Epilogue

I Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa, can you take a picture of us?" Jinri gave him a cute smile as she pulled Vernon by his arm, "Let's take another picture, please?" The guy looked quite annoyed but tried to force a smile on his lips. It was his girlfriend's graduation and he had no choice but to take pictures here and pictures there, not like he didn't like it but it was an ordeal, really, to carry the large teddy bear Jinri had gotten as a gift, almost his size everywhere Jinri dragged him to. And it wasn't like he could say no to his girlfriend's cute smiles either.

Jongin nodded with a smile on his lips as he motioned Vernon to stand beside Jinri. He shook his head at the cute couple, wondering how his camera's memory was almost full with Jinri and Vernon's pictures only. The graduation ceremony hadn't started yet though. He remembered himself sporting that same dress Jinri was wearing a year ago with his best friend by his side. After graduation, Jongin had started to pursue photography and he loved his occupation for the time-being. Of course, his father wouldn't let him be just a photographer for the rest of his life.

He nodded at the couple once as he lowered the camera from his eyes, "As usual, beautiful," he smiled at the girl who blushed at his comment.

"Dude, get yourself a girlfriend," Vernon whined before grabbing Jinri's arm and striding away. A jealous boyfriend he was, easily triggered but Jinri somehow managed. By the looks of it, she was a happy girlfriend.

"Vernie, you forgot the teddy bear!" Jongin shouted, hoping his voice would be heard from such a distance. Vernon seemed to hear that. The guy turned around with a tired look in his face that he was obviously faking and walked back to the the large bear. "You can keep it in my car, you know."

"Why did I not think of that before?" Vernon mumbled to himself.

"Well, no surprise you're an idiot." Jongin chuckled at his best friend. "Go, keep it in my car," he patted his shoulder and the guy nodded with his lips pressed into a line. Jongin turned around to see his parents craning their necks and most probably searching for either of their sons. "Dad!" he exclaimed, raising his hand so that they could see him in the crowd, "No, stay there. I'll take a picture!" He motioned them to where he though would be best with the camera in his hand. He smiled at the couple before clicking there picture. Jongin was getting professional day by day and was falling in love with his camera. He knew he couldn't let that happen but he couldn't help it. Perhaps his parents would understand one day that he needed this camera close to him so that he could breathe even.

"Looking for Sehun, are you?" Jongin asked as he approached his mother, well, previously Sehun's mother but Jongin had formed this habit of calling her Mommy now. "He'll be delivering the gradution speech, you see," He explained, squinting his eyes to get a clearer view of the picture he had just taken. "Sehun is facing a crisis in the backstage and Jisoo is reminding him that he needs to calm down," He let out a little chuckle. "I took a picture of them," he passed his camera to his mother so that she could see that as well. The lady chuckled at the picture, observing the picture of her son literally freaking out and Jisoo laughing at his face.

"That's a sneaky work, Jongin," she said.

"No, that's talent, Mommy," he smiled at her, taking his camera back. "Where did Dad go? Business calls again? It's his son's graduation, for god's sake," Jongin whined like a little kid. He didn't like it very much when his father started to jumble his family and work all together. That was one of the reasons his previous mother had left but somehow, he could say he was glad she left. He had gotten a new family, with a very considerate mother and just the little brother he had wanted along with his father trying to mend his ways to keep the family happy and complete.

Relax. Sehun puffed his cheeks with air, blinking at the audience from the backstage. The hall had always been so big and solely used for graduations every year. He had once been here before, in his brother's graduation. "Do you see Jimin Oppa there?" He let out a startled gasp when he heard that voice from behind. Jisoo chuckled at his weird response, "You're still so nervous," she held his cheeks with both her palms, "You might burst when you go up on the stage at this rate."

"It's not easy," he mumbled, "Why would they choose me out of thirty eight students who are graduating today? I hate this," his whines sounded somewhat cute. Jisoo pinched his cheeks with her chuckle. He could pull out this overwhelming cuteness in him even in slacks and formal clothing. He was a mixture of everything good in the world, it showed in his face. There was nothing as a choice that the school authority could make since Sehun was the valedictorian; acing in every subject with flying colours.

"Damn, you're cute," she commenting, observing that pout on his face.

"You should look at yourself, sweetie," he responded with a smile.

"You'll do just fine, okay?" Jisoo patted his shoulder before tiptoe-ing to give him a chaste kiss on the lips, "Be yourself, Sehun. Don't give us a speech we would rather not listen to. Make sure no one falls asleep while listening to you. They have chosen you for a reason."

Sehun nodded, a smile on his lips, Jisoo had remained the same Jisoo she had been when he had met her. Her pitch black hair had grown down to her waist and that was more or less the only change he could point out when he set his eyes on her. "You've got a lot of fangirls, don't disappoint them, dear boyfriend."

"As if I care," he mumbled before pressing his lips to her in a short kiss. Jisoo smiled into it, holding him close in a hug. She liked it when his hands messed her perfectly combed hair up and then fixed it again. He did that all the time and she was used to it.  It was almost impossible to pull away when Jisso pushed him a little by the arm.

"You have a speech to make," she mumbled against her lips. "Don't tremble, Mr. Valedictorian, when you go up on the stage, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll try," Jisoo could hear the nervousness in his voice. She wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug and before he could hug her back, she pulled out.

"You'll do just great, Oh Sehun," She smiled at him before pulling his cheeks. "You'll spot me in the second row from the stage, okay? I'll be cheering for you, not like you haven't got some free cheerleaders for yourself already, but I'd do it anyway." He nodded at her, feeling the warmth slip away as she left. He realized he felt empty again when she disappeared out of sight.

Sehun found it annoying, really, to have himself stalked everyday to home and then to school and literally to every place he ever went. He wondered why Jisoo spoke so fondly of these fangirls of him that he had gotten after he had started to wear contact lenses and keep his glasses at home because his doctor said he didn't need those anymore. Confession letters, unreasonable gifts, whatnot, and he was tired of being polite.

Jisoo thought it was natural of him to have girls crushing on him. She said it was all fault of the age they were going through; they were immature and reckless and half the time, they didn't know what they were doing. "It's not their fault that you're so handsome," She had once said and though it sounded amusing to Sehun because she seldom complimented him, he didn't like the idea of having people to stalk him around wherever he went.

"As you can see, behind each graduate there must have been at least a dozen people providing support in at least a dozen ways. To our parents, you dragged us out of bed every morning, herded us to the door or bus stops and we are utterly grateful that you made sure we were getting the best out of the best," It was harder than he had thought it would be. His legs were so close to trembling as he looked at the huge audience in front of him. He could spot his brother with that camera around his neck. Jongin had chosen that checked shirt for the day, the sleeves folded up to his elbows and that smile was prominent on his face His hands were busy clicking pictures every now and then.

"To our teachers," he gulped, feeling totally hopeless as he had forgotten what he had prepared for the speech. He was supposed to memorize that but his nervousness had gotten the best of him. Sehun had to make it all up now, "Thank you for sharing your time, talent and knowledge with us. Yes, we know it was your job to do so, but what you did for us went beyond the call of duty," Sehun glanced at Jisoo who raised her brows at him, holding the paper he had jotted his speech down in her hands. She gave him a smile, realizing he had forgotten his lines. "To our custodial staff and lunchroom attendants, thank you for keeping our school clean and safe. You know better than anyone else what slobs we've been. You actually deserve some kind of medal," he watched his father give him a smile from the very end of the last row. He realized they've been late and that those were the seats they've gotten; in the very end.

    "T-to our guidance counselors, thank you for listening and trying to keep us on the right track for graduation. Without your help, some of us might not be graduating today," Sehun wanted curse at himself for stuttering; he was the valedictorian, representing his whole batch of classmates and he wasn't supposed to stumble upon his words. "We...began school as children," he internally sighed, he really was making it up now, "...we're leaving as adults. The best way we graduates can show our gratitude is to make the most of the opportunity we've been given, and go forward into the world with the intention of making it a better place for the generations that follow us," He took one deep breath before closing it with a 'Thank you'. He heard cheers and the sound of claps in the hall, but he couldn't smile to himself. It really was over, his high sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter