Five

I Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how was lunch with my girlfriend?"

Sehun looked up instantly from his book, hearing the cold voice cut through the air inside his room. Kai stood there with his arms crossed, leaning by the door with an expressionless face.

"Girlfriend?" he released a chuckle, "Do you even have one?"

"Of course. My brother might have missed that," Kai smirked, taking a step into the room.

"I bet it's exciting to sit beside her in every class."

Sehun nodded with a genuine smile and turned his gaze back to his paper works, "I would've believed you if you knew how to treat a girl, Kai. You apparently don't."

"How would you know? Your dull face could never afford a girlfriend, anyway," Kai snickered, taking a seat on the end of the bed, "Let's cut the crap then. Whatever you did today, make sure it never happens again. Jisoo was talking about how much of a 'gentleman' you were today and I apparently didn't like that."

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?"

"Well, you better. You should listen to your elders anyway, right kiddo?" he said, quirking one of his brows with a smile, "Stop hanging out with her as well, I don't like it."

He stood up and made his way towards the door but stopped when Sehun's voice boomed in the silent room.

"Why don't you tell your girlfriend to not hang out with me? You know what, Kai? We've been friends for like more than half of our lives and you are no one to intrude," Sehun stood up as well from his chair, putting his phone on top of the papers to prevent them from getting misplaced.

"Fine then, you're her friend. Let's keep it to that, dear brother?" Kai flashed one of his fake smiles to him and Sehun smiled back.

"I can't promise you anything, sadly," Sehun chuckled, shutting the door in his face with that innocent smile. He was genuinely smiling since he had heard how he made Jisoo notice him finally and he knew there was no way back from the game he was playing with his own step-brother.

 

"Sehun is waiting, Soo."

She slammed her phone on her desk and quickly combed her shiny black hair into place when she heard her elder brother shouting from downstairs.

"I'm almost done!" she yelled back in response. She stopped shoving the books into her backpack when a realization hit her. Sehun never comes to their house to take her along with him to school.

"Wait, who came?" she mumbled to herself as she looked at her reflection one last time before rushing down the stairs.

"Sehun!"

The said boy turned around hearing his name being called. He smiled warmly at the girl descending the stairs while putting each of her arms into her blazer's sleeves.

"Good morning," he greeted her as soon as she came down.

"Morning," Jisoo stared at him with a questioning gaze, "I didn't really expect you to come and fetch me to school."

"I was just going this way..." he trailed off with a blush creeping up his cheeks.

"Don't you go this way everyday?" Jisoo chuckled. She bid goodbye to her brother who mumbled a 'take care' before heading upstairs.

"Let's go."

Sehun nodded and they exited the building, making their way towards the bus stop.

"There's a soccer match today at school," Sehun started.

"Soccer match?" Jisoo repeated.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd come. You know, Kai will be there too," he mumbled back.

"I know, he's the captain of his team, right?" Jisoo asked, "Right, he was talking about this last night as well and he asked me to come."

"Oh, then you will be coming," Sehun mumbled, unable to choose his words, standing beside her. He realized she doesn't really give a damn about what goes on in school and that was probably how she ended up dating Kai. He wondered if she knew that he was selected in the trials that were held by Chanyeol's team as his skills were quite good; he was also given the position of a forward.

"So, whom would you be supporting?" he asked, "You know, Chanyeol is the captain of the other team too."

"Oh, I'll be supporting both then," Jisoo smiled at him, having no idea of how his heartbeats just sped up with that little tilt of her lips. Sehun simply nodded and that's when the bus arrived. She ran towards the vehicle and he followed her in.

"There are no seats...?" Jisoo mumbled, her eyes scanning the bus for two vacant seats but sadly, not even one was empty. Moreover, some passengers were standing, holding onto the railing above them for support.

"We'll just have to stand then," a frown decorated Sehun's face, "Hold onto this tightly, okay?" he pointed at the railing above their heads. Jisoo nodded like a little girl, holding out her hand to clutch onto the said r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter