," Kai murmured, ignoring the questioning glances he got from the players of both the team that were in his area. He glanced at his step-br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter