Ten

I Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Kai, as far as he could see; Sehun could perfectly make out his step-brother's silhouette in the dark. He stood there, a little stunned though not completely surprised to find him surrounded by some senior boys. He looked at his watch, it was already past 5:30 in the evening and he wondered what Kai was even doing there. He seemed to be in an argument with those boys who were much taller than him. Sehun's brows arched when one of those boys caught Kai by the collar, shouting angrily at him. Kai shouted something back, struggling to get out of the stronger grip.

Something happened in between and he found himself watching Kai as he got punched on the face, on that same spot he had punched him that night. He realized how unfair the fight was, Kai against five or six of them, moreover, they were seniors. He contemplated on helping his brother out of the situation or just indifferently walking across the scene and act as if he didn't see anything. He knew Kai deserved more of those punches after doing what he did that morning which resulted in Jisoo crying but then again, he knew he had to be a good brother, step or not.

"Kai?!" He exclaimed from where he was, turning heads towards him. Kai seemed to grumble something under his nose in annoyance after he saw Sehun. Sehun took some slow steps towards him, his arms crossed. "What have you gotten yourself into now?" He had this smirk playing on his lips. The grip on Kai's collar seemed to loosen with every step his step-brother took.

"Get lost, Oh Sehun," he mumbled, looking away as if he didn't notice him. The boys surrounding him seemed to be engrossed in finding who he was, forgetting about Kai. He knew for a fact that even the two of them would be no match for the six boys standing over there.

"Aren't you the step-brother?" One of the boys snickered at Sehun. "Don't you want us to do what we are going to do?"

"Of course, I do," Sehun chuckled a little. "And I'm not stopping you guys. Go ahead, do what you want to. I'll be rather happy," he smiled at Kai who rolled his eyes. Kai arched his brows when Sehun signalled him to escape the scene since every one in the scene was now attentively listening to what Sehun had to say. Sehun kept blabbering stuff, buying him more time to get out of the place but he just couldn't understand why Sehun would be even helping him when he had done no good to him in the first place.

He stealthily took his first step out of the circle, his eyes still on Sehun's who slightly nodded at him and started answering the next question that was thrown at him. He observed those boys for a while and they seemed to have forgotten about him. He swiftly made a run, not knowing where he was going. He didn't know what would happen to the younger boy he had left behind. He didn't care anyway, he assured himself.

He ran on the sidewalk, the road beside him empty and dark. He knew for a fact that he had left Sehun in trouble but it wasn't his problem to begin with. His step-brother had called the trouble upon himself and Kai was in no way responsible for him. He didn't have any idea why he was so suddenly cornered by those boys from his senior classes when he was just making his way to Jisoo's house to properly apologize to her. Though it was normal for him to be grateful to Sehun, he was denying the fact that he owed something to his step-brother.

He soon found himself running along with Sehun by his side. "What did you get yourself into?" He asked.

Kai looked behind them and his speed increased when he got a glimpse of those boys running right after them, "What have you done, Oh Sehun?!" He exclaimed as Sehun took his speed.

"Saved you of course!" Sehun exclaimed back. "Would you have liked it better if I had left you there?" Kai didn't reply to him. He observed how his brother was gradually decreasing his speed and looked behind to see that they were just in reach of those boys. He grabbed Kai's arm and sped. Kai was caught a little off-guard but soon adjusted himself to the new speed. Sehun pulled the two of them in a nearby alley and the two watched as those boys, clueless, went ahead with no idea that the two younger boys were hiding there in the dark.

Kai rested his back against the wall and felt Sehun do the exact thing after sighing in relief. Sehun's eyes widened when Kai started to laugh out loud all of a sudden. He narrowed his eyes at him, but Kai looked like he was laughing genuinely. A little later he realized exactly why he was laughing and started doing the same. He was a little happy when those eyes of his brother turned into little crescents in the dark. They had successfully escaped, what could've been better than that. The sound of their laughter fills t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter